WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2013

2997155u3k3wcggrl.gif

:flowerforyou: Welcome to a supportive and encouraging community of women. The title says women ages 50+ but all women are welcome.

:flowerforyou: Whether you’ve been part of this community before or you just found us, I hope you will join us on our journey.

:flowerforyou: Most of us make resolutions or goals for the month.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for January? What do you have planned for February?

:flowerforyou: I found that taking baby steps and keeping track of my progress helped me a lot.

:bigsmile: I’m excited about the new month and look forward to hearing from all of you….consider signing your name and geographical location when you post.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for January (with end of the month comments)
*Be agreeable----say OK (not 100% but, when followed, made my life much happier)
* Yoga once a week (added some yoga stretches to my day but not the formal program I envisioned)
*Walk with hubby once a week (a bad idea to make a resolution that included someone else)
*Weight training three times a week (eleven times in 31 days, very good)

Resolutions for February
*Add more yoga stretches to each day
*Weight training three times a week
*Act the way I want to feel
*Put half ounce of walnuts in morning shake
1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

Replies

• RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    to my Vitamin F friends, a quote from Leo F. Buscaglia:

“Love yourself—accept yourself—forgive yourself—and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.”

Could not do this without you all.

:heart: Renny
  • I am Mary and I am in the middle part of Tennessee. I got started late in January so I wasn't in on the resolution part of the month so I will make a resolution for February...I resolve to walk more steps. My average has been around 5000 steps per day. I want to get that up to 10,000 steps per day consistently. I have my Fitbit that will help me keep track.

I am looking forward to becoming better acquainted with my new Vitamin F friends.

I am visiting my daughter and her family in Virginia this weekend. I need to be aware of any foods I eat and continue to stay on my eating plan.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Bump so that this thread will show in the morning when I actually have a working brain.

Sleepy Katla in NW Oregon
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :flowerforyou: Bump for later
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Happy February my lovelies

I'm off to visit my aunts and uncle this weekend with my DD and the grandtwins - should be a fun weekend. My mum's siblings are all in their sixties and I don't get to see them very often. My dad is really mad that he hasn't been invited, but there really isn't room in the car for him - it's going to be a squeeze anyway with the baby seats in the back. Of course that doesn't stop me from feeling guilty about not taking him with us.

Anyway my friends, I'm going to go for a big old stomp now to make up for sitting in the car for a few hours.

Have a fab Feb!

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • Did the Dryathlon for January - yay!
    Also signed up to run Women's 10K in Glasgow (May) so training now (joined local running group).
    Yoga as usual.
    Borrowed rowing machine for in between days...not done as much of that as I thought yet.

February...keep going!
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Good morning all! It has been another crazy two weeks at work and not been able to post as much as I would like to, but have been reading all posts. Everyone is so busy!

I did not do as well as with my goals as I would have liked. Am rethinking this month's goals. Will post them later today.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Deb A from CNY
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Baby steps and reasonable attainable goals. And I refuse to do new years resolutions.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:
    Happy February!!!!

I can`t remember the goals I had for January except to laugh everyday, I did accomplish that:bigsmile: ! I`ll have to go back and see what I wrote down and see if I managed to make them all!

I do want to share I had my official weigh in yesterday, I`m still fighting those dreaded 3 pounds (I`m grateful it`s only 3 pounds), I did however lose 2 inches through my hips and 1/2 inch through my calves:bigsmile: ! So while the scale may not be nice to me at the moment (3 months now), my body is responding to moving more, I`ve lost inches every month, that is a victory!!!! So for any of you struggling with the dreaded scale, remember that`s not the only way to measure your success, are you losing inches, are you feeling better, have more energy, moving more, keep it up your body will thank you for it! The scale will eventually catch up and when it does I`ll be doing a big happy dance, for now I will be doing a little happy dance, thanking my body for shedding those inches!!! It`s losing those inches that make you look better!!!!

Barbie:smile: Thank you for keeping this thread going:flowerforyou: ! I so appreciate this great group of women! It`s nice to come in here and get a big dose of Vit. F every morning!

I will be back later today to state my goals for Feb.!

Have a wonderful day ladies!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in NC where it is cold and still windy!
  • lentigogirl
    lentigogirl Posts: 299 Member
    February goals:
    1. initiate monthly weigh-in today to recalibrate the "only post weight when I lose" failure to allow for holiday amocks
    2. go over calorie allotment no more than once a week
    3. continue hooping
    4. move towards pre-holiday weight
    5. be kind, including to myself

Didn't go back to January's; the only goal I'm sure I didn't reach was pre-holiday weight.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,075 Member
    Saving my place !
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Good Morning,

February already. I did take time to catchup on all of the posts.

Not. Sure of my goals were for January but the same to become and be healthy physically and mentally .

Work has become very busy lately lord of extra paperwork.

February goals

Log my food plan each day at the start and follow it.
    workout treadmill or bike 4 x a week.
    Swim 2 x a week
    Eat a salad once a day.
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Continue my grateful lists each night before bed. Great way to drift off to sleep thinking about the positive in my life not the negative.
    Be kind including to myself.

@lentigogirl like your goals but really like number 5. Be kind, including to myself. That is great. I am going to burrow that one and add it to my goals.

That's it for now need to get ready for work. Wishing everyone a good day.

Liz from Caldwell Idaho
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    February - thank you, Barbie, for starting us up again!

Here are my January results -- only half the weight sessions, but the majority of the pounds lifted; half the visits/time for cardio. Aiming for better results for February.

Weight sessions: Goal 16 Actual 9
    Total weights: Goal 166,667 Actual 137,200
    Cardio sessions: Goal 24 Actual 12
    Cardio time: Goal 16 hrs Actual 8 hrs

Everyone have a great day!

Gail, metro Atlanta

well, I tried to edit to get columns of info, but the lines revert to run-on sentences. Sorry about that.

Oh - no weight change...
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Morning ladies!

I have not posted in a while but do read the journal entries daily. January was a rocky month for me. I hope to get back on track in February. I will review my goals and post new ones later. Wanted to mark my spot. Thanks for providing my daily dose of Vitamin F. I am inspired by everyone!

Take care,
    Carolyn
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Likewise haven't been keeping up on this thread. After a 2 wk chest cold, I'm finally back logging food. After a 3 week inversion when the temps never got out of the teens, the ice is finally thawing and I can lunchwalk.

Going to carry January goals into February.

Hugs,

animal-emoticon-0064.gif
    Barbara, the SW Idaho AHMOD of the healthier waist in 2013.

2013: Focus on the important stuff
    January+February: Log, move and listen!
  • wants2cruise
    wants2cruise Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning! This is my first forum post on here although I've been tracking calories and exercise on here for a month. I'm Vicky from North Carolina. I am an instructional facilitator at a K-5 elementary school. I'm looking forward to a cruise over spring break and working hard to try to be able to walk easier and be able to enjoy myself on the cruise. I set a short term goal of 40 pounds to lose before the cruise, but I've been doing so well I just upped it to 50.

My goals for February:
    Log my food daily and stay under calorie goal
    For family beach mini vacation Feb 15 - 18 take a mini break while still trying to make better eating choices
    Exercise at least 4 days per week
    Increase time on elliptical trainer to 20 minutes consistently
    Lose 10 pounds
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    bump
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Good morning! This is my first forum post on here although I've been tracking calories and exercise on here for a month. I'm Vicky from North Carolina. I am an instructional facilitator at a K-5 elementary school. I'm looking forward to a cruise over spring break and working hard to try to be able to walk easier and be able to enjoy myself on the cruise. I set a short term goal of 40 pounds to lose before the cruise, but I've been doing so well I just upped it to 50.

My goals for February:
    Log my food daily and stay under calorie goal
    For family beach mini vacation Feb 15 - 18 take a mini break while still trying to make better eating choices
    Exercise at least 4 days per week
    Increase time on elliptical trainer to 20 minutes consistently
    Lose 10 pounds

welcome, Vicky, you have chosen the right place for your first forum post.....i hope you will keep coming back......there are several here from NC and several who work in various capacities in schools......I have been retired for eight years from a long career of teaching grades one and two in public school...now I am passionate about line dance and walking my dogs which is what I'm going to do right now.

:heart: Barbie from chilly and windy NW Washington
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Part of my renewed commitment is to get back to posting here regularly, so I am getting February off to a good start!

My weekly goal last week was to eat a piece of fruit for breakfast everyday and get back to doing a set of exercises I use to do all the time. I did both of those things.

Life with my RAD (reactive attachment disorder) teenage son is still too stressful for me to be on track much. He turned 18 on 1/29 and is moving out as soon as he can get us to drive him and his stuff to his new place. lol No car, no license to drive, starting a job in the next week or so, but he is going. The sad thing is that he might be lying to us about where he is really going.

But, life goes on and I will focus on letting go. We did all we could and I pray that someday he will realize what he had at home.

Happy Birthday to all the February ladies!

Jeannie in NM
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Gail - so glad you are OK from those tornadoes but I feel so sorry for those affected. The newchannel inteviewed this one boy. Evidentally, he was at school and had to stay in the building, when they let him go, he didn't get very far and there was another torado so he had to go back to the building. When he finally left for good, he found that his house was totally destroyed. He said that he'd probably be staying with his aunt as even his grandparents home was destroyed. Personally, I thought it was quite insensitive of the TV network to have interviewed him, but Vince saw the interview and said he was very impressed with how well the kid handled himself. About your pillowsmah - I've found that most of the time when I make something from scratch, the colorsare so much better (they match better) and it's what I want. Good luck to you.

Barbara Ann - big congrats on getting back on the bike! Your lettuce wrap sounds so good

barbie - are there any books that you'd recommend dealing with health, fitness, or weight management?

Linda C - the measuring cups I had previously for some reason the handles always broke. As soon as these break, assuming someone else doesn't buy me new measuring cups, I'm definitely going to go with the metal ones.

Mary - welcome!

Amanda - have a great trip

Rosacanina - best of luck to you

Have to run to volunteer at the Green Room but want to post this so it will mark my spot.

Later gals!

Michele in NC