HELP!!! Need to pull together an outfit... see pics.

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If the belt AND shoes are red, I think those tights would be fun.
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    No on the navy

Patterned tights, but maybe choose a design that complements the belt.

If you wear thigh high boots you could get away with a bare leg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    14334250_130125102048.jpg

the patterned would be like so...

YES. With a leopard belt, it COULD be a bit much... but definitely "pull offable."

PICS PLZ WITH FINISHED ENSEMBLE.
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Would def go with thigh high fish nets with a garter... the navy blue would def throw off the classiness of the outfit same with the printed belt.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Definate no to the navy, it isn't July 4th. The patterned stockings might be OK but probably not the best with the patterened belt. I would say red belt, red shoes, and patterned stockings. Or the leopard belt with tights and boots if it is a more causual affair.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    the leopard belt and red shoes are already enough. stockings can only be nude or some form of black (no line up the back either), both the red and leopard put this outfit in danger of becoming trashy. proceed with caution.

ONE EXCEPTION hot pink or other brightly colored stockings worn ironically with greasy hair and minimal makeup.

p.s. may I humbly refer you to polyvore the fashion website for ideas and to portray the items together?
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options

I agree with this - - I think the patterned tights are great with a LBD to dress it up and the pop of red rocks too. (but NO to navy with black and leopard!!!)
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Do you need stockings? I'd say none, if not.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This looks like my usual work attire

Right now I'm wearing a black dress similar to the one you pictured, and I'm wearing grey/black patterned tights.
    I'd stay away from Navy with black, it sometimes makes the black look washed out

You can never go wrong with black patterned/lacy tights if you have a plane black dress. It would look hot with those shoes!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Navy blue is out of the question.

I would opt for a near opaque tone-on-tone pattern in black, with a low sheen.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Definately not. I would go with none or nude. I personally really dislike the black on black look with bright shoes. I like the separation of natural looking legs...
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Is Navy blue stockings even cool?

Def not with a black dress. Strut the dress and pumps without the stockings.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I would go with plain black tights or nude tights . . . reason being that you have already added color in the shoes and pattern in the belt. If you want to add more interest in the outfit, a big neacklace would look nice with that dress . . .
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    #1 - Navy stockings were said to piss off Sarah.

#2- The belt is REVERSIBLE and Sarah has knocked herself out too many times to recall that I said I could make the belt leopard or red.

#3 - I DO WHAT I WANT!!

X5bSB_zps4bf25d88.gif
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Would def go with thigh high fish nets with a garter... the navy blue would def throw off the classiness of the outfit same with the printed belt.

.....the navy blue would throw off the classiness?....and adding a garter wouldn't?.......
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Is Navy blue stockings even cool?

Def not with a black dress. Strut the dress and pumps without the stockings.
    ^ agree. Can't think of when navy stockings would be cool? maybe on a flight attendant whose whole suit is blue but then that's not really cool, just acceptable.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    No stockings. All natural.
  • corn63
    Options

Are you conceding that I win?
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    No, and no.
    agree. too much!!
  • corn63
    Options
    No stockings. All natural.

Oh child, you have NOT seen my legs. Or transparency of my legs.