Jokes about your weight at work

Options

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    {{{Hug}}} Really don't sweat this! These women are at best immature, poisonous and best avoided I'd say!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My response would have been "Really? She told me you have b.o.!" Then shrug and walk away knowing that for the rest of the day they'll be consciously trying to get a whiff of themselves.

^That. Also, regardless if who said it, they sound like bit€hes to me. I'd steer clear.
  • rmw10c
    rmw10c Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Some people don't know how to be anything but hateful. And as someone else stated, maybe they've noticed your weight loss and are jealous...and when people are jealous sometimes the only way they know how to respond is making fun of whatever they're jealous of. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about their thought processes. As the anonymous quote goes, "Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often."
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at?

I'm so fat, when I go out on my run people must assume its to Dunkin Doughnuts.

HAHAH. I got a million.

Went to the gym, someone put there lunch in front of my treadmill. Said it would help motivate me because there was Oreos in there.

Many overweight people make themselves the butt of their own jokes..but truly they are hurting inside. You deserve to be treated better and please treat yourself better.

And many more can have both a sense of humor *and* a healthy self-esteem.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    ^^ most funny people are hurting inside.
  • susantrigg18
    Options
    Once a woman said to me that i was fat...(well at 297 pounds at the time it didn't take a genius to work that out!)

Anyway, my response to her comment was "yes, but I can lose weight, what can you do about your face?"
    Funnily enough, i never heard another weight related comment come out of her mouth.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    thats workplace harrassment... Report it... let em seek employment with skinny folks after they are fired
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    well love, at least you can LOSE weight but they can NEVER lose ugly! **SNAP**
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    well love, at least you can LOSE weight but they can NEVER lose ugly! **SNAP**

I' ve been the butt of "You're fat AND ugly" jokes My reply was

"Well I can lose weight and get plastic surgery, but you are stuffed aren't you? I don't believe they invented a personality transplant yet"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at?

I'm so fat, when I go out on my run people must assume its to Dunkin Doughnuts.

HAHAH. I got a million.

Went to the gym, someone put there lunch in front of my treadmill. Said it would help motivate me because there was Oreos in there.

Many overweight people make themselves the butt of their own jokes..but truly they are hurting inside. You deserve to be treated better and please treat yourself better.

And many more can have both a sense of humor *and* a healthy self-esteem.

Hear hear, I rag on myself about my weight alot. I'm pretty ok on the inside, as far as I'm aware.
  • sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i went to a party in December and a guy went to my partner and asked if Miss Piggy (me) is his girlfriend. Although i laughed it off, it killed me inside and lost all my confidence since.
  • princessdracos
    princessdracos Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i went to a party in December and a guy went to my partner and asked if Miss Piggy (me) is his girlfriend. Although i laughed it off, it killed me inside and lost all my confidence since.
    Wow, what a jerk! I agree with whoever said funny people are hurting inside. That describes me well! But I am also a smartass, so I'm sure I would've made a nasty remark in response...in both situations. I'm fat AND feisty, but I have horrible self esteem. And I have no idea what my point is. I'd like to share something motivational, but what it all boils down to is some people are total asshats. Keep on keepin' on!
  • huanu
    huanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Report them to your boss! Then see how funny they think it is to bully coworkers!!
  • sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thanks :). Trouble was my bf didnt want me to stir things up coz the guy taht called me Miss Piggy was drunk and didnt want any trouble. Anyways... will keep on dieting so next time i see that guy i'll prove i can change by losing weight but he need a brain transplant :D
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Unfortuantely some people are just @$$'s we can always lose weight, but you can't change stupid!!!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    "But I am thinking either this woman said it and the other two ladies were enjoying telling me or it was something the two ladies wanted to say to me but using her name. Could it be because they have noticed I have lost weight and they are trying to make me feel bad or because they noticed and are making a joke in an amused way about it. I do know that they hate their jobs so spend too much time joking around these days. "

Why didn't you ask them?
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Not worth your time.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    you should just tell them to suck it...

personally I think it is jealousy, they hate seeing someone suceed where they have failed.

not worth your time.

:flowerforyou:
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They are negative Vampires
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are trying to say you are fat. I don't think many people are that directly mean spirited. I think they are trying to say it's so funny that XXX would think you are fat.