I Am Scared of Failing - Need Fitness Pal Friends

Options
I have been hearing so much about this site and I have finally decided to join. I get scared when it comes to calorie counting because I think it is too much work. But what has been too much work is carrying all of this weight around. I can't do it anymore. I am ready to start on this journey. I need it. My health is important!

So I am looking for some friends to help me with this accountability.

Thanks!

**Stay Fab*

Replies

• Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Im the same way but this site is so easy n fast... feel free to add me...
  • jenifo11
    jenifo11 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    "“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but rather that it is too low and we reach it.” - Michelangelo"
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! :)
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    just sent a request :) anyone else please feel free to add me.
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me too! I started last week and so far it has been super easy to track and has really made me accountable. Plus, I love the support, insipiration and photos in the community section. I am 38 with 30 pounds to lose, I would love to have some fitness pal friends too, so feel free to add me and we can cheerlead eachother!! :happy:
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Please do not be afraid of this, it is not a pass/fail proposition. It is a tool you can use to change the way you are doing things, get healthier change activity level track good and bad days. Use it as such and I promise you will learn a lot about yourself and change the things you need to as long as you are honest. I would be glad to support you anyway I can, please feel free to add me.
  • felela1
    Options
    Im pretty new to the site as well, and I love it. I never looked at countng calories as hard work per se, I was more afraid to actually document what I was eating. I knew it was bad, but until you own responsibility for what your eating things will never change. Im glad you decided to make this change. We are all in this together :flowerforyou:
  • Clarissa546
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome!!
    I just joined a few days ago and the foods section where you can type in what you ate and find out the cals. is great! Quick and easy and it calculates cals for you!
    Don't be afraid of failing! We are all here for the same purpose; to get back in shape, lose weight and improve the quality of our lives. We'll get through this together!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Add me! I'm super-accountable!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    As long as you're 100% honest with yourself, this tool will become a huge help in your weight loss. But, you have to be willing to be honest. Those who try and cut corners or who aren't ready to be honest, won't reach their goals.

Learning to read labels and finding out what is a TRUE serving size vs what Americans think is a serving size = HUGE wake up call!

Good Luck! You can do it!
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You can add me :smile:
  • Chris5138
    Options
    ADD ME... WE can do together what I cannot do alone. It's really not that bad when you get into it and stay committed...
  • curlytop0218
    Options
    i just joined today... I've heard awesome things about this site i lost 5 pounds on the 17 day diet but its soo hard to give up carbs entirely.. I loose then crave carbs bad.. I could use some support as well...
  • imnike
    Options
    You can add me too! I need lots of motivation and help!:smile:
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stick with it... the site is awesome as it has a huge database of food choices so its super simple... and it makes you take a second look at what you are going to consume. Every morning I enter my data so I know where I am going to end up and if I need to make adjustments throughout the day. Stay with the fight, everyone here is on their own journey and willing to help motivate and support you :) BTW Congratulations, you're going to love it!
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    HI. This is my 4th day on here and its actually quite exciting lol! I've never calorie counted before and this is so easy. It's great to get so much support and camaraderie on here too.
  • Komeara1990
    Options
    I'm new too, willing to motivate and be motivated as much as possible, add me! :)
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request :smile:

Anyone else wants, feel free to add me. There's no such thing as too much support!!