180+ pounds down with PCOS :)

Options

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Great job and love the fact that you did not rush things - congrats on all your present and future accomplishments!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    That's really fantastic, and there are so many women who really struggle to lose with PCOS. You must feel great! xx
  • reelweight76
    Options
    LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing your story, I have a family member with PCOS and she has struggled with her weight in a different way then I have! I am inspired!!!:smile:
  • alejandroak
    Options
    HOLY shît!!

Excellent, you're a beast. Good for you!!
  • Wanderson1311
    Wanderson1311 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job. I have struggled with PCOS for years. I was put on metformin when I was 22yrs old. I recently had a hysterectomy and had to be put back on metformin. I lost 80 pounds and then gained 20 back. Now I am trying/struggling with the medicine and lossing weight. I commend you for all your hard work. It has really paid off. You keep going. You are fantastic!!!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hi - I wanted to share my story so others in a similar position know it can be done :)

I weighed 173.1 kilos/380 pounds in august 2006. I have PCOS and was obviously very unhealthy, I struggled with life and was really if nothing changed looking at life confined to my home.

I lost my weight by counting calories, exercising 4-6 days per week (primarily cardio/les mills classes with a minimum 1 PT session of resistance per week)

This is me in April 2006 at 173.1 kilos/380 pounds

1704image2.png

1704image1.gif

December 30 2008 at 150 kilos/330 pounds

2363_64031521061_6870_n_zps68a63ef7.jpg

April 2010 at 120 kilos/264 pounds

36342_433506571061_6600121_n_zpsae31eb58.jpg

Me now at 90.7 kilos/199 pounds
    556383_10150784547501062_1944821896_n_zps9df26d8f.jpg

I hope my pics inspire someone :) If anyone wants to add me for continued support/motivation (I still wanna lose another 40 pounds) fee free to add me :)

CONGRATULATIONS. You look truly amazing
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's very inspirational. I've seen a lot of women with PCOS on these boards, and so many of them seem disheartened because it can take longer to lose weight with PCOS. I hope they see your story.

My doctor keeps mentioning WLS, but I keep telling him I'm doing just fine with low-carb (I have insulin resistance) and exercising. I can't wait to get my BMI under 40 so he'll stop mentioning it. ;)
  • audrey_darren
    Options
    Well done you, I have PCOS as well and it's a bloody nightmare, I have been counting calories for the last 3 weeks, having between 1200 and 1400 a day and have been doing 3 Zumba classes a week since Christmas, I seem to be toning up but have only lost about 5 pounds so far grrrrrr.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Awsome job. thank you for posting your story! You look wonderful!!
  • beccaboo2001
    beccaboo2001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesomely amazing! Congrats!!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Well done you, I have PCOS as well and it's a bloody nightmare, I have been counting calories for the last 3 weeks, having between 1200 and 1400 a day and have been doing 3 Zumba classes a week since Christmas, I seem to be toning up but have only lost about 5 pounds so far grrrrrr.

5 pounds in 3 weeks is really good, especially with PCOS. I lose about one pound per week even though people who weigh as much as I do tend to lose 2-3 pounds per week. It's frustrating, but you're doing great!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You have done so well, you look great! Congrats on your loss so far and good luck with your journey!
  • lionofstmark
    Options
    I'm inspired. James
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well done
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • Sonriendo
    Options
    YOU Are SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alaskagrown86
    Options
    Truly fantastic and inspirational! Fellow PCOS-er, finally decided to step it up and get healthy myself a few months ago. Thank you for showing what hard work and determination can bring. You look fabulous! Good luck on your last 40 lbs!
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Great Job and such and inspiration! Im in a similar position and its wonderful to see your results!
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amazing -- you are a true inspiration!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, but doctors have suggested I have it and told me to wait until I try to have kids one day to deal with it. Either way, I know how difficult hormonal imbalances can make life in general, not to mention losing weight. You have made incredible progress. I hope you are beyond proud of yourself! :) I hope your general health continues to improve, as well. PCOS ain't fun!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!