C25K

Options
I downloaded this app and am starting today! Anyone else doing this?

Replies

• cjransom
    Options
    I did this for a while... it advances too quickly for me. But you can repeat weeks... the new app update lets you do this without losing data. I think overall it's a good app.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, but I'm using the Zombies Run C25K. I tried it last year and it was just too much for me. I've since lost 60lbs and am a lot more fit and I'm finding it easier, but not easy. I still have to really work at it. I'm not a natural runner.
  • cjransom
    Options
    One thing I've done is to get a heart rate monitor and I start by walking briskly for 5 mins... then I run as long as I can at a moderate even pace. Once I really can't go any more I walk. I try to run/jog as often as I am able to, usually trying for 1-2 per song. I do this for 30 mins. It may not be the exact same thing but it should help your cardio if you are honest with yourself.

I tend to burn around 500 calories.
    I'm doing it, but I'm using the Zombies Run C25K. I tried it last year and it was just too much for me. I've since lost 60lbs and am a lot more fit and I'm finding it easier, but not easy. I still have to really work at it. I'm not a natural runner.
  • Homeschoolingmommy
    Options
    I'm thinking about it starting today too. If I can talk my husband into digging out the ol treadmill when he gets home, I think I will go ahead with day 1 and see how I do. I've been doing Turbo Jam 5-6 days a week but I would like to mix things up a bit. Plus, I've always wanted to be cool (LOL) and be a runner :)
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for 3ish weeks. I don't follow the exact schedule as much as run for 90 second bursts as many times as I can for 25 minutes (after a 5 min warm up), and cool down for the other 5 min. The first week I could barely make the 60 second mark on the treadmill, but I'm now doing 90 seconds comfortably. I'll probably try going 2 min tonight! Surprisingly enough, I actually really enjoy running, and I'm thinking of signing up for a 5k...pretty weird considering that a few months ago, I couldn't make it up a flight of stairs without getting winded :/

I think C25K is a GREAT app and a simple way to become a runner (if that's your ultimate goal).
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    I just started week 3! The app is use has a 30 min workout, including a 10 min warm up/cool down. I currently can do about 2 miles in that time. I then walk two more miles to train my heart rate, I'm hoping that will help with my cardiovascular fitness overall and that I will be able to advance week to week well.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It really does work if you stick with it! Don't be afraid to repeat a week (or even one day) if you need to.
  • davidbronkalla
    davidbronkalla Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up week 4 today. I have noticed a huge difference since the beginning of the program. I have lost about 10 pounds so far and my overall mood/stamina has gone up significantly. I never believed it when people said how much better they feel from exercising but I really do feel much better after running.
  • Homeschoolingmommy
    Options
    Ok, you guys talked me into it! No more procrastinating, I'll start today!!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok, you guys talked me into it! No more procrastinating, I'll start today!!

YES!!!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am doing it and starting the dreaded Week 5. Little worried, I have my Pandora all set with the latest music and I am ready.

I should be running at a slower pace for the 20 min run on day 3.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I started Monday..did w1d1 and didn't die :) (and I am the furthest thing from a runner!) But I signed up for a 5k in August so I figure I can do each week twice or tweak it as needed to get me up to par. I am doing the 3 days on M-W F morinings and T-T just walking (for now).
  • Rawvine
    Rawvine Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I downloaded the App last night! Not sure when I will start... I'm nervous!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have never been a runner and actually did not like it at all. I am currently doing the C25K and like it so far;) Yesterday, I finished W5D1
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    i'm on week 4 day 2... been loving it so far!!
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Started this last friday :) I run Mon Wed and Fri so this Fri im Week 2 Day 1 :)
    First day was hard but i've got better already and im enjoying it lots.
    Need to start doing stretches before hand though, my calf/ankle kills about half way through.
  • LynneM150
    LynneM150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i did my first session on sunday and my next one will be tomorrow, I didnt so much run as jog to be honest as I'm not fit enough to run yet!!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Have fun! I have been running for 15+ years... the best thing I ever started :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago! I've not done any races yet, but I can run for 20-30 minutes without stopping for the first time in my life now!
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it, but I need for it to get a little warmer first. It's nine weeks of training? Is it a free download?