Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• tmcoyle
    tmcoyle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and it definitely is harder to lose the winter pounds like I used to. You can add me as I'm on here every day looking for motivation and love seeing results. This really does work.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: 48 and losing 140lbs.......well 126 now :happy:
  • Exqitblkprl
    Exqitblkprl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 57 and have 49 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi - 45 and trying to loose 20 to 30 and get in great shape for the rest of my life.

Feel free to add me.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yep 47 and 25 to 30 pounds to go

Feel free to add
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Fifty and working on 150 plus to lose (started at 230 to lose).
  • lorih307
    Options
    I'm 49 and trying to get "fit before fifty," because it's never too late, LOL! I went through early menopause when I was 42 and ballooned up three sizes because I was an over-eating slug. :tongue:

I did weight watchers last year and lost 30, but ten have crept back on and I'd love to drop 15 pounds this time around. I've found that MFP works very much like Weight Watchers, so I'm trying this route because it's cheaper, LOL!

I think you'll find our groups very supportive. Welcome aboard!
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 and I have about 20 lbs to lose and it just doesn't fall off like it use to ☺
    You can add me, all are welcome :)
  • SheriF49
    SheriF49 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sheri. I will be 50 at the end of May and am battling, I started about 5 weeks ago and would like to lose at least 40lbs by my bday. That will be my 1/2 way mark :) Feel free to add me.
  • AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am 49 and will be 50 the end of April. Just started this journey of a new healthy life 2 weeks ago. Still have over 100 lbs. I want to get rid of, but I am determined to do that in the next year! Feel free to add me.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Feel free to join our group for women over 40!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I'm 42, and have lost almost 30 lbs since I started trying to lose again.. I still have about 40 to go .. maybe more... I'm reevaluating my goal daily

Anyone can feel free to add !

Good luck all
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    No I'm good. You must not have gotten the memo that when you turn 50 you have to turn in all your extra weight! I'm surprised we are not on page 15 here! Yes we are here we are fat and we are going to lose it all!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I am 41. I am losing some weight and getting into shape post surgery last May. I only have a couple more pounds. Feel free to add me if you want more friends!
  • suzannetoner
    suzannetoner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51 does that count? LOL

I joined MFP December and have lost 21lb, got a way to go yet but I will get there, feel free to add me
  • tsquare88
    tsquare88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tammy & I'm 48. I've lost 101 lbs so far (in 2 1/2 yrs) & need to continue working on my goal to lose another 75 lbs. A friend told me about this website & I think it's great. Feel free to add me! I know I can always use some encouragement!
  • HeatherTB2012
    HeatherTB2012 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 43 years old, trying to lose 20 pounds...I'm a soccer/hockey mom, a school teacher, a horseback rider - living in Eastern Canada - feel free to add me if you'd like!:happy:
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yep. changed eating habits and on 2nd round of P90X. Age is just a number. If you want it, get it. I am in the best shape I've been in in 30 years. Good luck to you!
  • blanhe2
    Options
    Still 44 (just about), lost 100lbs another 100 or so to go.

Btw... age is a state of mind, I will be 23 forever... I just need to convince my body of the same :)
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 44 and trying to get fit, anyone feel free to add me, we can do it!!!!