Options
    48 years old
    202 lbs
    RHR: 42 bpm

bonus of being a former bicycle racer!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 years old, and my resting heart rate is about 50 right now.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    69 BPM
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Mine is 52 - same as my age.

BTW my Dad was a long-range target rifle shooter who could consciously drop his heart rate at will for short periods. Used to freak the Docs when he dropped it to 20bpm while he was on an ECG.....
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and mine chills in the high 40's low 50's. Running helps...
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
  • jjlibunao
    Options
    It used to be 60, but when I started running long distances, it dropped. Now it ranges consistently from high 40s to low 50s.
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious.
    I'm 45 yrs, 6'-2" and about 222 lbs and since I've become a cardio junkie my RHR has come way down. It's about 39 bpm.
    At first I was worried but the more I read about it, I guess it's a good thing.

What's yours?

Ddude u got atrial fibralation. U need digoxin.

No, just No.
    39 is fine for an athletic man. Call it a-fib at 108bpm, even then you NEED and ECG to diagnose. Don't go tossing crap like that out there like that.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started getting bad health problems a few years ago & my heart got bad. It used to be about 101 - Sometimes I'd end up in the ER & it was often between 140-150.
    I've worked really hard getting my health & heart better the past year & 1/2, & now it's 78. :)
    I'm trying to get it in the 60s at least.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    God damn...mine was 72 when measured at the doctor's two weeks ago, and they said that was perfectly fine...I'm a 41 yo man, 5' 11" 195lbs, fairly active for the past year .
  • autygermom
    autygermom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and mine is 85, but i'm overweight.and have just started exercising again.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    The last time I checked was summer 2012 & it was 60. No idea what it is now.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is between 45-50 bpm...but I am also taking a beta blocker.

There is such a thing as too low. If your resting rate is 39 bpm, you really should talk to your doctor.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Mine's around 60, which is pretty good for a 44 year old :)
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    40 years old, 5'7" and about 230 pounds. between 45-50 bpm. When I weighed 250, about 60-65 bpm.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious.
    I'm 45 yrs, 6'-2" and about 222 lbs and since I've become a cardio junkie my RHR has come way down. It's about 39 bpm.
    At first I was worried but the more I read about it, I guess it's a good thing.

What's yours?

Ddude u got atrial fibralation. U need digoxin.

No, just No.
    39 is fine for an athletic man. Call it a-fib at 108bpm, even then you NEED and ECG to diagnose. Don't go tossing crap like that out there like that.

This. a-fib is a fast, fluttery heart rate, not a slow one. And yes, an EKG is needed to diagnose, along with correct interpretation by a cardiologist.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually in the low 60's- I check it with an iPhone app and only hit 59 once and it was in a boring meeting at work which made me laugh.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    A slow resting heart rate is called bradycardia. It can exist with or without other heart problems. It can be caused by genetics or conditioning through endurance exercise. A few years ago when my RHR started dipping below 30 on a regular basis, a cardiologist prescribed a pacemaker implant. My RHR is now 55 (the pacemaker set point) and my pacemaker is pacing my heart (upper left chamber) with little shocks for about 75% of the times it beats.

I think that the pacemaker has improved my health overall, but I am still not sure about what the long-term implications are of being dependent on a machine for 40, 50, 60 years if I last that long. Getting the pacemaker implanted was easier than learning to live with it. If I do a plank it is so heavy I can feel it sagging (like my belly and other parts of me.) It sometimes is irritating at night, finding a comfortable place where the pacemaker is not noticeable. But my energy level is much closer to normal now. I used to feel faint or just plain exhausted most of the time.

Long story short, if you think your RHR is so low that your low blood flow is interfering with blood flow to body parts (like your brain)... this number may be different for different people... see a cardiologist.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    In my case, i'm definitely a "low-beater" - HrMax is equally low on the scale - even under closely medically supervised and heavily "encouraged" (read your trainer screaming in your ear to keep going!!) the old diesel engine won't rev above the low 170's either.

I've been trying to figure out, over the last 6 months, if that is me or I'm just scared of trying hard. On the road, I couldnt get above 170, ever, but when I took the work indoors in the last couple of weeks, I found that my vision starts to narrow and I have to scream at myself to take the pain but I still can now get upto 175 for a short period. I know the age calc is bollox and its much more inidividual than that but I have to say that when I couldnt get above 170 on the road it affected my training motivation.

Anyone else felt similar? Is there any good testing or reading that anyone can recommend without spending hundreds?