Okay, i'm starving!

Options
And I cannot figure out for the life of me why! I ate not too long ago and already I'm absolutely starving again! I've been drinking plenty of water, and drank some more when I started getting hunger pangs to see if I was thirsty again - nothing! So I ate a small wrap with some cheese to see if that would help - nada! Any ideas as to what it could be/how to curb it? I do tend to suffer from indigestion but my body usually makes it aware when I'm suffering from that!

Replies

• blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, I would suggest having something to eat.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    For sure, preplan your day, and add as many whole foods as you can. The problem with restaurant or prepackaged foods is that they are calorie filled but small serving sizes.
    Make sure that you're eating enough. Looks like you're at 1200 calories. Did you set it or did MFP set it? 1200 works for some people, but not everyone, I was pretty hangry! haha
    I upped my calories, slowed my loss a bit but I can eat, I have energy, and I'm hardly hungry!

Good job on the progress and the exercise that you're getting in!!!
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    You're only eating about 1000kcals...
  • lessele
    lessele Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what you ate, but you need to maintain at least 1200 calories a day. that is what I eat and I am never hungry. Eat desne foods like protein and complex carbs.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Yep, according to your diary, you are starving.

The common solution to this is to eat, preferably healthy foods.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How did you manage to eat a meal with chicken in the title that doesn't have protein? Avoid protein flavored items and eat protein; it will keep you feeling full longer. And I completely agree with eating more.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Your body is telling you that you are not eating enough... and your diary shows me that as well. You should be eating at the very least your BMR so your body doesn't starve!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of fruit see if that helps.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

This thread need go no further than ^THIS.
  • Kscott24
    Options
    Are you about to start your period? This always happens to me the week before my period. I can never get full. So I tend to just be hungry that week... Just drink lots of water and think about upping your calories.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Your body is telling you that you are not eating enough... and your diary shows me that as well. You should be eating at the very least your BMR so your body doesn't starve!

^^THIS!!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

yup - ^^^ This.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Although I agree with this I'm not sure it's the most helpful advice lol. 1200 cals is very low for an active healthy woman. Also just looking at your diary, your protein is very low, not much in the way of healthy fats either. Both of which will help you feel fuller for longer. Plus there's a distinct lack of anything fruit or vegetable based in there either. Veg is great for adding healthy bulk to a meal.
  • BobOki
    BobOki Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Meats. Low in cals and big of filling.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Although I agree with this I'm not sure it's the most helpful advice lol. 1200 cals is very low for an active healthy woman. Also just looking at your diary, your protein is very low, not much in the way of healthy fats either. Both of which will help you feel fuller for longer. Plus there's a distinct lack of anything fruit or vegetable based in there either. Veg is great for adding healthy bulk to a meal.

Yep, this! Where are the fruits and veggies????
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    this will fill you up!

hot dogs + sharp cheddar + lean hamburg + Thick cut hickory bacon + Sweet Baby rays bbq sauce + TURTLE BURGERS!

turtleburger_zpsd3c3ca9c.jpg

made mac n cheese with bacon bits stuffed jalapeno meatloaf wrapped in apple cider cured BACON!! It...was...epic!!!!

BACONLoaf_zps388e4620.jpg
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Do you not log every day? There are some days that a blank.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Cut the sugar out to start. Tea can be without sugar. Then cut out the lollies. Gives you more cals to actually eat. Then have an apple, or some eggs, or a banana. Apple will fill your cravings nice :)
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!
  • jotero0406
    Options
    Could also be your metabolism kicking up.... try eating small amounts more often while your body gets used to the lower portions... at least that's what helped me when I started.