What food's calories have you been shocked by?

Options

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by the things people think are high. 55 cals for an apple? What's high about that? Seems very reasonable for a snack.

Now who is going to be the one to tell her that 55 calories would be a very very small apple. Most apples are in the 80 calorie (small) to 150 calorie (large) range. :embarassed:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    CASHEWS!! and POTATOES!
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanut butter!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    - Peanut butter
    - Muesli
    - Granola
    - ANY dessert
    - Unpitted dates
    - Most breads

Wahhh all the good stuff :sad: haha
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    Nuts and fruit. Oh...and chicken kievs!!! I know they have butter in them but still....it was about 300 calories for 1 little kiev. I'm glad I don't eat them very often :) x x
  • jsan5933
    Options
    a wrap! or rice! so high in cals

but sweet potato has low cals :)
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised that turkey bacon & cottage cheese were so low in cals. :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    cheddar sesame sticks- over 300 calories per cup!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    1 cup of 2% milk and peanut butter
  • Bigmitch41
    Bigmitch41 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nuts of all variety's, v high in cals, v tasty tho and a good fuel source while out training.
  • speedy001
    speedy001 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Rabbit meat! I have raised rabbits for many years but until I started logging my food I had never looked to see how many calories it contained. I was relieved to find out that the protein was double so I guess that makes up for it.

You eat your pets?
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    If you raise them to eat they aren't pets.

Cereal. The calories in the amount I used to eat as a serving shocked me.
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sadly disappointed in milk! Milk was my fav...:frown:
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    wraps....it is 120-140 cals and it is so unsatisfying, i´d rather have a heavy nordic black bread w nuts for 120 cals....

and then cheese, but I knew it, I just wish it was different :)
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are always a lot more calories than they feel like in terms of satisfaction. If I buy a pre-made sandwich, it's easy for it to be over 300 calories, and I usually like to keep my lunch to around 350-400 calories. So a sandwich and water when I'm on the go, which doesn't keep me full for very long.
  • Belita38
    Belita38 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nutella!
    Cereal bread which I love!!!
    Wraps

I love bread and Nutella and only if I could not have Nutella at home... But my husband would kill me! ahahahahahaha

Nuts!
    Nutricionist told me to have ONE nut before going to bed... ONE????
  • ElectricPics
    ElectricPics Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I recommend a paleo pizza. You use cauliflower for the crust instead of dough. Works like a charm. Unless you do it wrong...then it's soggy.

Cauliflower? Eew!
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For me it was definitely muesli (100g have around 400 cals) and cheese... And i love cheese... :noway:

But i also had pleasant surprises, like fish and cottage cheese. :flowerforyou:
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nutricionist told me to have ONE nut before going to bed... ONE????
    That's pretty ridiculous. I cannot imagine eating one and not wanting more. For me, that would just be an invitation to pig out. "Well, I already ate more than I was supposed to, so why stop?" I love almonds but I can never eat just a few so I think I have to stop buying them.

Here's one I dont think Ive seen on the list so far: orange juice. 110 calories for one cup, and it's way easy to drink 3 or 4 cups at a time. Before I educated myself, I thought "oh, it's fruit juice, it must be healthy so I can drink as much as I want." Not to mention I love screwdrivers, which are sort of double no-no's now.
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mine is a little opposite, I can't believe the how low cal Candian Bacon is!!!!
    Me too! I was shocked. So when we get pizza now, I get a thin crust Canadian Bacon and pineapple.