Can i eat anything as long as I stay under calorie goal?!?!

Options
So I'm wondering how generous I should be towards my cravings and appetites when it comes to foods that I clearly shouldn't be eating. A Big Mac is supposedly 550 calories and I love me some Micky D's. My calorie goal is around 2,000 so can I eat a Bic Mac or 2 on any given day or should I stay away? Can I eat 5 white choclate macadamian nut cookies once per day like I want to? :laugh: Tryin to get back to bein sexy for the summer! Need motivaton and advice!

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Technically yes, you can, but you're not going to be very healthy doing so.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't be doing it every day... look at it more as a reason not to feel completely crap about eating something you love occasionally rather than an excuse to pig out on something with poor nutritional value.

and don't eat the fries :laugh:
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can eat what ever you like if it fits within your calorie goal and macros. After awhile you will probably find that McD's etc isn't worth the amount of calories. I still have chocolate everyday just much smaller amounts than i used to.
    Whatever works for you its not up to others to tell you what you should and shouldn't be eating. Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You can if you want. Its the calories that'll determine your weight loss. But making better choices of your food will give your body the nutrition it needs.

But there's nothing wrong with a Big Mac once a week, say.
  • CharNordie
    CharNordie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I only ever left myself 100-150 calories for a "splurge" the rest of my day is very nutritional ...a Big Mac may have calories that will fit into your day but won't have any nutritional value.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Not true. I eat McDonald's at least once a week and KNOW I'm healthier than a lot of vegans, paleo, clean eaters etc. who are overweight.
    Health isn't just about food. Health is encompassed by weight, essential nutrition, exercise, rest, genetics, environment, disease resistance and happiness. Delete any one of those and you can compromise your health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Technically you can eat whatever you want. However, foods high in protein, fiber, and nutrients will keep you feeling fuller and more energetic.

My dinner was 370 calories today. That's about what a McDouble has. Instead of one puny burger I got a huge plate of spaghetti, chicken, and carrots. What's gonna make me feel better?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Not true. I eat McDonald's at least once a week and KNOW I'm healthier than a lot of vegans, paleo, clean eaters etc. who are overweight.
    Health isn't just about food. Health is encompassed by weight, essential nutrition, exercise, rest, genetics, environment, disease resistance and happiness. Delete any one of those and you can compromise your health.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    While I agree with your comment. I believe she is talking about you micro nutrient intake from those types of foods.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    And to those that say a Big Mac has no nutritional value......wrong. It's not the best nutritional value, but it still has value.

Carbs 46
    Fiber 3
    Protein 25
    Fat 29

IDEA Fitness member
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    You may find that after eating healthily for a while your tastes will change and you won't want crap as it will,taste too greasy and you'll feel so horrible afterwards. The thought of food like that now, just doesn't do anything for me.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    While I agree with your comment. I believe she is talking about you micro nutrient intake from those types of foods.
    Maybe. But most people on here believe that eating any fast food is nothing but a detriment to weight loss.

IDEA Fitness member
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    I'm working off this philosophy... 'Choose foods that feed your body, instead of foods that feed your flesh.'
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Maybe. But most people on here believe that eating any fast food is nothing but a detriment to weight loss.

IDEA Fitness member

and i believe too that encouraging people to eat mcdonalds regularly under the mistaken belief it's okay could be very much a slippery slope for some. I don't think a burger or bit of pizza or whatever now and then is the end of the world, but taking it off the menu while kickstarting a healthy eating plan is my preference
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    You may find that after eating healthily for a while your tastes will change and you won't want crap as it will,taste too greasy and you'll feel so horrible afterwards. The thought of food like that now, just doesn't do anything for me.
    That's subjective though. I eat "healthy" 80% of the time. "Crappy" the other 20%. Never feel horrible after downing a McD's cheeseburger.
    So for you, it's crap. To me it's a treat.

IDEA Fitness member
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

IDEA Fitness member

McDonalds goes straight to my boobs. And I don't need anymore of those! :drinker:
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yeah you could. Although wasting your calories on junk will probably leave you hungry. Generally healthy food is a lot more filling. But once every now and then I dont see the harm :wink:

I'm saving up tomorrows calories for a massive dinner at the pub.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Can i eat anything as long as I stay under calorie goal?!?!

YES
    /thread
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    McDonalds goes straight to my boobs. And I don't need anymore of those! :drinker:

I'd gladly trade.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I can testify to this as well. As a cop I still run through the occasional drive-trough and eat as I please. It has not really hurt me much at all as long as I make the rest of my day work around that particular meal. It's really not that big of a deal if you do it right.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins eat anything I want along as my macros and cals are in there goal range I've lost 35lbs since September an thats cheating every single weekend why deprive yourself of food you like to lose weight x