I want to be a trophy wife

Options
2»

Replies

• brandymandycandy
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have noticed that I am more likely to get on and do everything I need to do now that I people in my corners. Its an awesome feeling.
  • echoesofwonder
    echoesofwonder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be a trophy wife as well! I know it is totally for me, my husband has never seen me thin, so it isn't like he is pressuring me to lose weight. In fact, I have been tracking for almost a week now (I am new to MFP) and my husband said "Oh, well since you are being responsible, I should be too!"

I am sending you the best of wishes from Indiana!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    My goal is to be a trophy wife as well! I know it is totally for me, my husband has never seen me thin, so it isn't like he is pressuring me to lose weight. In fact, I have been tracking for almost a week now (I am new to MFP) and my husband said "Oh, well since you are being responsible, I should be too!"

I am sending you the best of wishes from Indiana!

My husband has never seen me thin either!!! He can eat me out of house and home and still be thin :laugh: I gain weight just watching him eat.

My husband has jokingly said, you lose that *kitten* and those B**BS you're outta here. :laugh:
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I too would love to be a trophy wife. My husband and I met when I was 18 and at 120lbs and I would love to be closer to that again. I'm tired of being the fattest wife in his group of friends. Feel free to add me.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I too would love to be a trophy wife. My husband and I met when I was 18 and at 120lbs and I would love to be closer to that again. I'm tired of being the fattest wife in his group of friends. Feel free to add me.

True story! I say the same thing, I want to be the wife that my husband's friends and their wives are jealous of!
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Also aspiring to be a trophy wife! Seems to be a common goal :)
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I constantly start and stop this program, and I'd really like to stick with it. My name is Brandy, and its great to meet all of you.

In 2011 I got married to an amazing man, who taught me a lot about myself. But I also married a man who is happy with the way I am and doesn't seem to understand my struggle to want to lose weight. 2 days after I got home from my honeymoon I unexpectedly lost my job with a financial institution. I loved my career and when I lost my job, I lost who I was, my identity. With that came depression and self-loathing, eating and weight gain. I had no motivation to look for a job, let alone care about myself.

I am currently employed again with the State of Pennsylvania and I'd love to just get healthy again. I have a far journey ahead of me with over 100 pounds to lose. But my husband and I want children and I want to be a healthy mother.

I'm looking for friends who will motivate me, keep me going! Positive influence only :)

Feel free to add me!! Who doesn't wanna be a trophy wife?!?!?! You got this!!
  • trichards170
    trichards170 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your topic "subject" caught my eye! I'm feeling the same way. Hope we can be eachothers support!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    We can all motivate eachother, I am so much more committed now that I have people in my corner telling me I got this :love:
  • KeiraBeyonce
    Options
    Welcome Brandy! :smile:
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    Welcome Brandy! :smile:

Thank you hun :smile:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

This is me, too, though I was 22 and 120 lbs when we met. He still remembers what I wore that day.

I'm the largest wife in our circle of friends by quite a lot, and was too embarrassed to go to his company Christmas party (though I sucked it up this year and went, only to find out later that his friends were concerned about my weight and health).

I want to be a trophy wife and not the one hiding at home.
  • brandymandycandy
    Options

This is me, too, though I was 22 and 120 lbs when we met. He still remembers what I wore that day.

I'm the largest wife in our circle of friends by quite a lot, and was too embarrassed to go to his company Christmas party (though I sucked it up this year and went, only to find out later that his friends were concerned about my weight and health).

I want to be a trophy wife and not the one hiding at home.

You got this! I am the heaviest out of my sister-n-laws (one of them runs 16-20 miles a day for marthon training) Talk about a punch in the gut!!!!!

i don't want to be the heaviest one anymore.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me! My hubby always says I look "fine" and that he doesnt care what I look like. That should make me happy I suppose...but somehow it doesnt. I would like to be some eye candy for him too!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hi Brandy! I've been on this myfitnesspal for 370 days (literally) and have never failed to log in. I've failed to meet my calorie goal each day but I never gave up. I say this to say that this is the first time I've ever really checked out the message boards and your post was the first one that caught my eye. I'm a few pounds away from my goal and I just wanted to tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS! One day at a time, one log in at a time, just don't give up. Please feel free to add me to your support group. I can totally relate to wanting to look good for your husband. That was part of my motivation but in the process of losing almost 50 lbs I found MYSELF and I found out that I was really doing this for ME.

The biggest thing that works for me is to NOT FOCUS ON THE SCALE but to focus on reaching your calorie goal each day. It was slow & steady but I kept reaching that goal the number on the scale took care of itself. For the first time instead of my goal being to lose 50 lbs, my goal was to log in each day for an entire year and reach my calorie goal. The number on the scale was really out of my control but the number of calories I put into my mouth totally is in my control. Another promise and goal I made for myself was to be true and honest with myself about portion size and calorie counts. It's easy to fudge the numbers but it feels GOOD to be true.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
    Sandy

Love this outlook!
  • echoesofwonder
    echoesofwonder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! You two sound like a lot of fun. :laugh: I am sure there are lots of laughs in your house.

Well, I would like to keep up with you on your journey if you are alright with that? I am hoping someone else's drive will keep me motivated too!
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My wife is a trophy wife!

Just not 1st place!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    My wife is a trophy wife!

Just not 1st place!

I'm sure your wife is 1st place to you!