5'2" shorty looking to lose 30lbs

Options

Replies

• MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'0"...still need to lose another 10-15 lbs. Please feel free to add me!
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    5'2" , current wt 145, goal 130 and lean look. new to MFP, excited to see very supportive group, for the first time I am feeling like I can do it. Please add and thanks every body for being so supportive.
  • chriswhudson
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories BURNED to lose 1lb. for example:
    if you ate 2800 cal a day x7days = 19600 calories consumed a week
    if you burned 3200 cal a day x 7days = 22,400 calories burned a week
    22,400 -19600=2,800 net burned for the week it's not quite a lb lost but it's .8 lost

How do you know what you burn a day? look up BMR and enter your body data. I know all the pills and stuff the world promotes sound great, none of them work, they only increase the amounts of calories burned a day by small amounts and supress your appetite, but if you don't know your basic calorie intake or your basic burn a day, nothing can help you manage the outcome. I explain this to say that I have lost 45lbs in 6 months and I work out roughly twice a week, but walk 3 miles 3 days a week in the summer............hope this helps.................
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fee free to add me! I am 5'0" and recently lost 67lbs.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2" as well! Lets be buddies :D
  • Mezzta
    Mezzta Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Another 5ft2 here... :D Please feel free to add me and anyone else who wants to :D
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Another shorty here at 5'1. I've lost 23lbs so far and would like like to at least 20-30 more. I'm another one who has lost it before and gained it back but I'm hoping three times a charm. Feel free to add me.
  • AmandaBiggs09
    AmandaBiggs09 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5'2" here and looking to lose 40 lbs...I guess. I'm not really sure what my goal is. I am more so concerned with the way I look opposed to the number on the scale(although I am obsessed with standing on it). If any body could be so kind to point me in the direction of someone who is 5'2" 145 lbs, it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to see how it may look on me (I know body types differ so it may not be accurate).

BTW...I tried to add everyone on here, if I missed you add me :D
  • Willkathmum
    Willkathmum Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'3 and losing slowly since the beginning of the year, feel free to add me
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    5'2" here and looking to lose 40 lbs...I guess. I'm not really sure what my goal is. I am more so concerned with the way I look opposed to the number on the scale(although I am obsessed with standing on it). If any body could be so kind to point me in the direction of someone who is 5'2" 145 lbs, it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to see how it may look on me (I know body types differ so it may not be accurate).

BTW...I tried to add everyone on here, if I missed you add me :D

In my profile pics I have a "Before" and during comparison. I started at 153 and my before picture was 143. How you look at 145 will be different based on body composition. I was not lean at 143 so it looks squishy on me :wink: but with some hard work at the gym and eating better, I'm looking better now even at just a 15 lb difference. You can look lean at 140-145 at 5'2" if you work towards that as a goal!
  • Oakley82
    Options
    Feel free to add me too (anyone!) I'm 5'2 and ultimately looking to get down to 125 with an UGW of 115lbs. :smile:
  • jtmurph7
    Options
    I am 5'1 and looking to loose 26lbs.. I lost 35lbs and still had the hard to loose last 10lbs left but, over the last year I have put around 16lbs back on. So here I am again needing to loose weight. This is the first time I have counted calories so far it is going good. I am always looking for support, food and snack ideas, ways to make going to the gym easier:laugh: anyone is free to add me as a friend.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    5'3" here!

CW: 140
    GW: 120
  • cole_ashleyy
    cole_ashleyy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have about 25ish left to lose... feel free to add me :)
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'2" here too! Still have 13-18 pounds left to lose (depending on wht I want my goal weight to be :P
  • sarrora
    sarrora Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    5'2" as well , lost 30 lbs and working on losing 60 lbs more
    anyone can add me :)
  • jennahiltibran
    Options
    Hey!! I know you can do it :) I'm with ya there girl I have 30 to lose too! Add me:)
  • hakimlau
    Options
    Same here! Down 10 lbs after two months. 20 lbs to go!
  • Allison128
    Allison128 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    HI!!!!

I'm 5'1. I know you are so much taller then me ;) but would you mind being friends with me too?

Us short, cute, little ladies need to stick together!

I'm 5'1 ( I think I'm starting to shrink since turning 30..hehe)
    When I first started MFP- My weight was 157.
    My weight on my wedding day was 128...
    Normal/happy weight is 128-136
    Current weight- 146 =(

I'd like to lose atleast 10lbs...... I'd be happy... BUT my ultimate goal weight is 120lbs
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and new here. I'm looking to lose about 15. I've put on some of that weight working an office job and I am in the process of turning that around! Anyone feel free to add me for more motivation :)