How many pound did you lose before you noticed?

Options

Replies

• waitresschick85
    Options
    I was actually just talking about this to my husband. I have lost 17 lbs. since this time last year and I don't really see a difference in my body. My face looks a little thinner but I still wear the same size. It is definitely different for each person. So don't worry! Maybe in 3 more lbs. you will suddenly start to see it!
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started to notice after about 50 pounds. Everyone else started to notice around 25 pounds.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have lost 53lbs and the only place that I can tell a difference is in my face. I take monthly pics (face, front full body and side full body)...if I look at the 1st full body pic and the current body pic I can see a difference, but I still can't tell a difference when I look in the mirror.

Good luck in your journey!
  • jillmichelle
    jillmichelle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely difficult to notice changes in myself. Other people started noticing the changes when I lost around 10 pounds. Then I started looking in the mirror to see what they were talking about. I sort of noticed that my arms were thinner. That's about it. Now at 25 pounds lighter, I think that my stomach does look thinner than before, but still it's not as extreme to me as other people make it out to be. My pants size did drop though, but I don't count that as my noticing because I still don't exactly see the difference.

My mom said that I lost a lot of weight in my *kitten*. Maybe that's why I don't notce it on myself since my *kitten* is behind me.

Love. It! I'm going to start checking my mirror to see if that's where it's disappearing from!! :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I find it extremely difficult to notice changes in myself. Other people started noticing the changes when I lost around 10 pounds. Then I started looking in the mirror to see what they were talking about. I sort of noticed that my arms were thinner. That's about it. Now at 25 pounds lighter, I think that my stomach does look thinner than before, but still it's not as extreme to me as other people make it out to be. My pants size did drop though, but I don't count that as my noticing because I still don't exactly see the difference.

My mom said that I lost a lot of weight in my *kitten*. Maybe that's why I don't notce it on myself since my *kitten* is behind me.

Love. It! I'm going to start checking my mirror to see if that's where it's disappearing from!! :)

thats funny, cause this last 10 pounds that i lost in january was straight from my butt. my mom said i had to take a picture and put it side by side with my jan 1 butt picture and see the difference for myself. i did, and to my surprise, the entire 10 pounds came from my butt!!! my side by side butt pic is in my profile, its fully clothed!!! lol
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have lost 19 lbs and I cant really see a difference but i put on one of my favorite shirts yesterday and it fits so much better then before. I was so happy.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I lost 26 pounds (from 210 to 183) and still I don't get reactions like `Wow, you lost weight!`

I asked my family if it shows and they said it kinds shows, if they look closely. It's my case too. I know that I have lost from here and there, that I am smaller in `volume` and weight too... but I can't say it shows.

But it might be that people don't say it because they try to be polite.
  • heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds so far and all I can say is I have more energy from exercise, my belt is 1 notch tighter :), and my bras fit lol... it's the little things (I have a goal of losing about 60 lbs)
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    About 50lbs, over a six year span. It was only last night that I realized I don't look the same anymore.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I agree, thinking that 20 is kinda the typical number. My customers made comments about my face looked thinner, for me I noticed less dimples in my thighs. Now if I could just do something about the "soft leftovers" on my belly area :-(
  • Momto4under7
    Momto4under7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah I started at 194 and I'm 5'7. I thought 10 pounds would make a visible difference since I don't have too much to lose, but that's ok. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one and that I will eventually notice.
  • LauraW1219
    LauraW1219 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 pounds and I don't see a change at all. Everyone says you can see it, but I really don't. I was too much of a coward to take before pictures so maybe that was bad on my part. However, I took measurements on Jan 1st and just did my 30 day measurements and I'm down 12.5 inches. Just finished day 6 of the 30 day shred. Hoping in 24 days I can start to tell. Goodluck.
  • johnsongirls
    johnsongirls Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It was about 25 pounds or so when I started to really notice. Two years ago I started at 240 and I went down to 175 then I got pregnant. I was getting frustrated because I thought after 10 pounds I should see some kind of difference but I didn't. At about the 25 pound mark I started to notice, that is when people slowly started to notice to. By the 40 pound mark everyone that knew me was commenting and I could really tell a difference in the mirror and my clothes. Hang in there!
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I noticed after I lost about 50 or 60. For someone my size, I have to lose a lot to actually notice. I still have a long way to go.
  • penneyEmma
    Options
    The theory is that you don't notice it on yourself cause you look at yourself every day. For other people to notice it takes around a stone and a half (21lbs).
    Supposedly it is 10lbs to drop a dress size but I think this is difficult because dress sizes vary so much and if you are judging it on clothes you already own then if you are anything like me then my clothes just go from very tight, to less tight, to fits properly, to loose before I need to change dress size - and that process usually takes more than 10lbs.

I have noticed in the past that suddenly 1 day everyone starts noticing it. I had 1 day in the office last week where everyone just kept saying 'oh have you lost weight' Great motivator. I had a dress on that I hadnt worn before so I attributed it to that more than anything that had suddenly changed.
  • Gracerrr
    Gracerrr Posts: 141
    Options

I've lost some inches, but no pounds.
  • kgal41
    kgal41 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have lost 32 and I still don't see it. I went from 217 at my highest to 184 right now and I don't feel any different. My stomach is still huge. I did lose 2 cup sizes and maybe 1 pant size but thats it. It is so frustrating.
    I know I'm in the minority, but what I wouldn't give to lose a few cup sizes!!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Options
    About 25-30 for me to notice!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I've never been pregnant.
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body! I am 6'1" and I can easily lose 20 and no one notice because my height spreads it out. I only have 35 to loose so I hope I see it before then :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!