WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2013

Options

Replies

• Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Katla - hugs for you. Time is a marvelous healer and I wish both of you well and will add you to my prayer list.

Is WOE - way of eating?

Thanks for your input on my homeless topic.

Gail, metro Atlanta
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thank you for kind words and good wishes. Your prayers are appreciated. With luck, I'll be bringing him home tomorrow. Barbie, I'm so glad your DH had a good outcome. I'm praying for the same for my guy. He has had the most positive attitude. That helps.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Jodi - since yoga and pilates are quite closely related, do you know of any good pilates DVDs. Actually, does anyone?

My goal will be to increase my protein and hopefull meet my MFP goals.

Lynn Maile - how cool that you live in Hawaii. I've always wanted to ask someone who lived there, now I can. When we change our clocks, does Hawaii? What kind of music is it? Welcome!

Freshstart - welcome! Which thread did you join that encourages exercise? I'm always on the lookout for different exercises, I would probably check it out

DeeDee - isn't it pathetically cold for NC? I just read on Yahoo news that an early spring is predicted. Sounds good to me.

kew - welcome! Where are you going on your cruise. And more importantly...can I come??????

determined - you contribute greatly to this board just by coming in and posting. We love to hear from you.

Did an hour of the training games on the Wii today (Sun). Tomorrow I'll do some yoga at home and then take the extremepump class.

I'm supposed to go for my annual infusion of Reclast (osteoporosis med) tomorrow. Last year and this year, there have just been so so many problems, my doctor thinks Prolina is better. If the process of getting it isn't nearly as complicated, maybe I'd consider it.

Don't ask me to explain it, but today I have the runs big time. So...I'm going to try to get in as much fiber as I can. Actually, I read that fiber helps you to lose weight. Maybe that stupid Wii guy will say something other than "that's overweight"...but I doubt it.

nonnicee - I'm right off 40, but you get onto 40 further west. Oh well....I tried. Safe travels, I'll be thinking of you. It's sunny here in NC, so hopefully it won't snow too much by you.

We have a Pur water filter. My recommendation -- if you're thinking about getting one, don't get a Pur. For the longest time water would squirt out the side, there's even a uTube video of this happening. Evidentally, it happens to a lot of people. We're going to be getting another one. Also, from what we've read, the Pur now has a different design...and it is only worse.

debratomlin - nuts are good for you and can be calorie dense

Judy - I don't care for football, either. As a matter of fact, I don't know the difference between offense and defense. But seeing those guys in the tight pants running up and down the field...now THAT'S for me....lol

Cheryl from Iowa - welcome! Hey, you're successful even if you haven't lost weight, at least you haven't gained, and that's a big plus. Stop in often

Ann - sometimes we really surprise ourselves. I know what you mean

DebA - hope you feel better real fast. I haven't had spaghetti in a while now and the other day I had a bite of Vince's . It tasted so very bland to me. I really like the shirataki noodles, tho

L.R. in SC - congrats on the loss!

When I got to church last night, I was in for a shock. I didn't know it, don't know how I missed this, but I was supposed to lector. I honestly didn't realize it and got to church about a minute or two late. So I hurried up, reviewed the readings, and did them. Boy, did I screw up big time! Oh well, we all mess up.

Liz - good idea to bring a veggie tray with you to the game. Just don't have too many of the almonds., but that's certainly a better choice than the nachos

Lisa in Ohio - welcome!

Deb - I am constantly amazed how much I can have and how full I get, yet not have that many calories when I eat lots of veggies. Welcome!

jane - prayers for your gf

Welcome everyone new. You'll love it here

mouth - oh, I can hardly imagine how mom and dad are feeling having to leave their child in the hospital. But it'll be so worth it when they finally bring that bundle home. Glad you're there to help them.

Lisa from NC - which part of NC are you in? There are a few of us from NC here. Hope you're close to me, then we can get together. I'm near Hickory

jane in CO - I never got roller blades, either. It was quads for me all the way

Well, I feel much better tonight. Those two bran muffins that I had probably bulked me up. I usually don't have two, but did today.

Mary from TN - I know this sounds really, really dumb, but I have a pinterest account but honestly don't know how to use it!

Rori - the 49ers made some comeback, I must say

katla - I'm so so sorry to read about your dh. Glad you got him to the hospital. My prayers are with you

dlbalogh - welcome! Any little loss, regardless of how little, is great.

dianafrance - welcome! You'll love France. Even tho (to me) they have the best food (especially those baguettes) the portion sizes of meals aren't rediculous like in the US. I wasn't so crazy about England, tho

Off to bed now. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    There's a naked man on our forum :blushing:

I can't possibly read all these posts. Barbie, I don't know what you're doing but anything with "cleanse" in it doesn't sound inviting. Makes me think of the things I have to do to have a colonoscopy - which definitely cleanses :tongue:

Jane, did you have lunch with Laura? I want to meet someone on here.

Hi Dee Dee.:smile:

Exermom - good for you and the M&Ms. I do that with the candy dish at work, but I sure can't pass up the chocolate chip cookies lately. Today I had 600 calories of chocolate covered soy beans. Talk about a waste of calories.

I really need to get back on track. It's been all downhill since the holidays. I survived the holidays but I don't know what happened to me.

Anyway, took my mother-in-law to a play today and had a snack at the theatre. I ordered an artichoke, spinach and feta flatbread. It was amazing!!! I will have it again. Well, it's after 11 and I need to go to bed. I have enough trouble sleeping without going to bed this late. Oh, I had a sleep study done on Friday night and when I posted the picture of me hooked up to all the wires on facebook, a few people messaged me about having lost weight. I look horrid in the photo but will take the compliment anyway. Don't know if you can see my facebook, but this is the picture http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200500390260040&set=a.4362792115745.185714.1466106219&type=1&theater
  • determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I wish I had the time to read all the posts.............but read as much as I can at one sitting. Have a great Monday!
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I am so ready for spring:glasses: !!!! I`m getting really tired of having to bundle up for my morning walks, even with my gloves on my hands freeze:sad: ! My training starts today, we`ll be walking and running 1.5 miles, then doing some core work. I hope I`ll be able to walk tomorrow! I also have a dentist appt. right after the training, they may have to help me out of the chair:laugh: . It will be good to have sparklely clean teeth though:bigsmile: . I didn`t watch the Superbowl last night, but I did watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet, those little puppies were absolutely adorable:love: , they had hegehogs for cheerleaders, hamsters in the blimp, and a kitty halftime show...too cute!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday...start the week off with a smile:bigsmile: !!!
    Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee:bigsmile:
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Read all the post. But Monday is the day I do my care giving int he morning so no time to take notes. But did come get my Vit.F. To those who had a great food and exercise weekend congrats.
    For you and me who didn't lets get back with it. We can do this. The little harm done over the weekend can be undone in a few days. So let's be good.

Barbie
    Bread a domino food.

Jane
    I didn't weigh again this morning only because my weekend wasn't the best and I don't want to see a gain.
    Just going to punch in a good day and hope tomorrow will show something because it's weigh in for here.
    I will not lie if I gain I gain mind you won't like it. But who am I lying to if I don't put where i'm at.

Katla
    Bull headed men. I have one of those.

Well time to get dressed and out of here. Lots done already and it's only 7:30. Showed, breakfast, did the washroom. Filled the dishwasher. So far a very good day.

See you lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario.
  • weffie11
    Options
    I've just downloaded a concept 2 training plan and thinking of joining RowPro so you can race against people online!!
  • junenez
    Options
    I am 52 and tired of being overweight. 7 years ago I lost most of weight and kept it off for 2 years but I let 50 slowly slip back on. My goal is to lose 60 pounds and I have lost some but find it hard to keep tracking. I know if I don't track, I don't lose. Suggestions?
  • CIBBIELOUK
    Options
    Hi Laura, I too am from Ohio. We live in the Akron area. I had bariatric surgery the 10th of January. I feel great. I have lost, since surgery, about 5 lbs a week. plus what I lost before from Sept to the first of the year. I find the food menu and breakdown of the food is very helpful to me, since I have to get in as many proteins in all day long. I will be 71 this April.
  • MTGWW
    MTGWW Posts: 34
    Options
    Super Bowl Sunday was a bit of a disaster for me. Totally fell off the wagon. It started with a Wallaby Darned drink at Outback. Ordered it before I knew it was 500 cals. Later in the day, feeling like the day was a loss, and not wanting to exercise, I indulged in chocolate chip cookies and wings. Such a healthy combination. Oh mercy. I need to cleanse and recommit. However my girlfriend comes in from Maine today, and we head off for 3 days of photography and snowshoeing. Not the best situation for me. Wish me luck.

Karen from Mi.
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread this morning. Caught my eye because I'm officially 50 tomorrow! Great thread--will read more of it later.:happy:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Today is my last day off so since such a busy day with family and friends today is for sure catch up day. Lots of chores to do to get ready for the work week to come. But with all the chores for sure will make my way to the Y.

I have been taking a couple of hours or so to prep and prepare food for the week. Putting it to store in freezers till use but last week got so ahead that I can take a break this week from it.

@Karla so sorry to hear about your husband. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

I need to take the dog out. Will be back in a bit.
  • nanasorchid52
    Options
    Hi !

My name is Jo and I live in the UK. Just looking to lose a few pounds to regain my goal weight after losing 35 lbs. in 2007. Definitely meet the 50 +. Aged 60 and proud of it!:smile:

Only just joined so my goals for Feb are :

1 Continue to eat well and maintain my weight
    2 From today average 10,000 steps a day
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Enjoying my morning with my sweet daughter and her boyfriend who surprised us last night with a visit from school to watch the super bowl game with us. It's especially nice to relax with them since I'm substitute teaching the next two days.

Finished up my liquid detox and have slowly reintroduced sensible, healthy foods. Oh how I love food!

Katia, how scary for you and your husband. I'm glad he's recovering well. My DH had blood clots a few years ago... "in the moment" I actually didn't realize how serious it was. How thankful I am for good health and loved ones still with us.

Have a great day everyone!

Tammy from Virginia Beach
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Super Bowl Sunday was a bit of a disaster for me. Totally fell off the wagon. It started with a Wallaby Darned drink at Outback. Ordered it before I knew it was 500 cals. Later in the day, feeling like the day was a loss, and not wanting to exercise, I indulged in chocolate chip cookies and wings. Such a healthy combination. Oh mercy. I need to cleanse and recommit. However my girlfriend comes in from Maine today, and we head off for 3 days of photography and snowshoeing. Not the best situation for me. Wish me luck.

Karen from Mi.

Karen, snowshoeing burns a boatload of calories! I drive four hours to the Catskills to spend a weekend snowshoeing. I've had days like you did yesterday. I just watch myself extra carefully the next day or two, and I get right back where I was. Don't be hard on yourself; it's not about denying every temptation all of the time.

Jackie in Cherry Hill outside of Philly
  • dlbalogh54
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I"m so happy to have found this group. My daughter does her best to keep me motivated but I welcome all the help I can get.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Another Cheryl?? Oh no!!! I'll have to be Cheryl from N. of Chicago now!!

If anyone lives in my area my family and I will be on the channl 7 (ABC) news tonight - look for us :wink:
  • L_Thomas
    Options
    Good morning ladies! :smile: I hope everyone's week is beginning well, and that we are all motivated to stay on track to a healthier version of ourselves. It's cold and snowy here in northeast Ohio again.......sure am looking forward to that early spring that "Phil" promises.

Cheryl: Pictures don't lie, so you must be doing something right. :happy: I don't live near you, so give it up......why are you and the fam going to be on the local news? inquiring minds want to know. LOL

DeeDee: good morning to you too! I know what you mean about bundling up and your hands still being cold. I drive a school bus, and when I do my pre-trip inspection, my hands used to freeze. I have found that by wearing a pair of inexpensive "stretchy" gloves (you know, the kind they sell at dollar stores, etc.) under my lined leather gloves, I actually stay pretty comfortable. Still, I am ready for warmer weather and the chance to be outside more.

Linda: Hi!! I love your attitude about getting back on track after a day (or days) of not doing so well......I must ask......what exactly does "Vit.F." mean?

Karen: 3 days of photography and snowshoeing with a friends sounds like loads of fun,and snowshoeing will help burn off any extra calories you consume. Enjoy your time with your friend, and be kind to yourself. :smile:

Jo: Hi! Welcome!!! I am new here as well, so we can get acquainted with everyone together!

Tammy: Those surprise visits sure are a treasure, aren't they?!? Glad you are enjoying your time together. Have a wonderful day!

As for me, my goals for today are:

To get all of my water in.......I was short 1 glassful yesterday
    To get in some form of physical activity before the day is over
    To spend at least 30 minutes reading and studying my Bible

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Hugs from Ohio,

Lisa
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning, ladies,

Well, I made sure to get healthy snacks for Super Bowl, but did I control myself? :devil: Why, NO! There were just too many goodies for me to handle, and I ate WAY more than my share...chicken nuggets, chips & dips, dumplings, cheese, pepperoni & crackers, cookies, and more... :embarassed: Didn't even bother to count calories, so just quick added 1500 calories to my day (who knows, could have been more). In the past, this would have totally made me give up and go on a binge, but today I am back to eating healthy and logging my food. Thanks to MFP and all my friends here for helping me to make this positive change.

:heart: Barbie - Thanks so much for giving us this forum and for those great quotes, especially the one about why people fail. I really needed to read that today!

:flowerforyou: Jane & Laura - So cool that you guys got together. Kind of gives new meaning to the phrase "Vitamin F".

:smile: DeeDee - I've gotten some good fitness wear at the Sports Authority.

:laugh: Moxie - Good one! LOL!!!

:sad: Judy - Sorry about your Niners.

:mad: Deb - I have the same problem with carbs. MFP has really helped me to see what I am putting into my body & even when I over-indulge, logging helps me to get back on track.

:brokenheart: Mouth - Praying that your little one gets out of NICU and home with mommy & daddy soon.

:grumble: Deb - The scale sometimes has a mind of its own. Give it some time...it will catch up.

:happy: Ohio Mom - There is so much to see in DC. We went there last fall for a couple of days and did so much walking that I got blisters. It was totally worth it! We got to see all of the monuments and most of the museums, and are still hoping to get back there soon.

:flowerforyou: Katla - My thoughts are with you as you bring DH home. A positive attitude goes a long way toward the healing process.

:love: To all newcomers - Welcome & keep coming back for Vitamin F!

Have a wonderful day,

Hugs,
    Lucy in Delaware:bigsmile: