sugar free breakfast cookie

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    That sounds really tasty (and I have all the ingredients for it!)
    Will have to try. Thanks for posting!
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    Sounds good! I plan to try them!!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump. I bet these would be great for my kids and I on school/work days. I'm getting smoothied out.
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Bump - thanks!
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    tag :-)
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I just made these cookies and they are DELISH! Thanks for the post!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • kristinelw
    kristinelw Posts: 29
    Options
    I've made these cookies twice now, and I really like them. The first time I used nuts (hazelnuts, I think) instead of fruit, the next time I used a mixture of sunflower seeds and flaxseeds instead of fruit and used peanut butter instead of applesauce. I must say I prefer them with peanut butter. Sure, it adds more calories, but the taste is just perfect with the banana!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You all have come up with some great add in's! Looking forward to trying out different mix-in's:drinker: :wink:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    does anyone have a variation that doesn't include banana? I can't even be in the same room as a banana without wanting to vomit. The thought of eating one makes me gag. But these sound great otherwise.

I don't bake so I don't know what would make a suitable substitute and have the recipe still "work". I fear if I just skip it then they won't bake properly or be really dry or something...

would more applesauce be ok?
  • xLissyx
    xLissyx Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    bump
  • psychicteabag
    psychicteabag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristinelw
    kristinelw Posts: 29
    Options
    does anyone have a variation that doesn't include banana? I can't even be in the same room as a banana without wanting to vomit. The thought of eating one makes me gag. But these sound great otherwise.

I don't bake so I don't know what would make a suitable substitute and have the recipe still "work". I fear if I just skip it then they won't bake properly or be really dry or something...

You could alway try, but I think it would need quite a bit of change of the recipe if you are to skip the banana entirely. The banana is the glue that keeps this cookie together, and I don't think apple sauce would work the same way. An egg and a bit of peanut butter might work, though, but I'm no expert, so I can't guarantee anything :)
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Tag
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

You could alway try, but I think it would need quite a bit of change of the recipe if you are to skip the banana entirely. The banana is the glue that keeps this cookie together, and I don't think apple sauce would work the same way. An egg and a bit of peanut butter might work, though, but I'm no expert, so I can't guarantee anything :)

Maybe pumpkin puree? Or, maaaaaybe some peeled zucchini that has been cooked and mashed? I'm just thinking about the different kinds of breads out there like banana bread, pumpkin bread, etc and figure that maybe any of those would do the trick. In fact, I might try a batch with the pumpkin I have in my freezer. I'll let ya know how it goes if I do.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    bump
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Maybe pumpkin puree? Or, maaaaaybe some peeled zucchini that has been cooked and mashed? I'm just thinking about the different kinds of breads out there like banana bread, pumpkin bread, etc and figure that maybe any of those would do the trick. In fact, I might try a batch with the pumpkin I have in my freezer. I'll let ya know how it goes if I do.

Results are in!

I made a version of these cookies with 300 grams of pumpkin puree. This puree was just cooked and mashed pumpkin that I had in my freezer, so it was quite a bit more watery than the canned stuff--just FYI for those trying it with canned.

So here's what I combined (a lot of it is just estimates, especially the spices, but just make your best guess).

- 300 g pumpkin puree (I think it was about 1.5 cups, but I forgot to measure in cups)
    - 1 apple (peeled, chopped, heated on the stovetop and mashed--but you could use about 1/2 cup of applesauce)
    - 2 cups thick rolled oats
    - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    - 1/4 tsp allspice
    - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    - 1/4 tsp salt (Don't skip the salt! It brings the flavors together and really doesn't add a lot of sodium.)
    - 2 scoops Full Circle Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
    - 1/4 cup water

I baked at 350 for about 15 mins. The resulting cookies are very tasty. This made 12 cookies that are about 100 calories apiece, 16 g carbs, 1 gram fat, 6 grams protein, 67 g sodium, 3 g fiber.