5'3 - 5'4 and 130lbs to 140lbs

Options

Replies

• ccolorado
    ccolorado Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 but carry all my weight around my middle and if I'm higher than 135 I get the odd person asking if I'm pregnant! So embarrassing! So my goal weight is 125.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am 5'3 and a half and currently weigh 164 lbs, down from 175 lbs. I am undecided on what my GW should be but thinking somewhere between 130 and 140 lbs.
    If any of you are of similar height and within this weight range I would love to see photos, success stories etc so I can get an idea of what that weight may look like on me. I understand that everyone has different shapes and carries weight differently, but it's still fun to share photos and get motivation from other MFP users!

I am nearly 5'3" and my goal was the same as yours...until I got there. Now it is 115 (I am currently 123).
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3". I started at 170 lbs around October of 2010, and started at 159 lbs on this site February of 2012. So far, I've lost 22 lbs total (my ticker only shows the 11 I've lost on this site). My goal is currently set to 140 lbs, but when I get to that weight, I plan on making a new goal of 130-135.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    My goal will probably end up in the 140-150 range. I'm going for a size 6-8ish (it feels bizarre to have that tiny of a size as a goal) with lots of fancy, schmancy muscles. I honestly have no idea what my weight will be at that point, and it doesn't really matter to me.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Here's me right before I started my weight loss journey in July 2011 (at my heaviest 214 lbs. and a size 18):

BeforeJune2011.jpg]

This is me now, in January 2013, and 90lbs. less (at my lowest 124 lbs. and a size 2 or 4):

lookbook.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'4" and my gw is 135 (maybe 130) . I've been smaller and didn't much care for it; mostly because I carry a lot of my weight in my bust (38DD right now at 158) so when I'm 'small' I feel like my body looks funny.
  • TaylorFriend
    TaylorFriend Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 1/2.
    Heaviest Now: 165
    Goal Weight: 115-120

I'm literally told all the time I'm built similiar to Jennifer Lopez (obviously bigger version now, lol!) I carry ALL my weight down below. I'm a size 8/10 up top right now, with a 14/15 jean size. When I get down to 135, which is my average that I get down to, I'll get down to a 6 up top, and a 8 on bottom. As you can see, I go down a significant amount in pants size! You really can't base your whole ideal weight loss off of sizes that's for sure! :]
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'3. Heaviest was 160 and I'm correctly 117. My profile pic shows a difference between me at 145 and then at 120. Feel free to add me if you'd like! That goes for anyone :)
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'4.

My starting weight was 168
    My current weight is 145.5
    My goal weight is 130.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and about 125-130 ( I seem to fluctuate between the two)
  • JosieJo2000
    JosieJo2000 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and my goal weight was 120lb, then I got there and decided to shoot for 115lb and toned which looks better on me. At 120lb I had a pretty high fat %. When I was training for triathlons I got to 108lbs and it wasn't a good look.

I second the comment to go to mybodygallery.com. You can enter in your height and different weights and see photos of people at those weights. There is a big difference depending on frame size, body shape and how much muscle they have. Worth a look!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"
    SW: 154.4 (size 14)
    CW: 113 (size 5/6)

I'm pear shaped and very small framed (fingers overlap around my wrists), but I tend to be hippy (3 kids).

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg
  • KLL1985
    KLL1985 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    All of you guys have done AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration. I think my first goal will be to get to around 135 lbs and from there in to the mid 120s!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I am 5'3 and a half and currently weigh 164 lbs, down from 175 lbs. I am undecided on what my GW should be but thinking somewhere between 130 and 140 lbs.
    If any of you are of similar height and within this weight range I would love to see photos, success stories etc so I can get an idea of what that weight may look like on me. I understand that everyone has different shapes and carries weight differently, but it's still fun to share photos and get motivation from other MFP users!

get your body fat percentage measured, then you can calculate what your goal weight should be from that. Choose what body fat percentage you'd prefer (you can get pictures online of what women look like at different body fat percentages) and then you can use maths to calculate how many lbs of fat you need to lose to get there.

people have different frame sizes, so what a large framed 5'3" person looks like at 140lb is very different to what a small framed 5'3" person looks like at the same weight, because the small framed person would be carrying a lot more fat (i.e. higher body fat percentage) at the same weight. You can't easily measure frame size, you can estimate it but they don't work for everyone. However getting your body fat percentage measured a reliable way (e.g. with callipers by someone who knows what they're doing) is a good way to see how much actual fat you are carrying, and how much you need to lose to look the way you want to look. The healthy range for body fat percentage is the same regardless of height and frame size. It varies a little by age, and also by gender (i.e. use charts that show ideal body fat percentages for women your age).
  • emmygrems
    emmygrems Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    5'5 but my goal weight is the same!!! Feel free to add me people :)
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    I am between 5.4-5.5 and CW is 165 .... GW is 130 lbs with a toned body :) aiming to get it in 6 months and hope i will do this time :)
  • shella_bella
    Options
    I am 5'4" currently weigh 140lbs and my goal is 118lbs.

Anyone with open diaries feel free to add (but please include a message saying this is the thread you found me on or whatever)

:smile:
  • JessTheApple
    Options
    I started at 201, I'm 5'4, currently, I am 176.6, and my goal weight is 137. :)
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<
    My profile pic is me at 135. I'm 5'3. I tried for years to get below 120- until about 6 months ago when I saw the light and am finally starting to focus on body composition and clean eating rather than the scale.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I weighed 170 pounds when I started the diet. Last year I lost down to 158 by dieting and exercising on the Bowflex Treadclimber 120. I gained 3 or 4 pounds in December and joined MyFitnessPal in January, 2013. I have lost down to 159. My goal weight is 135-140. :)

No pictures yet
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!