Okay, i'm starving!

Options
13»

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Check this site out marksdailyapple.com it really helped me get a grasp on the concepts people are talking about (BMR, eating below the TDEE, eating more, eating protein and healthy foods.)
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try carrot sticks and natural yoghurt for a low fat snack. Chewing the carrots sorts out the hunger pangs, and it's healthy.
  • Kryxx
    Kryxx Posts: 34
    Options
    Beats me, can't for the life of me understand why you would still be hungry under 1200 calories. Probably your body just being greedy or something
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If you've gained while eating back exercise calories then there is an error somewhere. This is all science and math...if you eat between your BMR and TDEE you will lose weight. If you have a 1,200 goal and you eat back exercise, I can guarantee you that you are most certainly at a caloric deficit of your TDEE. There are medical conditions that can effect these numbers, but by and large the estimates given by various calculators are pretty accurate (though you may have to tweek them a little).

Common reasons why people fail to lose using the MFP or TDEE method:

1. They don't consistently log
    2. They don't weigh or measure...they just eyeball it (I used to do this all the time and would have a chicken breast and just log it as a serving, which is 4 oz...when the average chicken breast is usually closer to 8 oz...the list goes on and on)
    3. They over estimate calorie burn (get a decent HRM to more accurately track calorie burns)
    4. They don't have realistic weight loss expectations...many are overly ambitious in their weight loss and think if they're not dropping 5-10 Lbs a week that they're not doing it right. Safe and healthy weight loss is slooooowwwww. Think the tortoise and the hare.
    5. They cheat themselves...just have a little of this or a little of that and don't log it..."cheat days"...binge, etc.
  • jross1006
    Options
    Try taking a fiber pill with every meal. works for me. And it may not for all but It couldnt hurt.
  • mwcp58
    mwcp58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    definitely need protein with a complex carb. I eat plain greek yogurt, add strawberries and blueberries. I buy the frozen bags, thaw out a handful of each and add it to the yogurt. It is very filling and healthy! An apple with peanut butter another idea. The key is to have the protein and the complex card. Stay away from the simple carbs and eat something every 2-3hrs.