MALWARE WARNING

Options

Replies

• kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got it too! it was when i was trying to read a success story, I had to shut down 2x then was ok. I swear MFP has given my computers viruses before!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    Options
    Old people type in all caps I've noticed. It was a different time then. They still talked like a telegram.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You must be really mad!
  • TGGolfer
    TGGolfer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?:explode:
    Can't we all get along?:heart:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Install the Ad Block Plus extension to Chrome. *poof* no more ads.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    LOUD NOISES
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Old people type in all caps I've noticed. It was a different time then. They still talked like a telegram.
    EXACTLY STOP
    I LAUGHED PRETTY HARD AT THIS STOP

Just. I don't even. hahaha
  • msdoty7
    msdoty7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :huh: I got the same message after adding my breakfast. Immediately ran a scan and it was clean. not sure what that was able.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I have tried to explain this caps lock thing to my Dad several times. He plays cribbage online and the other users always comment on it to him....he claims caps is easier to read, and will NOT turn it off. *sigh*
  • Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've read that it's a problem with Chrome. Google has added cm.netseer.com to their black list, so anytime an ad is on a page created by cm.netseer.com you get the malware warning. If you refresh a couple times you should be able to get in, or if you try a different browser.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11831193/1/malware-warnings-originating-from-netseer.html

THAT'S PROBABLY IT, CAUSE I USE GOOGLE CHROME. THANK YOU!

I use Google Chrome and have never had a problem.
  • midcenturymodern69
    Options
    I got that too, I wouldn't worry about it or the fact that you want to use caps...big deal! Have a great day!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you're using Chrome, add the extension ad block and you won't see the ads.
  • pangelicus
    pangelicus Posts: 43 Member
    Options

LOL "old people". Can that be qualified? Haha ;-)
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?:explode:
    Can't we all get along?:heart:

very nice, this made me smile
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    its netsteer...heres how to remove it...

go to your google chrome browser settings---extensions---disable yontoo and then delete it clicking on the symbol nxt to it

Then go to your computer's cntrl panel---add/remove programs---go to the bottom you will see yontoo...click remove---it will show a window...on bottom check the 'completely remove....' and remove....done...

in firefox the extension is in add ons-disable and delete it from there.

I got it so I found out how to remove it and it worked.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

go to your google chrome browser settings---extensions---disable yontoo and then delete it clicking on the symbol nxt to it

Then go to your computer's cntrl panel---add/remove programs---go to the bottom you will see yontoo...click remove---it will show a window...on bottom check the 'completely remove....' and remove....done...

That would be helpful if one had the extensions, which I do not.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options

This!
    It works for many simple viruses that actually show up in your add/remove programs. Often they are just ways to get you to buy a useless registry cleaner, or something like that.

Google chrome is the best as far as I am concerned, don't give it up. What is the alternative??
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    That would be helpful if one had the extensions, which I do not.
    [/quote]

Which browser are you using?
  • aditifoodie
    Options
    @ krissielynn87 which browser are you using?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I use Google Chrome and am having the same issues today. MFP is banner ad city, so it keeps showing up in the forums.