How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options
How many pounds did you lose before you started noticing a change in your body? I'm at 10.. still no change. Measurements haven't even changed.

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 and I still don't see it. I went from 217 at my highest to 184 right now and I don't feel any different. My stomach is still huge. I did lose 2 cup sizes and maybe 1 pant size but thats it. It is so frustrating.
  • Pasukaru2
    Pasukaru2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well so far I've lost 15 pounds and even if I don't see any difference in the mirror, I do FEEL the difference in my clothes. They're way loose than they used to be. I also did take a picture when I started to workout and I'm going to take a picture every 30 days (It's part of the workout program i'm doing) so maybe it'll help me see a difference too :)
  • laurenashleah
    Options
    I lost 11 pounds before I started using myfitness pal about a week and a bit ago. Since then I have lost only three pounds but those three pounds I notice now. I didn't notice the first 11 but now that I'm at 14 I am starting to see, and my boyfriend is starting to see that I look more toned and thinner. I also go to the gym and do cardio almost every day so that might also be a contributing factor.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 so far, and I still don't notice much at all. Maybe a little in my face, but not much elsewhere.
  • SaShmy1022
    SaShmy1022 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Honestly, 35 lbs before I could see it -- thinner fingers, collarbones more defined -- didn't drop a single size until I lost 40 lbs... then it was super quick after that. But maybe I'm just weird. I had a lot to lose, maybe that's why.
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    4lbs so far. I can see my collarbones coming out and could feel a difference when my boyfriend was cuddling me last night.
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This one is so subjective to each person's body. WW once told me that 10 pounds is the equivlent to a dress size. I don't know what dress size they are thinking about but for my body (I am really dense), I have to lose close to 20 before I see a clothing size change. In the past (not there yet this LAST time around), I had lost between 15 - 20 before others started to see a difference. Don't give up because one day all of a sudden, everyone will start commenting on it.
  • determinedt0l0se
    Options
    20 lbs before I noticed
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I usually notice with every 20lbs I lose. I can't really tell at the 10lb mark...but 20 is noticeable.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started noticing slight changes in the mirror and how my clothes fit at about 18-20 lbs. Although I still have days where I feel exactly the same as when I started.
  • missability
    Options
    I have a long way to go, (120 LBS. ish) But I have lost 18 so far and at 15 I noticed my 2XL capris that use to be tight, are loose, and my 1XL I can now shake and skimmy into...but I CAN'T BREATH !!! LOL
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It seems that for the most part, 20 pounds is the number. Thanks! I look forward to reaching that.
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice until I compared my Day 1 and Day 30 photos. THEN I saw the difference. It's hard to tell when you see your body each day and the changes are so slow. I still have a long way to go, but taking pictures once a month helps you see the difference better than just looking in the mirror.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    im at 31 pounds lost. i did notice my clothes start to feel lose around 20. i see it in my face. i have lost a lot of inches in my legs. but i have been doing a TON of cardio.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely difficult to notice changes in myself. Other people started noticing the changes when I lost around 10 pounds. Then I started looking in the mirror to see what they were talking about. I sort of noticed that my arms were thinner. That's about it. Now at 25 pounds lighter, I think that my stomach does look thinner than before, but still it's not as extreme to me as other people make it out to be. My pants size did drop though, but I don't count that as my noticing because I still don't exactly see the difference.

My mom said that I lost a lot of weight in my *kitten*. Maybe that's why I don't notce it on myself since my *kitten* is behind me.
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big you are to start with too. I was 259 and it took me 40lbs to see a difference but when i was 170 every 10lbs you could tell a major difference.
  • AnnaSmith27
    Options
    I think it's really hard to see changes on your own body. Because you see yourself everyday, it's hard to remember what you used to look like. I weighed 248 lbs at my highest, and I only just noticed a change in myself (at 40 pounds down). I'd looked back at a picture of me at my heaviest and I was actually blown away at the difference. At around 30 lbs down, I got compliments from a few people about how much I'd lost, but I just couldn't see any difference in myself until a couple weeks ago. I just recommend constantly taking pictures of your progress and look back at old photos. It's a big confidence booster :) Awesome job losing 10 lbs btw! :drinker:
  • Andrew_peter
    Andrew_peter Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    After 10 lbs or so the belt came in a notch, and I was sure I had less in the chin area. Could just be wishful thinking but I'll take it nonetheless. Scale is not lying for me!!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    ive lost about 55 pounds, and i did not really notice a change until about 30 pounds lost. others started noticing after i lost about 20 pounds, but it took me 30 pounds to really see a difference.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I started here at 232 and honestly I didn't really start to notice big differences until I'd lost over 40 and maybe closer to 50 pounds. But then when I did reach that point suddenly I was noticing new changes every few weeks. And now even a two pound loss makes a difference.

So anyone starting out really obese like I did, hang in there, once you do start to see changes you'll see lots of them and fast!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!