How much do you gain while on your period?

Options
Hey! I was just wondering how much you generally gain while on your period, how you prevent bloat, and how fast you lose the weight after your period is over :))

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    very hard to say since my weight generally fluctuates anyway. maybe around a pound. it comes off after a few days.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    My weight probably fluctuates around a pound or two. But it doesn't stay. Drink lots of water!
  • dontbeskurred
    dontbeskurred Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine fluctuates an additional 3-4 extra lbs.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    3-4 lbs...starting with PMS. i'm feeling it right now. yay! woo hoo.

UGH. NOT.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 to 2 lbs., but one month is was 5!
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    mine is between 2-5 pounds. staying hydrated, lowering sodium, and avoiding caffeine help to keep the bloating (and weight) and cramps down. when i manage to stay hydrated enough, i can usually avoid cramps altogether (yay!)
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started my healthier lifestyle in early January so I only have experience with one month.

I didn't lose any weight for the two weeks before my period. Then I started my period and lost 3.5 pounds instantly. I'm guessing that I would have lost those lbs earlier (and more gradual) in the month if it weren't for water retention and bloat from period. Ugh!

Drink tons of water and don't give in to the chocolate cravings!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs usually. I guess I'm broken. Everyone else only 1-3 lbs? Really? I can't be the one. Or, maybe I am :/
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    5-10 lbs usually. I guess I'm broken. Everyone else only 1-3 lbs? Really? I can't be the one. Or, maybe I am :/

5-10 here too!
  • StephanieLisette
    StephanieLisette Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    7-10 lbs. Lots! It is soo crazy.
  • LaurLaur09
    Options
    Glad this question was asked cause I'm wondering the same. Feeling the pain and bloating like crazy. Don't know how much to attribute to the cycle though because part of my issue is having PCOS and endometriosis so I don't usually have a period. Since beginning my journey I'm having one now...super happy! Weird to say that lol
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5-7 pounds. It drives me batty, but at least I know the reason for it. I drink lots of water and try to keep my sodium low. Other than that, there's not much you can do except ride it out.
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I'm with you. I'm anywhere from 5 to 8 pounds. I think its 3 to 5 pounds of PMS bloat and another 2 to 4 caused by high salt/fat/sugar foods that inevitably make their way into my diet for those three or four days leading up to my period and make me retain water like crazy. I seriously puff up like a marshmallow. It always comes off by the time my period is over so I don't stress over it. But I make sure my fat pants are always ready to go during that time cause boy do I need them.
  • elainewitch
    elainewitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    From 3 to 8 here.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    one to three for me :)
  • Sleepynita
    Options

I didn't lose any weight for the two weeks before my period. Then I started my period and lost 3.5 pounds instantly.

I lose weight during my period so I weigh in during that time of month, every month. Usually I can expect to see a 3 lb drop from non period times.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5-7 lbs during my period, but I TRY to continue working out and keeping my diet, and IF I do, I am able to lose all of that weight plus 1 or 2 more lbs about 2 days after my period ends.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    About 5 pounds. This, because me apetite sky rockets....
    But I lose also because I have to use the bathroom alot.
  • chezlou1984
    Options
    A womans body weight can fluctuate anything between 2-8lb during menstuation.
    This is due to water retention.
    My doctor told me that during your cycle if you drink pleanty of water then your body will not store it as much and there will be a minimal weight loss.
    My weight does not really change so I can only assume that he is telling me the truth.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I gain about 4 pounds but it goes away after a few days