The HCG Plan

Options

Replies

• RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    US News: I know we all have some sort of skepticism regarding news writing these days but read this article:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/03/14/hcg-diet-dangers-is-fast-weight-loss-worth-the-risk?page=2

And there is NO way you have a dose of a hormone that doesnt include the hormone. It would just be saline at that point!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    There is no side effects and I did my research before i decided to try it.

Lol. Which weekly magazine was that?
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My daughter was on it and our doctor told her it can do kidney damage. Im 47 been overweight snce I was 5 never known a skinny day in my life. My actvity level is very high I am a very busy person with lagging metabolism... Your ticker says 11 pounds,mine says 10 basically if you follow healthy eating habits now you wont have to keep on starting over and be successful. This site is amazing if I were your mom would say get off it and log into mfp for 6 months and I bet youll be healthy and wiser for it. Diets do not work. NONE of them do.. because diet means to depive for a season changing your whole life and eating and excercise levels will really help you. Good luck!
  • msweetalex
    msweetalex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Maybe you mean it's synthetic? I take synthetic progesterone for birth control, but it's still a hormone and functions like one.

It's not the hormone itself that is the issue. If you enjoy wasting money, take all the hCG you want. All that's really going to happen is that you'll have a positive pregnancy test. But it's not going to make you thinner. Eating 500 cals a day will, but it also won't keep it off unless you plan on doing it forever (which will eventually probably kill you, but hey who cares right?).

hCG is there to prevent your body from rejecting the embryo and to keep up the lining. Not so that you can live on 500 cals a day. Some women do go through a period of eating about that due to severe morning sickness and it's okay only because it's short term, not because of some majickal hormone.

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Ok bmqbonnie really!! The kind that I have doesn't have any hormones any

Well it does look like you did your research then... :huh:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    In_before_the_lock_by_dantiscus.gif
  • msweetalex
    Options
    Thanks everyone who gave useful information. This is what fitnesspal suppose to be about to help and guide others. All the ones who gave negative feedback and thought they were funny could of have stayed off my thread.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the beer and tears...
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who gave useful information. This is what fitnesspal suppose to be about to help and guide others. All the ones who gave negative feedback and thought they were funny could of have stayed off my thread.

To whose response are you referring? I read through all of the replies and was surprised how generally helpful and positive they all were. There are only so many ways to be "positive" and give the correct answer of "no". Sorry you didn't get the responses you wanted, but the responses answered the question nonetheless.

Oh, and just so we're clear, here's my response: "NO."
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    NO.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEA!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    NO.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEA!

QFT
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Is anyone during the HCG? I have been on it for a month now. Just wanted to know if anyone else is on it too so that we can motivate each other.

Motivate each other for taking a drug made of pregnant lady piss and malnourising yourself? :laugh:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    jensen22.gif
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's very unhealthy at best and a complete scam at worst.

Don't look for gimmicks. True weight loss can be achieved through self control. You DO have the control to modify your eating habits and then to maintain a smaller weight after you've lost.

Diet gimmicks will help you lose the weight but do you think you can keep them off if you haven't learned how to modify your eating habits in a healthy way?

Please put the HCG away and do some research on these forums.

There are healthier, easier and better ways to lose the weight. Ways that you will be able to maintain long term if you want to. :)
  • msweetalex
    Options
    US News: I know we all have some sort of skepticism regarding news writing these days but read this article:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/03/14/hcg-diet-dangers-is-fast-weight-loss-worth-the-risk?page=2

And there is NO way you have a dose of a hormone that doesnt include the hormone. It would just be saline at that point!

Thanks for the info. The kind that I brought is HCG Platinum 100% hormone free. the hormone is replace with amino acid, african mango, and vitamin b12
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Uh Oh....

tumblr_mc20yrHAUW1rugtvpo1_250.gif
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you are referring to the homeopathic sublingual drops of HCG...if you say your version has no hormones.

can't stop you from doing what you're going to do but i'll give you input anyway. i myself have done 2 rounds of homeopathic HCG. both successful in losing the weight but both times unsuccessful in keeping it off. it became a daily battle with the scale for me. after i lost the weight, my weeks looked like this in terms of eating:

Monday - eat normally
    Tuesday - eat nothing due to 2lb gain
    Wednesday - lost the 2lbs, eat normally again
    Thursday - eat nothing because the 2lbs came back
    Friday - down 2lbs again, eat normally
    Saturday - starve...yup...2lbs are back
    Sunday - starve

it was a very sad and dark time in my life. always bouncing around 2lbs. and by "eat normally", that means i was only eating greek yogurt and steak. if i even so much as LOOKED at bread...oh forget it! i'd gain 5lbs overnight.

now i'm just doing good old calorie counting, eating at a deficit and working out. the weight is coming off albeit excruciatingly slow but that's ok. it's going to come off. maybe not immediately but it will.

but...that was my journey. lesson learned. this is about your journey. it's up to you what you want to do. best of luck either way.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Regretfully some here use the excuse of trying to help, just so they can try and impress one another. Hope you stay away from HCG.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Just No.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
This discussion has been closed.