180+ pounds down with PCOS :)

Options

Replies

• 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! So inspirational, and not just for those with PCOS!
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    wow, you look amazing! and you don't look 199 in that picture at all, you look much less than that. congratuatlions!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Good work!!!
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    BEAUTIFUL and INSPIRING! Thanks for sharing
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hi - I wanted to share my story so others in a similar position know it can be done :)

I weighed 173.1 kilos/380 pounds in august 2006. I have PCOS and was obviously very unhealthy, I struggled with life and was really if nothing changed looking at life confined to my home.

I lost my weight by counting calories, exercising 4-6 days per week (primarily cardio/les mills classes with a minimum 1 PT session of resistance per week)

This is me in April 2006 at 173.1 kilos/380 pounds

1704image2.png

1704image1.gif

December 30 2008 at 150 kilos/330 pounds

2363_64031521061_6870_n_zps68a63ef7.jpg

April 2010 at 120 kilos/264 pounds

36342_433506571061_6600121_n_zpsae31eb58.jpg

Me now at 90.7 kilos/199 pounds
    556383_10150784547501062_1944821896_n_zps9df26d8f.jpg

I hope my pics inspire someone :) If anyone wants to add me for continued support/motivation (I still wanna lose another 40 pounds) fee free to add me :)

You are an amazing Woman and I keep you in my Favorite Encouraging Posts. I have your testimony and videos saved. Awesome testimony and grateful you shared it on MFP. Thank You for taking the time to always answer my email questions also. Please let me know when you make another video. PCOS is a battle against our own hormones but you proved it can be won! I am shocked you still want to lose 40 more lbs you look fantastic now.
  • jscoachwife
    jscoachwife Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You inspire me. I also have PCOS. I have put on 80+ lbs. in the last 10 years. I am now counting calories and working out 5-6 days a week.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    As a PCOS sufferer myself, this is very inspiring and gives me hope. You've made an amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing.

Exactly what I was going to say! You look FANTASTIC! Proof women like us (PCOS) can lose weight. I know you said you counted calories but did you follow a certain amount of carbs as well?

I dont specifically follow low carb....but i do try and have one meal most days that is grain free (usually dinner) :)
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You're incredible :)
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    You look absolutely FANTASTIC!! This gives me such hope and encouragement :) I have PCOS as well and often get frustrated by the numbers not moving in the scale (especially in the RIGHT direction). Would you mind detailing out what type of diet you have? Low carb? Low glycemic index? I am yet to see a nutritionist, but think this may help!

Absolutely beautiful inside and out. Thank you for sharing!

Its not specifically low carb or low GI. The main thing I focus on is eating as little processed food as I can. Untill i got to about 210 pounds I was eating 1600-1800 calories. Currently I have a broken wrist so my exercise is limited so I have cut back to 1400 calories with the occassional day up to 1800. I actually follow a lot of the principles in Jillian Michaels book "Master your metabolism" - which in a nutshell is cut out the crappy processed foods :) I do try and have one grain free meal per day as well.
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Congrats, you look great! Is your diet low carb?

No not specifically....i just try and stay under 40% carbs...i replied in more detail in my above response :)
  • ginabryan
    Options
    Love it! My favorite part and the real inspration is how your face goes from sad in the first pic to a little smile, then onto big smiles! You should be very proud for all that hard work!G
  • Kscott24
    Options
    How amazing! You are so inspiring! Keep up the good work!! You look like a totally different person! Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Can we ask what your calorie goals were like?

Congrats on your amazing loss with PCOS, it is NOT easy!

1800 calories till i got down to about 210 pounds....currently 1400 calories due to a broken wrist and its limited my exercise :)
  • kazzsjourney
    Options
    Amazing Job!
    that is truly inspiring...did you start counting back in 2006, also, when did you join MFP?

Great job! :)
    18895238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I lost the first 20 kilos/44 pounds via weight watchers. I then changed to counting calories via the calorie king website...I started using the MFP site in november 2011 from memory :)
  • monteymole
    Options
    Wow truly inspired by your success :)
  • melissa767
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. What an amazing journey!!!!!!!!!!
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you ROCK!
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As a fellow PCOS girl I want to say this is awesome !! Great work - you are an inspiration to us all :)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking good! Love the smile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!