New Round of P90X!

Options

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Did week 2 of Chest & Back yesterday. Kind of disappointed that some of my reps went down from week 1 on the pullups and many of the push ups. Anything with dumbbells I did the same or improved. I ran out of strength on a lot of exercises.

I really need to figure out how to build more strength for pullups without trying to do pullups. By that I mean if I can only do 4 pullups the first round and maybe 1 the second round, that's not going to do much for me. I might have to wrap a resistance band around the pullup bar and sit on the floor. And as of late last year I was easily doing 35 pushups but slacked off around the holidays. I can do 30 for the first pushup exercise but the rest of the workout my numbers quickly fall off. So frustrating!

Besides that I love the Arms & Shoulders and Legs workouts. I'm not doing plyo right now due to tendonitis in my leg (from running too much). I hate the yoga workout (too long) and hate yoga in general. So on plyo & yoga days I get on the elliptical and will continue that until my leg heals (when I can resume running). I do a longer elliptical run on Saturday along with the Kenpo.

Nice job on starting week 2! Don't be disappointed. Remember, like Tony says, "Don't get all jacked up about the numbers." This is so true. What's important is that with every move, ever push up, you ARE getting stronger and it will lead to more reps; plain and simple.

For me, pull ups work best and I feel them best when I use a band. Sometimes, bands work best!

If I can, I highly recommend doing some of the yoga. I know, I know...it's long and boring. But, it's important and will help with all of the other workouts, I promise! Do you have his Fountain of Youth yoga? That one is only 40 min and covers everything!

Hang in there and keep going!

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Yoga X is so long and boring that I tended to skip it (or just do the first 35 minutes of vinyasas). I replaced it with Fountain of Youth Yoga and enjoy it a whole lot more. I never really want to skip that one, since it moves so much more briskly and doesn't screw around with stretches and balance postures, which bore me to be death.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Good morning X'ers!!! How's everyone doing? It's FRIDAY!!!! :bigsmile:

So, today's schedule is a little off and let me explain why. See, on top of doing my own personal round of the X, I also teach it twice a week. I also teach Turbo Kick twice a week, so that's 4 classes on top of my regularly scheduled program! Whew! However, I am not quitting or tweaking my P90X schedule; I really want to do the program as a whole so I'm sticking with it. Plus, I'm already seeing and feeling great results!

So, yesterday was legs & back for me and also a teaching night. I came home exhausted! And I don't want to burn myself out. I listen to my body because if I'm outta the game, that's no bueno!!!

So, instead of my Kenpo today, I will be doing about 40-60 min on my ellyptical.

Sunday starts week 2 for me and I'm so excited! I didn't take "before" pics but I think I will seeing as how I'm feeling so good! I am NOT getting on that scale for a while though! It'll just screw with my head!

Anyway, hope you're all doing well! Happy Friday and keep bringing it!
  • razor_fever
    razor_fever Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Chest & Back - DONE!

Felt pretty good today. I held back some because I've been fighting a cold/sinus thing all week. But I'd still give myself a 7.5 or 8 out 10 as far as intensity.

I did WAY better today than the first time I did this a few years back. Made it all the way through with minimal breaks, at least 25 pushups per set etc.
  • brittany_1202
    Options
    I just finished 1 week of P90X... I am so incredibly sore! I love it :D
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

Yeah, week 1 was painful. I'm in week 2 now and the pain is much better.

I was supposed to do Legs & Back yesterday but skipped due to hip pain. I think something I am doing on the elliptical is bothering it. That really bugs me - I stopped running 2 weeks ago due to tendonitis and started the elliptical while that heals. Hopefully I can get back to running soon. My hip feels better today so I might try Legs & Back.
  • ddavies919
    Options

Brittany,

Awesome! I just finished week 1 too! I hope you stick around here! Lots of good motivation and support!

Today is my rest day! Woo hoo!!!! And lord knows, my body is asking for it! Week 1 in the books and I feel great!!! Bring on week 2!
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So excited to start week 4 today! I love core syn, but dislike yoga. I will make it through this week though!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm on month three, week two. Honestly, I am getting burned out and can't wait to be done with it. I want to start a heavier lifting program when I'm finished. I feel like I *have* to finish it this time. I started it last year and did the first two months without missing a day. Then I went on a 10-day vacation, summer started and I never got back into doing it again. So right now I am further along than I got last time. I only missed one or two workouts during recovery week, which was over Christmas/New Years week. Every time I do a workout, I click off in my head "OK, I only have to do Chest and Back one more time in my whole life and then I'm done with it forever". I like that I have gotten in the habit of getting up early to work out everday, but I am honestly losing motivation. I do feel stronger than when I started, but that could have come with any workout I stuck with for two months.

My favorite is legs & back and chest & triceps. I dislike back and biceps the most. Too many variations of bicep curls. I love the first half of yoga, but sometimes I stop when the slow leg stretches start. I only do ab ripper about every other time I'm supposed to.

Overall, I am glad I started the program. Off to do Kenpo since I skipped it yesterday.
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms - DONE. Took a 5 minute break, then also did Friday Night Arms.
  • tigerlion2013
    tigerlion2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on month three, week two. Honestly, I am getting burned out and can't wait to be done with it. I want to start a heavier lifting program when I'm finished. I feel like I *have* to finish it this time. I started it last year and did the first two months without

Overall, I am glad I started the program. Off to do Kenpo since I skipped it yesterday.

Maybe try Body Beast? That's what I'm going to start next. I'm currently finishing up Insanity Asylum.

For those that want to improve on pull ups, I recommend the Chin Up assist band. I have one and use it on the second sets sometimes. It's kind of pricey for what is essentially a band with hook but it works. Using the chair feels awkward for me.

http://www.amazon.com/P90X-Chin-up-Max-Pull-Assist/dp/B005DA64QG

Steve
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good Superbowl Sunday morning all!!! Who's getting a workout in today?! I am! I teach Turbo Kick so I'll be scorching some calories before the big game! We are going to my parents' house for the day and I'm bringing a yummy snack! Greek covered frozen strawberries!!! OMG! Yummy!

So, I'm starting week 2 and I am going to adjust my schedule a bit. Because I also teach P90X and other classes during the week, I don't want to burn myself out. So, I'm going to start my week on Monday which is what I usually do and Sunday is my rest day. Because as it was, my weight days fell on the same days as my P90X class and it's just too much. I'm also dealing with a slight injury.

Anyway, just an update on my end. Hope you're all doing well with your workouts! Looks like it! Have a great Sunday and don't pig out too much! Tony would not be happy! lol
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Kenpo Cardio - DONE

I did have to skip part of it due to time constraints. I skipped over the part with all of the blocks. That part always seemed pretty easy anyway. I'll make it up tonight by doing a 10 Minute Trainer w/o.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning X'ers! Who's up and adam? I am! It was a rough night of sleep last night, tossed and turned and probably got about 4hrs of sleep all together! But, nonetheless, I got up at 4am and pushed play!

I switched my schedule around so my rest days are on Sundays with my week starting Mondays which is what I usually do anyway; it'll work better with my teaching schedule.

Today was day 1, week 2 and push ups were a bit easier. I love all the back exercises in this workout!

Have a great day and keep up the good work!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Did Chest & Back today (week 3). Still not making any forward progress in pullups. But I'm trying. I might just make this a repeat of week 2 instead of calling it week 3. I skipped Friday and Saturday's workouts due to hip pain and general lack of motivation. Gotta get back on track this week!
  • razor_fever
    Options
    Back & Biceps - DONE
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning! So, last night, after dinner I wasn't feeling too hot. Since today is my P90X teaching day, I decided to get an extra hour of sleep this morning because I think my body needed it!

Tonight is my group P90X class and I'm going to switch things up a bit. I love teaching it!

Glad to see you guys working hard, pressing play! Stay with it! The results are coming!

Have a great day!
  • abaxter02
    abaxter02 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3, week 4! Kenpo today, one of my faves!!! Just curious, I have lost some weight, but at what stage did you see the biggest results, body shape wise?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just started p90x on Saturday so I'm currently on Day 4 today and tonight is Yoga X. I generally hate Yoga but I've dedicated myself to fully completing this program in it's entirety. I'm in for a long 90 minutes hahaha but I'm sure somehow it's beneficiall haha :)
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Today is day 3, week 4! Kenpo today, one of my faves!!! Just curious, I have lost some weight, but at what stage did you see the biggest results, body shape wise?

Way to go girl! Love Kenpo!!! Also one of my favs! So, with my first round of P90X, I saw the most after my 30 day mark, right around there. Also, keep in mind, the last phase of the X is the "leaning out" phase. It's when you'll start to really see your muscle definition. So, stick with it! And keep taking those progress pics; you'll be glad you did!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I just started p90x on Saturday so I'm currently on Day 4 today and tonight is Yoga X. I generally hate Yoga but I've dedicated myself to fully completing this program in it's entirety. I'm in for a long 90 minutes hahaha but I'm sure somehow it's beneficiall haha :)

Woo hoo! Thanks for coming to the group! And kudos to you for sticking to the program! You will see results!