Am I the only girl who believes this?

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    This will sound harsh, but it's what I thought.

Girl? Probably not.
    Woman? Yeah, probably.

I think if someone has an enemy either they have an insecurity issue, or the enemy has.
  • nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Maybe she is better than you, is that really such a big deal? Everything is relative after all. You're never going to be happy and confident if you continually bench mark yourself against other people. The sad thing is, this girl probably doesn’t think twice about you, maybe you could learn something from her and take your bf’s comment as feedback.

Long story short, your boyfriend believes what he said, deal with it or move on and hide in a little bubble if you don’t like his opinion.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I think telling my wife my ex was better in bed makes her try harder...

Lmao...amazing wife
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Do you dress up in spandex with your underwear on top sometimes?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    You should write about it in your slam book.

This thread is sooo fetch.
  • cazwigan
    Options
    I also believe you shouldn't share every minor dispute with the internet...
    [/quote

I totally agree with this]
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I love Gossip Girl!

Wait... That was what we were talking about, right?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Truth triumphs over lies; If you are worse than something than said person and nobody ever tells you, you will never try to improve: if the opposite is done, I'm sure a significant amount of effort would be put into making yourself better than said person.
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    In general guys say stupid things to women all the time, which is usually a blunt statement of what we perceive as the truth. I do it as well. No amount of practice will avoid this.

I think you should give the guy a chance to explain or apologize if he hurt your feelings. I notice the first thing most women say is dump him. If you follow that advice, there will be very few or no perfect guys (unless he is mute) for you to date.

Instant messaging makes it much worse. When the guy misspeaks, he is now battling you and 15 friends on instant messaging. He has no chance.

Good luck.
    Am I the only girl that believes a boyfriend should NEVER tell his girlfriend that her worst enemy is better than her in ANY way?

Probably a childish question, but I'm curious...
  • zepdig
    zepdig Posts: 155
    Options
    "how dare you say positive things about my nemesis!!!"
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    ahhh you shame us early 20 somethings
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP is long gone but since she's only 24, chooses MyWeigh for a user name...I'm sure some selfishness comes into play here. The comment from the boyfriend would have been overlooked by someone with some experience with relationships as we all know hurtful things can be said when nothing mean was meant by the statement...it's all about communication and learning to live with another human being. She needs to take to heart the quote she used on her profile. Nuff said. :drinker:
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif

I don't think this one got the recognition it deserves. ^6 cause 5 just wasn't sufficient. :smile:
  • c2h5m8h6
    c2h5m8h6 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Do you want a boyfriend who will lie to you and tell you what you want to hear? Or do you want a boyfired who will tell you the truth? Someone you can trust what he tells you.

Well Said
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I think telling my wife my ex was better in bed makes her try harder...

Lol that's the spirit!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif

Scarily; reminds me of this...

Charles-manson.gif
  • natm91
    natm91 Posts: 39
    Options
    Men don't think let him know and im sure he would reassure you my boyfriend does it... i get upset he apologises and 8/10 he said your perfect and i wouldn't change a thing men need boundaries but if he continues or he doesnt sound sincere during the convo then give him a boot cus being put down isnt good :)
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bah...people and their petty weirdness. If he says any of the following, then consider leaving:

-"I only hit you because you're pretty when you cry."
    -"I caught herpes from a hooker while I was away on business."
    -"Your face is so pretty...it would look so much better stretched over mine."
    -"It puts the lotion on the skin!"

If none of the aforementioned (or something similar) have been uttered, you'll be just fine.

:laugh:
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    wAuwF.gif

Scarily; reminds me of this...

Charles-manson.gif

Is it just me or could George Carlin pass for Charles Manson without a *kitten* ton of makeup required?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Men don't think let him know and im sure he would reassure you my boyfriend does it... i get upset he apologises and 8/10 he said your perfect and i wouldn't change a thing men need boundaries but if he continues or he doesnt sound sincere during the convo then give him a boot cus being put down isnt good :)

here, take some of these ................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'''''''''''''

it looks like you were all out of them. free of charge.