Raspberry Ketones for the rest of us!

Options

Replies

• sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    great read! i'll be rereading this on my tough days!! thanks!
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bumping for future reference.
  • LinkousSara
    LinkousSara Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    very encouraging! i have been at a weight stand still for a couple months (gained about 10lbs over the holidays). I have lost a 3 since then!
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read when I feel like quitting
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Just what I needed to hear (and will probably need to hear again....and again....).

THANKS!
  • DannielleMM
    DannielleMM Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great advice, I needed it today. You look great, and should be so proud of your accomplishments. Fantastic!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Great advice ????
  • dawneekoz
    dawneekoz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "No pretending beans are cookies." love it! I agree 100% with everything you wrote. Just eat well, exercise and drink water. Don't need any tricks.
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love rule #8!
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bean.

Never giving up.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bean.

Never giving up.

Quite right.
    Bumping to counterbalance the calories in/calories out nonsense post.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great post. Everyone starting out should read this.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Fab post. I'd add, if you are starting out, change one thing at a time. If your diet is rubbish, improve that - start by looking at portion sizes, learn what you are actually putting into your body, make better decisions. You don't have to go hell for leather at the gym at the same time. I lost the first half stone just being aware of my food.

Also, if you make a poor choice, forgive yourself and move on straight away - if it's noon and you know you'll be over for the day, you don't have to just go all out and binge because if you're over you may as well be -really- over. The next choice you make can be a good one - you can swap out a chocolate bar for a banana, or skip pudding, or go for a walk.. even if you're over, you'll minimise the damage.

I'd also agree with giving yourself a break now and then - if this is going to be 'forever' and not a diet, it has to be enjoyable. I haven't cut any foods out of my diet, I just know I have to exercise more if I want something calorie dense! Eat real food (butter not olive spread if you like it, as many fruits and veggies and home made things that you can) and you'll enjoy it more. Personally I don't like prepackaged meals, but we batch cook and freeze so there's always something yummy available to add to a baked potato or similar.

The other thing I'd say made a huge difference for me was having some personal training. I'd been going to the gym for a year and it hadn't really done anything. I started seeing a PT just for 30 minutes a week, but it kicked my butt enough to get me there twice more in the week (or I knew I'd -really- be suffering!). There were two benefits - one is that you get pushed beyond where you'd push yourself, so your fitness improves, and the other for me is that I didn't want to show myself up in front of someone so I did my best too!

You can do it - you are the only one in control of what goes in your mouth and the activity your body does. You might have to be a bit 'selfish' at times - prioritising your health - but in the long run you'll have more to give your family in terms of energy and mood, so it's a good investment.
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fantastic read Bean!

My only point to add, from a former binge-eating junk-food-junkie, is for people who feel like they are out of control to take the time to figure out why and what they can do to change how they see and think about food permanently. Getting control over my eating habits has been the most difficult thing I've ever done. It has also been the most empowering and rewarding thing I've ever done.

Bean ROCKS!!! Thank you for posting this. :heart:

I like what Liz had to add, too, as I am also a (former) binge-eating junk food junkie...still working on that behavior being eliminated.

I do not as of yet have complete control, BUT - I am getting better at it every day. Practice makes permanent. AND - when I do slip up, I DO NOT berate myself, make posts in the forums or on my wall about what a f*ckup/loser/fat slob I am. I tell myself, "All right, Dana...you messed up. You're human, it happens. Now start again with your healthy eating habits and go lift something heavy."

So that's what I have to add. ELIMINATE negative self-talk. Again, practice makes permanent. It takes time, but if you stay consistent and "speak to yourself in a positive voice" (thank you, Chalene Johnson), you WILL get there.

And when you mess up and eat a cupcake you don't then use that as an excuse to eat 12 more because you've already blown the day...At least that is my philosophy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Bump. Because the latest People are Sooooo Mean thread is getting all the attention that this thread deserves. You want to do HCG or 800 cals a day? Go ahead. But the Mean Bullies of MFP will still be promoting *kitten* that actually works, is safe, and is sustainable.

At least until they ban us. That is all
  • sian_1989
    sian_1989 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Perfect, just what I needed to read today.

Thank you x
  • mhart72
    mhart72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Love this post! 100% Truth!
  • IMissIceCream
    Options
    I've been running faster, lifting heavier, and eating better than ever...and I've been tossing around the same 5 pounds for a month; I'm only 14 pounds down and about 50 pounds from my UGW. I look at myself and don't see changes (in fact I think...am I getting FATTER??), and I'm frustrated, tired, and pissed.

However: I'm...running faster, lifting heavier, and eating better than ever.

SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME: listen to this woman. I needed to see this SO BADLY today. No fussing with my calories, no dumb cleanses or crazy bull**** restrictions or nonsense. I'mma just keep my head down, keep moving, and get where I'm going.

It's a temporary plateau, or it's another permanent excuse. I know which one I'm going to choose this time.

Thanks, wise lady. You look fabulous! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!