Exercises to target belly fat loss

Options
Okay first off I KNOW there's no such thing as spot reduction! I know there's no exercise to specifically burn belly fat and that diet is the main issue to lose belly fat along with cardio. That's not what I'm asking. I wanna know different exercises that are known, or you do, that are effective for burning fat? What exercises burn more calories to help burn lower belly fat? (Burpees are more effective than curls...I wanna know exercises not diet)

*******there I changed the wording if this makes more sense*********

Replies

• cheyy_nicoleee
    cheyy_nicoleee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anyone???
  • Krunchey1
    Krunchey1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please keep me informed if you get a reply.. I too want to know. :wink:
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I noticed a difference when I did a reverse crunch. (I think that's what it's called) I learned of it from Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.
  • sclarktiw
    Options
    I will be watching this post carefully!
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Planking?
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got an inch and a half off with 30 Day Shred. Several others have gotten better results with it. This is my problem area too.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Okay first off I KNOW there's no such thing as spot reduction! I know there's no exercise to specifically burn belly fat and that diet is the main issue to lose belly fat along with cardio. That's not what I'm asking. I wanna know different exercises that are known, or you do, that are great for losing belly fat.

Um, you realize that in 3 sentences you managed to make a correct statement and then totally contradict yourself, right?

The best exercise I know to lose belly fat goes like this: open cupboard door, remove food scale, portion food, scan into mfp app, repeat until daily goals are met.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There is no spot reduction. You lose as you increase activity levels and lower calorie intake.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's all about the deficit, eat less and do more.

Now planks are my favorite ab exercise along w/ weighted crunches.
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    yeah i think, watch your food intake & do more exercise in general to loose belly fat. then when you are at the weight you want & think your belly is looking flabby and needs toning, search abdominal exercises on youtube and get toning:smile:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You just have to lower your overal body fat %. There is not way to lose from a specific area.

Crunches and the like are great for the muscles under the stomach however if you have a layer of fat over the muscle you may not see the results of crunches.

Lower your overall body fat percentage ... your body will decide where it wants to take fat from.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Okay first off I KNOW there's no such thing as spot reduction! I know there's no exercise to specifically burn belly fat and that diet is the main issue to lose belly fat along with cardio. That's not what I'm asking. I wanna know different exercises that are known, or you do, that are great for losing belly fat.

If you KNOW there's no such thing then why are you creating more noise on this board?
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Squats, Lunges, walking lunges, deadlifts or other movements which involve a lot of moving. Building up your muscles, like your legs will make you a more efficient fat burning machine.
  • 19bulldog60
    19bulldog60 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    To tighten abs --- planking.
    To lose belly fat --- diet
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I lost about four inches off my waist when after only 16 days of the 30 Day Shred. I wish I would have measured the "fat" part of my stomach to see how many inches I lost there! lol
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Cardio.. :/
  • cheyy_nicoleee
    Options

Um, you realize that in 3 sentences you managed to make a correct statement and then totally contradict yourself, right?

The best exercise I know to lose belly fat goes like this: open cupboard door, remove food scale, portion food, scan into mfp app, repeat until daily goals are met.

I didn't contradict myself. I'm asking what exercises help with fat loss. Doing burpees are more effective than doing curls. I want to know exercises that help benefit belly fat loss. Like I said I know diet is the most important factor but its not the only factor.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

So, you know that you can't spot reduce, but you still want tips on how to spot reduce? :huh:

Agree with the above advice. Count calories, weigh/measure food, exercise if you want, repeat, repeat, repeat.
  • cheyy_nicoleee
    Options

If you KNOW there's no such thing then why are you creating more noise on this board?

Because Id like to know what exercises other do that I haven't done yet so I can switch up my workouts.