Options
    Bump! I'll give it a try!
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myrnagb1
    Options
    These sound woderful will have to try them soon. Thanks for sharing.
    :flowerforyou:
  • coop220
    Options
    Trying :o)
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • randomgyrl
    randomgyrl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bumpity.
  • lovingmommy_of1
    lovingmommy_of1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Seems like its alot of cheese thats holding it all together.
    hmmm ill have to try em
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy - look forward to trying it!
  • PQ4321
    PQ4321 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    great idea
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuump!!!!
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Bumpster!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Bumpity yum!
  • grayisokay
    Options
    Great idea!
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump! I just discovered cauliflower rice and this pizza looks great!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm here to testify that these are amazing! I made them yesterday for a super bowl party and everyone loved them! One thing to add: the temperature was WAY too high and the time too long. The first batch was burnt on the outside and still goopy on the inside. I ended up with 415 degrees for 12-14 minutes then add the toppings and pop them back in for 2-3 minutes. My oven may be a little quirky, but I would just keep an eye out. Thanks again for the recipe!!
  • ladyjh578
    Options
    thanks for sharing. maybe now i can get my hubby to eat cauliflower ;-)
  • nancilu
    nancilu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I made cauliflower pizza for the first time yesterday. I burnt it a little :( but the parmesan in the crust made the burnt part still tasty.

I guess I followed a slightly different recipe: 1 egg white, 1/2 C cottage cheese, and 2 TBSP parmesan in addition to 1 C cooked riced cauliflower (2 C raw). Baked on a parchment paper (400) for 40 min (about 10 min too long) prior to putting toppings on, then another 5 min. Made a small pizza, perfect for one person. The crust itself was 196 calories, 26 grams of protein. With my toppings the whole thing was 376 calories and yes I ate the whole thing.

Got one tip from another site - after cooking the rice for 8 min, I placed it in a clean dishtowel and squeezed as much excess moisture from it as I could. I also put the egg white and the cottage cheese in the food processor before mixing it in with the rice so there were no curd lumps in the dough.

I thought the crust was tastier than the regular crust I made (from a Betty Crocker mix) for my boyfriend. (He wasn't up to eating experimental cauliflower pizza while watching the Superbowl so he got regular pizza.) It does have kind of a cauliflower aftertaste but if you like cauliflower that's fine, and maybe you wouldn't taste that with all the spices I left out. Otherwise it still has more flavor than a regular crust. You can't tell from the photo but it was just a little chewy, not too crisp except around the edges. It held together perfectly. I'll probably make it again.

This has to be one of the messiest things I've made in a while. I have a small food processor so I had to rice the florets in little batches and there was cauliflower rice everywhere. Easy enough to clean up though.

IMG558-1.jpg
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!!