single? valentines day?

Options

Replies

• harrietlg
    Options
    we don't celebrate valentines as i've always been anti valentines day, cook yourself a nice meal and watch a good film, thats pretty much what i do every year
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, the going out and buying yourself a steak seems like the best option! Yummy food. :)

throw in a Massage appointment before bed too. Now we are talking.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    S.A.D... Singles Awareness Day lol. In university I planned a few S.A.D. events :P

Suggestions:
    1. go to the bulk barn and get some discount candy, single people deserve chocolate too :)
    2. watch a movie... not a romantic movie, something scary/funny/dramatic, etc
    3. bake heart shaped sugar cookies, write your ex's name on them, bake... and break in half :P Yummy and can have a few laughs with some single friends while doing this :)
    4. gather some friends and treat yourself to your favorite restaurant/meal
    5. Hit the gym (its all about YOU loving YOU today)
    6. Volunteer- some people sit at home being sad and lonely all day, volunteering can remind you that life probably isn't that bad
    7. work (what I will be doing lol).

I have a bf this year, but I don't think we will be doing anything, I don't even really expect a card. I think Valentine's Day seems more important./more obvious when you are single (ironic isn't it lol). I know he loves me, a $5 card won't change that lol.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, the going out and buying yourself a steak seems like the best option! Yummy food. :)

ill make myself a nice heart steak have some beer and whiskey with my kitties, watch pretty in pink so i know who the hell ducky is lol and find one of my single therapist to come massage me, oh and ill buy my own damn flowers :):flowerforyou:
  • Kattamer81
    Options
    I got out with my sister or girl friends for dinner/movie/girls night out!
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    S.A.D... Singles Awareness Day lol. In university I planned a few S.A.D. events :P

Suggestions:
    1. go to the bulk barn and get some discount candy, single people deserve chocolate too :)
    2. watch a movie... not a romantic movie, something scary/funny/dramatic, etc
    3. bake heart shaped sugar cookies, write your ex's name on them, bake... and break in half :P Yummy and can have a few laughs with some single friends while doing this :)
    4. gather some friends and treat yourself to your favorite restaurant/meal
    5. Hit the gym (its all about YOU loving YOU today)
    6. Volunteer- some people sit at home being sad and lonely all day, volunteering can remind you that life probably isn't that bad
    7. work (what I will be doing lol).

I have a bf this year, but I don't think we will be doing anything, I don't even really expect a card. I think Valentine's Day seems more important./more obvious when you are single (ironic isn't it lol). I know he loves me, a $5 card won't change that lol.
    great ideas thank u !!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Haven't you ever seen Pretty in Pink? He could be your Ducky.

will you be my Ducky?

Rubber ducky, you're the one.

This means: Always use a rubber kids.

You make bathtime lots of fun. Rubber Duckie, I'm awfully fond of youuuuuu.....
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Get over it and dont think about it.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    Is this a thing. Valentines Day is the stupidest dumbest ridiculous day in the universe. I'll do whatever I normally do. It is NOT a holiday. And, it is NOTHING to celebrate. G damn Hallmark.
    then ont click on the fourms labled valentines day??? just a common sense suggestion
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    "Table for one sir??"
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If I was single I would treat the hell out of myself...
    do whatever I wanted... If i wanted to go to the bar or that fancy Greek restaurant u bet ur balls I'm going.
    I couldn't stay at home.
    I would most likely go to the greek restaurant order lots of food and then after do girlie things
  • Kattamer81
    Options
    Just don't forget that March 14th is Steak and BJ day for the guys!! :D
  • Timshel_
    Options
    ill make myself a nice heart steak have some beer and whiskey with my kitties, watch pretty in pink so i know who the hell ducky is lol and find one of my single therapist to come massage me, oh and ill buy my own damn flowers :):flowerforyou:

I think I have projected my perfect Vday on ya. lol. Well, I don't need flowers though, and I have seen pretty in pink. I'll take Sherlock Holmes though.
  • whitneyps7
    Options
    "Table for one sir??"
    :laugh: haha i already feel akward when i take myself out to diner on a "regular day"
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Just don't forget that March 14th is Steak and BJ day for the guys!! :D

That is REALLY hard to celebrate alone.
    Just sayin'. I ain't that hung or flexible.
  • tinajean141
    Options

YESSS....and a mani pedi before the massage. Heck, okay! Here's the best plan.

Hair cut
    mani pedi
    massage
    steak
    movie in bed with a bottle of wine

Perfect night :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Is this a thing. Valentines Day is the stupidest dumbest ridiculous day in the universe. I'll do whatever I normally do. It is NOT a holiday. And, it is NOTHING to celebrate. G damn Hallmark.
    then ont click on the fourms labled valentines day??? just a common sense suggestion

This poster has a point, though.. it's a fact that Valentine's Day is a holiday perpetuated and promoted by Russel Stovers and Hallmark to convince people to spend money they don't need to spend.

If you love someone, show them you care on other days of the year. If you are not in love with someone, just have a normal day. (and don't forget to go to Walgreens late that night to get the best of the half price candy!)
  • whitneyps7
    Options

YESSS....and a mani pedi before the massage. Heck, okay! Here's the best plan.

Hair cut
    mani pedi
    massage
    steak
    movie in bed with a bottle of wine

Perfect night :drinker:

sounds like a kick *kitten* night to me. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    "Table for one sir??"
    :laugh: haha i already feel akward when i take myself out to diner on a "regular day"

I get asked that question a lot! lol

It's another day, don't sweat it.

I think it should be reversed, in fact in my next relationship I am going to try that!! I'm going to love and spoil them 364 days of the year (like any real man should) and then on Valentines day, we can spend the day apart and have some chill time.