PEANUT BUTTER AND CALORIES?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    random PB tip: PB2 (http://www.bellplantation.com/) is a low cal PB alternative that [in my opinion] tastes like crap when mixed with water, as is suggested on the container. HOWEVER, I find that when I mix it with a little bit of plain Greek yogurt, it totally does the trick in getting me my PB fix.

Source: PB addict

made a PB2 and jelly sandwich tonight. Mixed PB2 into Strawberry Polaner All Fruit. Toss it on bread. Instant ermagerd.
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    :heart: PB2!
  • msforst23
    msforst23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ohhh mixing it INTO the jelly?! You're brilliant! I will have to try that, thanks!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    51jUWvt6NPL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

LOVE
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Apples are negative calories according to some people too, so you've got a double negative going there. You may have to eat some calories back just to make up for the hyooge deficit you'll be creating!

Awesome! I'm going to throw some chocolate sauce on top for good measure.
  • flicka11
    flicka11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Never heard that BUT, there's this stuff, called PB2. Now, its real peanut butter, just not with the oil in it, so its like a powder. You add water to your "powder" and voila, peanut butter!!!! Now, I love my Peter Pan, but I gotta tell ya, this stuff tastes really really good, you wont miss the calories, promise!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I prefer my peanut butter sexy/hott.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Never heard that BUT, there's this stuff, called PB2. Now, its real peanut butter, just not with the oil in it, so its like a powder. You add water to your "powder" and voila, peanut butter!!!! Now, I love my Peter Pan, but I gotta tell ya, this stuff tastes really really good, you wont miss the calories, promise!

I think it's gross and tastes like peanut butter flavored dirt.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    It is true. I'm on the peanut butter diet, so I eat nothing but peanut butter. I've lost 10 pounds in just a week!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan either. Haven't tried mixing it into anything to see if it's any better, but straight off the spoon it certainly ain't peanut butter.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    No.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

it's butt-tastic by itself.
    I've had okay luck with it as noted before, mixed in jelly directly, or added into protein shakes, but there is absolutely no way that it's a viable substitute for real peanut butter.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Yep. Give me good old Jif.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Yep. Give me good old Jif.
    My thing lately has been PB&J's with Jalapeno jam. Awesome!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I have heard that when you eat peanut butter, your stomach has to work hard to digest it, therefore you burn a large amount of calories. Is this true?
    If anything whole nuts would be harder to digest and some calories/material and fat would pass through stool.. Peanut butter would have higher physiologic energy basically.
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Ditto!! I love Peanut Butter too!
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    PB2 may not be be the best but it is really good in protein shakes or smoothies.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you lose the heart benefits of the peanut butter by removing the good fat that lowers triglycerides (like what they do to make PB2)?

Wouldn't a lot of people just be spending the calories later on a Skinny Cow or something? I guess I'm just saying don't overlook the nutritional boost of real peanut butter.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Peter+Pan+Peanut+Butter.+Tinkerbell+likes+it_e42bb0_4331450.gif
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    I have heard that when you eat peanut butter, your stomach has to work hard to digest it, therefore you burn a large amount of calories. Is this true?
    If anything whole nuts would be harder to digest and some calories/material and fat would pass through stool.. Peanut butter would have higher physiologic energy basically.
    Peanut butter is mostly fat, and fat has the lowest TEF of all macronutrients - around 2% IIRC. The protein component gives a little bump in TEF, but I certainly wouldn't go anywhere near calling peanut butter a thermogenic enhancer or anything of the sort.