Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• satishpendse
    satishpendse Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    HI, I am 47 and already lost 29 lbs. Want to lose another 8 lbs to achieve my goal.
  • DTClarke
    DTClarke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to lose 85 lbs. Yes, it's a journey but in the end I'll be in the best shape of my life !!
  • susantullock
    susantullock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI there! Ii'm 45 turning 46 this month. I just quit smoking Jan 1st (After starting again becase i had gained so much weight from quitting the 1st time).

But now i've quite again this time for good!

I had 200 pounds to loose but i've lost 9 this month so i have 191 to go. Seems like a number that is too big to handle so i try to think of it in smaller chuncks.

I'm only 46 but take medication for blood pressure, depression and starting down the road to bad colesterol and i'm pre diabetic. I want these ailments out of my life for good and i know the only way to do it is to shift this weight off of me. (i can say things like "shift the weight" because i lived in England for a year so i'm honorary) LOL :)

It's great to hear from so many folks in my age bracket with some of the same struggles that are motivated! I just wonder how many out there have a battle as large as mine and if so have they been successful?

-Susan
  • Skiing914
    Options
    Hell yeah! I think you definitely tapped into a huge market with that question! 48 and counting here!! :happy:
  • leadycd
    leadycd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am 52 and trying to lose. :sad:
  • MissySn
    MissySn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and I have lost 72 over the last year and have 10 (at least) more to go!!! :smile:
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and have 30 kg to lose, have been on here a few months and lost 10 so far :)
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm another who's trying to look less round before I hit the round number (50).

Been at this since the beginning of January; the ticker tells the tale.
  • cherham
    Options
    50 is the new 30!!! I am 50 and at my goal weight! Feeling better than I did when I was 25!!!!:smooched:
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm a 59 year old plus 2, do I fit in ?
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Getting there! I'm 53, menopausal, and have been on MFP since Sept. 2012. It CAN be done! :drinker:
  • DonnaCarmody
    DonnaCarmody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Almost 54 and yes its such a battle at this age
  • latonya41
    latonya41 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, trying to loose 50 lbs! Lost 10 so far....!
  • MaisyV66
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 this year and have set myself a target of losing 49lbs. Only started with MFP this week so wish me luck!
    :wink:
  • wibblywobblygirl
    Options
    I'm here in SW Virginia! I'll be 45 in June...lost almost 80 pounds in the past 2 years, but after the holidays this past year I've put about 10 back on. Ugh! :angry: My problem is getting motivated to MOVE MOVE MOVE! I don't know if I was meant to be a skinny girl, but I darn sure wasn't meant to be a fat one...at least not anymore! LOL Feel free to add me...the more support we all have, the better! :bigsmile:
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes!

I'm 43, one month in and 21 pounds down! Loving MFP! Accountability is soooo key!

Feel free to add me!
  • ROSIEH65
    ROSIEH65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI there! Ii'm 45 turning 46 this month. I just quit smoking Jan 1st (After starting again becase i had gained so much weight from quitting the 1st time).

But now i've quite again this time for good!

I had 200 pounds to loose but i've lost 9 this month so i have 191 to go. Seems like a number that is too big to handle so i try to think of it in smaller chuncks.

I'm only 46 but take medication for blood pressure, depression and starting down the road to bad colesterol and i'm pre diabetic. I want these ailments out of my life for good and i know the only way to do it is to shift this weight off of me. (i can say things like "shift the weight" because i lived in England for a year so i'm honorary) LOL :)

It's great to hear from so many folks in my age bracket with some of the same struggles that are motivated! I just wonder how many out there have a battle as large as mine and if so have they been successful?

-Susan

Hey Susan,

You've lost 9 lb !!! You no longer have 200 lb to lose !!!!
    You'l get there, bit by bit.
    Definately think in smaller chunks. I personally would rather go up the way.
    I lost4lb, then 3lb, 7lb so far. Now I'm at 16lb so far.
    It's easier to see that small number getting bigger than a big number
    getting smaller, but whatever work for you !!
  • GroovyGirl69
    GroovyGirl69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 and need to lose at least 40 lbs. Add me !
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 40 in April...You can add me
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Me :smile:
    I'm 46 with a goal weight loss of 50 pounds (10 down so far.)