What's your current goal - not scale related?

Options
We all need smaller stepping stones that will get us to our big goal. I've never been good about writing down my smaller goals and find that I never really reach them. This year I decided to start my year off with some non-scale goals to keep my mind off of the scale. April 2013 will be my one year anniversary of starting this journey. I remember going to my first boot camp, not being able to do a real push-up, and thinking...one day!

One of my "stepping stone" goals is to be able to perform 5 regular push-ups by April 2013. I am getting there and now that April is approaching so quickly I have doubled my efforts in order to meet that goal. For the month of Febuary I have committed to do 50 push-ups each day...yet another challenge to help me meet my goals.

What goal(s) are you currently working towards? What are you doing to acheive your goal? And why do you think it's important to set small goals in addition to the "big" one?

Replies

• jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Nobody?
  • amntsu
    amntsu Posts: 30
    Options
    Smaller jeans :)
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    My current goals are for the upcoming year...don't really have anything with an end goal soonish.

- Run a total of 5 5k's by December 2013 (currently at 2)
    - Drop 5k pace to 30 minutes or less (believe my last time was somewhere close to 40 minutes)
    - Lift 100lbs easily by December 2013 (started a dumbbells only variant of Stronglifts 5x5 today @ 13lbs/dumbbell)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    To complete p90x (on Day 3)
    To do full push ups
    To do pull ups
  • kacysuzanne
    kacysuzanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do a pull up. I am currently using the assist machine and am able to pull up half my body weight. :smile:
  • lilteepot
    Options
    Every summer I spend my birthday with my two best girlfriends. We spend the entirety of the day on the beach, leaving only for lunch and free tastings at all the local wineries. This year, my goal (by August) is to wear my swim suit without wearing clothes over it like I do EVERY year.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have specific clothes that I want to fit into! I try them on every 2 weeks
  • KathrynKennewell108
    Options
    My current goal is in relation to rehab. I tore my knee cartilage last year. It's slowly mending. I'd like to think I can help it mend without surgery as it's not a bad tear. My current goal is to add 1km to my daily walks each month.
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    *1 week (starting today) NO SCALE.
    *Saying 1 NICE thing about myself each day for the week (starting today).--The scale has been stuck for a YEAR :sad: and I haven't been so nice to myself. Time to stop and look at how far I have come!!!
    * Run 50 miles by Feb 12....I have 12 more to go!!!
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My current goal is to be able to keep up with the guys in my life. The ones that always made me feel weaker and slower because I was a girl. I want to be able to show them that carrying XX chromosomes don't mean *kitten*, and I can beat them on their best day.

So the goal is to just be faster and stronger. There is no finish line, because if there's a finish line, that means that's all I thought I could accomplish.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I want to squeeze into the handmade pencil skirt I bought when I was 18. It's got a Led Zeppelin watercolor patch on it, and I can't bear to throw it out.

I want to to buy a rainbow bikini.

I want to complete a century race (cycling) and a 5k (running).

I want to be able to do a real push up.
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Overall goal 20% body fat.
    shorter term goals work out 5 times a week, consistently
    Drop 20 lbs by the end of May, or at least look like I did--I honestly don't care what I weigh, its more how I look, the space by body takes up.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    1/2 marathon in may
    Climb mt rainier July
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    - to no longer have to do "girl" pushups
    - eliminate 3 lb dumbbells because they are too light
    - have a butt that looks like the letter "C" in sillouhette ; )
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yay I just made my goals for February last week!
    1. Complete Fab Ab February (a mini-challenge workout just for fun)
    2. Complete 50 miles walking/jogging/running in February (9.4 down, 40.6 to go!)
    3. Look super fine on my birthday on March 2 :wink:
    4. !OH! And complete the Tough Mudder in April!!!
  • 5one5oh
    5one5oh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    to complete 1 full session of Body by Jake.....that guy knows his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpX2w1_RH0
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    15 miles/week walk/run. Finish 30 Day Shred (day nine today).
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a pair of single digit sized jeans. :-)

Edited to add : And they will fit me. LOL!
  • Chris5138
    Options
    Run my first ever 5k. That would be so cool!!!