What do you take to work for lunch?

Options

Replies

• oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This lentil soup is pretty tasty with a salad or sandwich of your choice.

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sat Fat Fiber

Oil - Olive, 2 tablespoon 239 0 27 0 4 0

Yellow Onion, 1 (medium) 40 5 0 1 0 2

3 Garlic Clove, (3.0 g) 12 3 0 1 0 0

Spices - Cumin, 1.5 tsp 12 1 1 1 0 0

Chicken Broth, 5.5 cup 83 6 0 11 0 0

Red Lentils, 1 cup (57 g) 600 108 0 44 0 28

Baby Arugula, (6 oz.) 53 8 0 3 0 3

Total: 1039 131 31 63 4 33

Per Serving: (4) 260 33 8 16 1 8

I also like to mix a can of solid white tuna with a whole Haas avocado with a squeeze of fresh lime. My wife and I each take half and use it in a salad.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I usually take a salad with grilled chicken, cottage cheese with peanut butter, and some fruit. Same thing for past 6-8 months..Sigh..lol
  • Msbarnes91
    Msbarnes91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I take Aldi's Fit and Active Stuff sandwiches- Southwest Veggie and baked chips. I only have 30 mins for my lunch break and it 30 mins feel like 2 mins sometime. The sandwich takes 2 mins to heat up and it is tasty. It is a win win situation for me!
  • montanadanni
    montanadanni Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    high protein salad and a Greek yogurt
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Almost always a sandwich, often a salad, and sometimes greek yogurt. Snackythings, fruit, baby carrots, almonds, and sometimes soup. I've done wraps before, cold leftovers....I'm a little limited because I don't use the microwave at work.

In the summer sometimes I bring soup, and I heat it by putting it on my dashboard on break, two hours later it's hot and ready for lunch.. hahahhaa..
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i always strive for 1 protein, 1 veggie, and 1 fruit for lunch everyday. For example, a veggie burger patty, romaine lettuce with salsa for dressing, and an orange/apple/strawberries, etc. Then sometimes I will do just a salad with grilled chicken. Also do sliced cucumbers for easy snacking.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Salad and fruit, and im getting bored of it real fast!

Gonna steal the ideas off this thread.

Bookmarked.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lately I take tuna salad and a couple apples.

My tuna salad:
    1/4 fat free cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon light mayo
    1/2 cup dry old fashioned oatmeal
    Onion powder to taste
    1 can tuna in water

I mix the first four ingreadents together than add the tuna with the water. Mix well. By the time I eat lunch (about 3 hours later) the oatmeal has absorbed all the liquid and the resulting tuna salad is really dense. It's not gourmet, but it keeps me from getting hungry most afternoons.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I take Aldi's Fit and Active Stuff sandwiches- Southwest Veggie and baked chips. I only have 30 mins for my lunch break and it 30 mins feel like 2 mins sometime. The sandwich takes 2 mins to heat up and it is tasty. It is a win win situation for me!

Those Aldi sandwiches are great!!! Just as good, if not better, than Lean Pockets! Especially the price is great!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    chickpea salad (chickpeas and plain greek yogurt instead of mayo with added spices like onion powder, chives, garlic powder etc) on a sandwich flat
    a salad with meatless chicken tenders chickpeas different veggies with chipotle ranch dressing
    oatmeal, mix in applesauce, cinnamon and stevia or mix in chocolate protein powder, or mix in syrup and pb
    veggie soup
    those are the main things, snacks i usually bring a rice cake, fruit (banana, apple, pear), sometimes string cheese or yogurt

or leftovers if i have any
  • mad00had00
    mad00had00 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake
  • cwyneken
    cwyneken Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make roll ups with ham or turkey and use lite Flatouts, which have lots of fiber. I always pack a couple of lite yogurts in case I get the muchies during the work day - mine are only 90 calories. Also, you can sauté a bunch of veggies with tofu or ground turkey - the fiber from the veggies and protein keep me feeling full. I also drink gobs of water.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot so I mainly bring leftovers.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I grill or broil a couple chicken breasts on the weekend and freeze them. I'll chop one up and mix it with a box of Green giant vegetables. Either that or left overs.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I use those Green Giant 2 serving veggie packs for lunch quite a bit. The ones with cheese sauce (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cheese sauce) are great with a can of tuna mixed in. Otherwise I also like the Healthy Weight one with 120g of lean deli ham or turkey breast. I also end up taking smaller portions of leftover dinners or soups.
  • Kynzmomma09
    Kynzmomma09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    tuna with light mayo, 10 unsalted crackers and an apple on certain days, other days i do whole wheat sandwich bread with 45 cal turkey meat and fat free borden cheese with carrots and grape tomatoes instead of chips.. may not be the healthiest but it works for me :)
  • kimberly728
    Options
    i take leftovers quite often, but i really like to make soup on sundays, and take a canister of soup and a side salad with raspberry vinagrette. i make my soups in the crock pot and there are tons of crock pot recipes online...
  • Hamtrish
    Options
    My favorite is a piece of cheese rolled with chicken (deli fresh meat) and a pc of lettuce. I have them cut the deli chicken at 2.5 so it is thicker and can be rolled. Great snack and you can do two for lunch.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I basically work out of my car all day, so I have to pack stuff that's sustainable to sit in a car all day. My typical lunch bag is this:

Ice pack
    Container of soymilk and container of dry cereal for breakfast
    Crackers and peanut butter
    Hummus and pita chips
    Cheese sandwich
    Greek yogurt
    and if I'm still hungry, I keep an Atkins-style bar in my bag.
    In between stores on my route, I'll usually pick up a banana or an apple
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lately it has been a Morningstar veggie burger and a serving or two of veggies. Today I have tuna and celery.