:sad: Getting lbs off

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough.
  • angeturtle25
    Options
    :frown: I am on a 1000 cal daily, I did lose 4 lbs but within 24 hrs it came back & I didn't eat much the next day by the time I weighed myself again,, So why am I not losing this weight,, Been on this diet since Jan 19th 2013 & go Speed walking daily & tummy scrunches 4 times a week.... I'm about 2 give up....
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough.

^^^^^^ this.

Most people here will tell you 1200 calories isn't enough, much less 1000.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough.

This
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    what youngdoc said, you're not eating enough. the 4 pounds you lost initially was most likely water weight.
  • madzzzzzzz
    Options
    Your metabolism isn't fired up because it isnt getting enough energy.. And if your body goes into starvation mode it will hold on to whatever you feed it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    <
    1800+ calories a day, nearly at goal weight, and losing fat and inches, buying new jeans yet again. I'm 44 years old, 5'8" and wearing a size 4 at the moment.

You're not eating enough. Food is fuel - eat too little and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it.

Great info here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Eat more!!!!
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    You are not eating enough food, EAT MORE FOOD. Oh and read this : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • angeturtle25
    Options
    How much do I need 2 eat??? I have a sit down all day job & when I get home I cook dinner for my kid then do laundry then chill for a bit & go speed walking, still isn't helping
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I think you got your answer...eat more!
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 1600+ a day easy. Your body needs probably at least 2k a day, so even at that level you'll be losing weight every day
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    Snap :P
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How much do I need 2 eat??? I have a sit down all day job & when I get home I cook dinner for my kid then do laundry then chill for a bit & go speed walking, still isn't helping

You need to eat 5-6 small meals (300 calories or so) a day. On average at least. Some meals I eat are 500-600, others are 150 (snacks)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Net what MFP tells you when set to lose 1lb per week and go from there....
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    :frown: I am on a 1000 cal daily, I did lose 4 lbs but within 24 hrs it came back & I didn't eat much the next day by the time I weighed myself again,, So why am I not losing this weight,, Been on this diet since Jan 19th 2013 & go Speed walking daily & tummy scrunches 4 times a week.... I'm about 2 give up....

Why did you chose 1000 calories?

You could be losing weight eating more than that - lower isn't always better.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Two of us posted a link to an awesome thread that has the info and tools you need to calculate how much you should be eating, your activity level, goal weight, etc.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wtf are "tummy scrunches". If you're doing "crunches" to lose belly fat your wasting your time.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    <
    1800+ calories a day, nearly at goal weight, and losing fat and inches, buying new jeans yet again. I'm 44 years old, 5'8" and wearing a size 4 at the moment.

You're not eating enough. Food is fuel - eat too little and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it.

Great info here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Beat me to the link. Please read this and take it to heart. You are starving your body and it's not healthy.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    lol, this can't be a serious post...