single? valentines day?

Options

Replies

• cadillacfrank
    cadillacfrank Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Date would be fun regardless of the day, but if you would rather be alone. Have a nice dinner, get a movie you've been meaning to see and relax.

the thing for me is i dont like being out on vday because of all the "love" stuff around it annoys me, i guess im not a "lovey" type of person haha and not to mention i dont like the guys who have asked me out and i would hate to be viewed as a couple when we are definatly not lol. maybe movie and wine wth my kitties? lol

can't even watch television without being bombarded by it. Every other commercial during the hockey game is some fool buying a ring.

I may just go get hammered and call it a cheat day
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Is this a thing. Valentines Day is the stupidest dumbest ridiculous day in the universe. I'll do whatever I normally do. It is NOT a holiday. And, it is NOTHING to celebrate. G damn Hallmark.

I cracked up at this post because it reflects my thoughts, but with far more vehemence than I usually throw in!!!

V-Day is what you want it to be. Ignore it or don't, either way is OK.

My vote: steak/wine/movie sounds effing awesome.
  • tinajean141
    Options
    "Table for one sir??"

What the wait(ress/or) should do is just start sitting single parties at a table together. That way you could at least meet some interesting folks and have good company for your meal on, what many people think of as, the loneliest day of the year!
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ok so game plan:
    -mani/pedi
    -massage
    -heart shaped steak
    -beer/whiskey/wine
    -kitties
    -pretty in pink.

problem solved!!!! lol thank you for all that put in an effort to help me and not be rude/obvious:flowerforyou: hope yall have a happy valentines day with your hubby or if your single rock it up like im going to do
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I usually do a girls night for V day. Make something really fancy, watch a movie and drink a bit of rum.

Anything will be better than last year, boyfriend broke up with me day before Valentines. So this year will be much better.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Just treat it like any other day, who cares?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have a boyfriend and it's one week before our anniversary, so we just always combine the occasions and celebrate on our anniversary. Five years so far and it has worked for us. I don't personally see valentine's day as anything special, but if you're stressed about it definitely treat yourself!
    Him and I work opposite shifts on that day anyway :tongue:
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I are gonna go out for a sushi date :)
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I dont mind being single tbf, ill have plenty of years worth of valentines day in the future so treat yourself on the years your single lol! I am going to watch Die hard as its out in the cinema in the UK that day and eat popcorn and lindor chocolate. Can't think of anything better really! :laugh:

sounds like an amazing day to me!!! lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    My best friend and I are gonna go out for a sushi date :)

I love sushi!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Do something that makes you feel effing fantastic! I'm going to enjoy a gym & hot tub & wine!
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Horror movies and take out chinese food.
    This year will be tough - I don't know of any healthy chinese food...
    Might have to suck it up for tradition.
  • QuickShot18
    QuickShot18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm single & haven't been asked at all XD I'll buy myself some chocolate & call it a day unless I get asked out before V-day.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I should make myself get a date just like I made myself go out on New Year's Eve, but I'm just not feeling it. I just don't care. I should, though, before the weather gets all hot and I don't have any energy to care about anything until November rolls around again.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Horror movies and take out chinese food.
    This year will be tough - I don't know of any healthy chinese food...
    Might have to suck it up for tradition.
    Most have the 'diet' dish of broccoli and chicken w/ rice and they serve the sauce on the side. It's delicious! And then order a spring roll anyway because they're delicious :tongue:
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well, I am upset because my boyfriend was supposed to be back from India by Valentines, and I've never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day give me anything, and he found out, so now he is sending me gifts in the mail, and is sending me flowers to my job....He wanted me to take the day off, but I told him that would be pointless, and he has been gone for over 6 months!!! I will have a lonely VDay, but it will be a good one too!!! :wink:

If I were you though, I would just treat myself for the day!!! Wine, steak, and a bath & bubbles!!! lol
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It's just a normal day. Do what you would usually do.

This.

I'll be hanging with Jim.. Jim hates it when I call him GYM.. LOL
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    so im single, and its going to be valentines day soon,.....I dont know what I should do. I have been asked out...... but unless im "with" someone I wont go on a date on v-day, just how I am, also all my friends are taken or married and I would defiantly not want to be the 3rd wheel. so what could I do alone? maybe rent a movie and just hang out? any ideas? what are all my single MFP buddies doing for vday?

I'll be attending a Valentine's Day-themed bash on the 9th (hosted by a friend of mine), which I'll exit soon enough after making my niceties, so for the 14th I've volunteered (with my sister) to co-host a "Gift of Love" party for the Little Ones of our neighbourhood (with some help obviously - a lot actually), whilst their parents can work their romance this Valentine's.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Getting wasted and sleeping with a buddy.

It happens.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I am newly single and my plan was to invite my girl cousins to a movie.. Just a girl's night out :)