I have never been this happy in my entire life!

Options
I am so freaking happy (okay granted some of it may be the pain pills but most of it is just my life!)

I don't want to make this the worlds longest post but I really wanted to share my happiness with everyone. So here are the highlights:

-I have spent the last 10 years married to a drug addict and taking care of him and not myself, not out of love but out of obligation. I stopped loving him 8 years ago because of how abusive he was (never psychial always emotional and mental. If your called a fat *** enough, funny thing is that you'll turn into one).
-I finally said enough is enough in September and decided to change my life.
-I've lost over 50 pounds since September.
-I have completely fallen in love with my best friend and will be moving on Feb 15th to be closer to him. We've been dating since October.
-My divorce will be final this month. WOOHOO!!! He's still living with me. He has no means to support himself because he refuses to work. So my choices were a 2 year long divorce process to keep supporting him for the waiting period. That waiting period is up February 11th!!
-I have (or had) horrible horrible teeth. I was in constant pain and there were times that suicide was an option because of all the pain. I finally finally put myself first instead of the son to be ex husband, hide away money and had surgery yesterday. I had 14 teeth removed. I can't stop smiling! I feel so much better that the posion is out of my body and I feel amazing when I look in the mirror and see that I have beautiful teeth.
-I also started doing an at home school in September. I will be graduating this month and starting my paralegal carreer.

For the first time ever I am completely happy and looking forward to the future. Deciding to put myself first led me to falling in love, losing weight, falling in love with myself (its still in process lol), and changing my life completely.

I am a whole new girl!

Replies

• donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That's is all a wonderful victory for you.

Get the best out of this life and be happy.

May you always walk on sunshine :smile:
  • DanetteNel
    DanetteNel Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are so strong and so brave!

You are awesome and inspiring!!!

I wish you all the happiness in the universe :flowerforyou:
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lorinda, I am sorry for the stresses and trials you've had to go through to get here.. but it took those stresses to make you stand up and want to fix your life. Congratulations and welcome to the beginning of your new life. The stress made you stronger and now look at you. A new outlook on life, the ability to do something for you, not obligation for someone else and a new career path as well. I wish you more of the good stuff in your life, and I will be right here in your MFP friends list to support you and smile right along with you.
    I am so proud of you!!
  • raederr
    Options
    i am so happy for you. that is wonderful that you put yourself first for a change. they say women especially are the ones to put everyone else before ourselves. i know i grew up believing in J.O.Y. Jesus Others Yourself. but Jesus tells us to love your neighbor as yourself and if you don't love yourself, you can't love your neighbor. i am trying to think about my needs to for a change. keep smiling with your new teeth. congrats!!!!!
  • brwnsuga6
    brwnsuga6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how making one change in your life can inspire you to change your entire life? I wish you continued success in all that you do and all that you could hope, wish and pray to do. I hope that you next step would be to seek God and find your purpose. For all that you have been through,and the patience you have shown, I truly believe God has some work for you to do before you leave this earth. God bless.
  • Letters24You
    Letters24You Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome Story! Get it girl!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, I'm glad you were finally able to realize you deserve more. You'll be happier and healthier for the rest of your life. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking back your life. I wish you every success as it sounds like you deserve it.
    Be happy!

P.S. Post a new picture with your smile to show off your teeth.
  • MissBum
    MissBum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl! How incredible how everything's now falling into place for you. You really deserve it =) Congrats!
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! It is so important to love yourself!
  • jaisaansmommy
    Options
    I am so happy for you. I pray that will continue to see yourself for the beautiful person that you are and seek the best in life, because you deserve it!
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Oh darling! I am so happy for you!
    I wish you all the best... and all the happiness in the world. :flowerforyou:
  • tianti82
    tianti82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for living for you! Wishing you well in everything.
  • quelee
    quelee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING, keep on smiling.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    great story.congratulations on finding yourself and becoming a happier person!
  • catielynchapp
    catielynchapp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh, my, what an amazing story, and you are one amazing girl!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

I am a whole new girl!

Yes you are! Now go forth and conquer!
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reclaiming your life; it takes a ton of strength to do the things you've accomplished :love:
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!! So many positive changes!! It is amazing what we can accomplish when we take care of ourselves!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!