30 Day Shred.. Starting 1/28/13

Options

Replies

• cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of level one. This workout is AWESOME especially for me who usually gets super bored working out and lose interested quickly, I am hoping to move to level 2 on day 7 or 8! Have people seen major results?
  • ladyvol3
    ladyvol3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started today! Whew! What a workout.
  • skyebunny
    Options
    Day 8 Level one for me... so looks like i started the same day you guys did.... i was sitting there this morning thinking that i was only on like day 6 or 7 and then calculated and worked out that its actually day 8 today so im stoked, looking forward to starting level 2 soonish, like other people i am also starting to get bored of level 1. I think the major thing for me is getting myself up early enough before work to do this workout, im not a morning person but i have been getting up to do this everyday. Time is not an excuse if it is something that you are wanting to do. Challenge yourself! Even on day 8 i still want to yell at her doing the bicycle crunches! lol
    I just found Jillians Yoga dvd today also... i have never done yoga and i dont know how i will go with my knees but i might give it a good today and see how it goes. I watched the first 5 minutes just to check it out and i can see that i am going to be falling over everywhere... i have cleared a big enough space just in case
  • cookiemahnster
    cookiemahnster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 6 for me...I decided to bump up to Level 2! Much better for me - this one is a struggle, and I like that. I'm excited to get better and take fewer breaks!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Just finished my last day of L1 this morning - ready for L2 tomorrow!
  • ShellB8585
    ShellB8585 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My long weekend extended longer than anticipated so had 4 rest days instead of 2 :s i'm thinking of doing morning and evening sessions for the rest of this week to make up for it and so i dont feel so guilty
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Ok.I did Day 1/Level one today.I feel good :happy:
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    L1 D6 done. Very hard today as I had to do it after work, when I was already exhausted from the longest day ever. Dinner time now, yay!

Have a lovely evening folks xx
  • sdleischner
    sdleischner Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ill giver a go, starting a few days later than the rest of you. Ill start tonight! before and after pics, and measurments included.
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    @ Danette. I thought I was the only one that struggled that much on level one when I completed it last year. I was ashamed I was that out of shape at only 40.....

Then one day I got up and started level 1 and it was too easy so I moved on.

I still incorporate her level 3 workout with my weightlifting days to get my cardio in. It's truly one of my fave workouts. When you are ready for another challenge after finishing this (and YOU WILL!) you can try The Biggest Losers cardio max. At first it was hard too, but it was inspiring to see the "regular" people on the video want something so much and work so hard. Those are def my two favorite workouts.

I wish you success on your journey.
  • Bexiblueberry
    Bexiblueberry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    L1D9 cant believe how quickly this has gone. time is flying! almost didn't do it today, had a really long day working on a show and my feet are killing me! But I had some bad foods today so I chose to do it even if it meant I didn't put as much into it.
  • fozzgirl
    fozzgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new at mfp and also doing the 30 day shred..quick question...how do i calculate in the exercise tab calories burned for the 30 day shred video? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just not sure how to record it. Thanks!
  • AshleyMertes
    Options
    I did this for almost a week, however...had wisdom teeth surgery and was unable to do crazy activity for few days...and then fell off the bandwagon. Today I started the 30 Day Shred again and used myfitnesspal. I love both of these! I can't wait to see how much I lose whether it's pounds, inches or both! I'm around 273lbs and am 5'6"...pretty embarrassing but that's why I'm here :) follow me if you would like!
  • AshleyMertes
    Options
    I had the same question. I was told to log in under cardio as "circuit training" for 20 min since the first 5 and last 5 are warmup/cool downs :) hope that helped!
  • AshleyMertes
    Options
    I'm new at mfp and also doing the 30 day shred..quick question...how do i calculate in the exercise tab calories burned for the 30 day shred video? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just not sure how to record it. Thanks!

I had the same question. I was told to log in under cardio as "circuit training" for 20 min since the first 5 and last 5 are warmup/cool downs :) hope that helped!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just finished my last day of L1 this morning - ready for L2 tomorrow!

Same here!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Checking in.. I started today. It was okay, not too unbearable. I bought a HRM and it told me exactly how many cals I burned. I went for a light jog right after too for 20 min, while it was snowing. I did not want to end the workout feeling there was more I could do. Proud day for sure.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    D1L1 down the hatch. I do hate jumping jacks. I am already sore and that is a good feeling.

Hope its ok to join in late!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 6, I'm kind of proud of myself for sticking to this, I'm even looking into other workout videos to change it up a bit now and then so I don't get bored :) I think I'll measure again sunday or maybe monday.. i don't want to measure too often because I want to see some results :D
  • mindovercakes
    mindovercakes Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    L1 D7 done. Woo hoo, a week on this and it looks as though I haven't give up yet!! :happy: