What do you drink besides water?

Options

Replies

• chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you all, some great ideas. What do you flavor your unsweet tea with? Giving up soda was something I thought I could not do, I want to eventually develop taste for unsweetened tea. Again thank you for all your comments and support:wink:
  • Bannawoman
    Bannawoman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    beer
    wine!! Lol
  • darkangeljanie
    Options
    Drinks: Water, Tazo Green Tea, Juice and Soda now and then, Milk with cereals. Wine or champagne now and then.
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say I have kicked my diet coke habit. Diet coke has been my drink of choice for over 30 years!! I don't like water, however going into week 4 I am happy to say I only had one the first week by accident. Had a pizza party at a restaurant and as a habit ordered one, my refill was tea. I have made myself drink at least 4 or more glasses of water. I also drink diet peach of raspberry instant tea. I am thinking this is not good for me either. Need some ideas of other drinks.

Coconut water is good. I also like herbal teas :)
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For hydration purposes, ANY liquid will suffice. I drink a pot of coffee a day and have for 40 years. I've never been dehydrated or had any ill affects.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I can't drink water either and have tried everything under the sun..trust me..I understand.

I use Refreshe flavored water (Safeway's brand) , Low/zero calorie waters from Costco (Kirkland brand) - juice once or twice a week in small servings and 2% milk are my favorites.

If I really want soda I go for the new "TEN" choices : Dr. Pepper TEN , Sunkist TEN - 10 calories per serving as an alternative but I try to not make it a habit.
  • darkangeljanie
    Options
    You could also try some smoothie/homemade juice drinks, they probably won't hydrate you as much as a glass of water but they might be worth trying just to have something different.
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coke zero and water. We have a well, so the water is quite good and excellent quality
  • amarietti01
    Options
    If you put lemons, limes, cucumbers, or raspberries in a pitcher of water and then place it in the fridge the flavor of the fruit or veggie in the case of the cucumber will infuse into your water giving you that flavor you are lacking but without adding unwanted artificial ingredients or calories.
  • holz2987
    Options
    hot water with lemon juice and honey is delish! :-)
  • dianemcmillen
    Options
    I was a Diet Coke Junkie as well! I find that I still miss the carbonation. So I switched to Seltzer (from a can) and I get the same satisfaction. To add additional flavor to the Seltzer and my water, I add the new thing on the market (Mio - Liquid Water Enhancer). I don't think that the chemical sweetener is good for us, but just a little changes the taste so that I am not bored. Bottles are very portable, so I stick it in my bag when we go out to eat. It beats Water with Lemon all the time.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    <
    well, duh....
  • Parmark22
    Options
    Mr Daniels and his friend Jack help me spice the water up. I quit Diet Coke cold turkey Jan 1 when I started P90x. Water water everywhere now the key for me.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I don't drink water. Ever.

I exist on diet soda alone. 1-2 gallons a day.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Coffee, loose leaf tea, and random liquors when I'm home,
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm English.

I drink tea
    I drink beer (and occasionally whiskey)

That is all.
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do drink a lot of water. I've always loved it. I go off and on about soda, but to wein myself during this transition, I drink Fresca since it's zero calorie, plus yummy. Aside from that, iced tea, Crystal Light mixes, and an occasional sugar free Redbull.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Unsweet tea occasionally. :drinker:
  • bwilliams4949
    bwilliams4949 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome ! Habits are hard to break... You have taken the first step toward a happy healthy life!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    As my job involves a lot of driving, the answer is surprisingly little!!! When I have a drink, it is usually the dreaded diet sodas or more often simply Earl Grey tea!