Advice for in the bedroom

Options
13»

Replies

• amanda_catherine
    Options
    I have a Donald trump set, and i wake up with a come over everyday..
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    We have a Sealy Comforpedic (don't remember the model name but it was in the neighborhood of $2500-3000 for a queen size). LOVE it. It's memory foam and latex combined (kinda), so you get the comfy awesome memory foam sleep, but still get the "spring" for when you need it (non-sleeping bed activities).

Got the same thing last year. I forget the exact model but we went all out and got the adjustable frame with massage built in. Some days I regret spending $5000 on a bed but then I never regret it when I'm in the bed. Amazing sleep every night.

The difference between the Comforpedic and Tempurpedic is the response time when you move. The Comforpedic sinks in like a memory foam but when you move it bounces back to shape much quicker than other memory foams so you're not stuck in a mold the shape of your body.

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattress-reviews-comforped.html
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:

You can't believe everything that you Google. ;)

We also have a Tempur-Pedic mattress and love it!! My husband has a bad back (curvature of the spine, ruptured disk in his neck and degeneration of the lower spine) and this mattress has been a God-send. There is several softness/firmness models to choose from. I believe ours is the standard one (Rhapsody) which is firm enough for me and soft enough for the husband's liking.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    I have a Donald trump set, and i wake up with a come over everyday..

hahahaha bedhead... level expert

trump-hair-386cm041211.jpg
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Read the title - came here with lots of advice!!!

Read the OP - I has no more advice.
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We have a mid-range sleep number. It's an investment, but my wife and I love it. Plus, as you lose weight, you get to lower your "number" to maintain the firmness you want. It's free bonus affirmation!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have a sleep number, and it is great.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a sleep number and love it. I love that I can change the firmness whenever I want, dependin' on how my body feels.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    We have a faux Temper Pedic from WalMart.com. They shipped it to our local wm for free. It was cheap and it is awesome!!!! We got the thinner one, then got a memoy foam topper as well. I used to have hip and shoulder pain from always sleeping on my side, not anymore!!! We've had it about 3 years now and are in love with it.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    We have a Simmons Beautyrest Black and it is quite simply the best mattress I have ever owned. Yes, it is pricey. But the support, comfort, and sleep I get on it is unsurpassed. And I've tried many different mattresses.

Oh, and on that "sex" note .... good spring and comfort ... definitely a plus there too! ;-)
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Im in love with my sleep number. Madly in love in fact.
    Best purchase I ever made!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    We have a Simmons Beautyrest Black and it is quite simply the best mattress I have ever owned. Yes, it is pricey. But the support, comfort, and sleep I get on it is unsurpassed. And I've tried many different mattresses.

Oh, and on that "sex" note .... good spring and comfort ... definitely a plus there too! ;-)

X2!!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are snugglers and have found that after awhile we fall in the crack in the middle on our Sleep Number. Have you had any issues with that?
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Google "sex and tempur-pedic". This is why I went with a different brand :laugh:

haha yeah I saw in some of the reviews that it "discouraged active sex" due to the fact you get stuck in a position. However, users noted improved traction, which I have never even considered as a factor

Waffle making is def an important, but secondary consideration in a bed :D

I actually prefer waffle making on temperpedic - the traction, the resistance, no squicky springs or headboard knocking...
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Sleep Number bed. At least 3 times a week when I crawl into at the end of the day I tell my husband how much I love it. Yes there is a "valley" in the middle between the 2 air chambers that you will notice if you happen to roll into the middle but even then I find that it's not uncomfortable. Don't have any sex issues with it like you do with the tempurpedic. The best part is that its adjustable so if your back is hurting you can make it harder or softer. Again I love my Sleep Number so much!! Wish I would have bought it 5 years earlier and I would buy it again in a heart beat.

This