WAHmbulance thread - NonScaleDEmotivators

Options
13»

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    The comment had nothing to do with you. He was simply saying something positive about someone else. Not everything your man is going to say is going to be related to you and your goals. You look great, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't meaning it as a backhanded insult.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my bf learned about being clueless right after I became a complete ***** when he mentioned a hottie at work who was a "gym bunny". He's a very supportive, encouraging guy, and wasn't saying I was less than her...but it pissed me off just the same, and set me back a bit.
    and it isn't a "wahbulance", we all need to vent at times.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Meh, I reconsidered.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was feeling pretty good about myself last week. Smaller, even. I was talking to a co-worker and he mentioned another co-worker I know telling him that I had "line-backer arms". The name came from ANOTHER male co-worker a couple months before. Then the guy I was talking to proceeded to tell me I had "running-back legs". Pretty much felt like a double hit to the face, and I seriously almost cried.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    jof, you were right.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    jof, you were right.

QFT
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend doesn't say anything... he just breaks his neck looking at other women. When I call him on it he says I'm just as attractive "just in a less obvious way"

Ouch. Geez.

After nookie, tell him he's just as big, "just in a less obvious way"
  • SleepingBeauty12345
    Options
    im in the same boat! i look in the mirror and all i see is flaws.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Uh... so you allow your boyfriend to talk about how hot/sexy other women are and you don't say anything about it? This is an odd concept to me...

Sorry but I nipped that ish in the bud, so to speak, at the very beginning of my relationship. I find it extremely disrespectful for a man whom I am dating/sleeping with/married to etc to go on and on about other women to me. If he loves me he should be looking at how hot I am, not how hot some coworker is and SURELY not telling me about how hot she is. That's just plain rude!

ETA: Sorry just read the comment where you said you did say something about it to him. You aren't too sensitive, that's BS. You're NORMAL. No woman would like that.