Your all doing it wrong!

Options
1235»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I get a slightly higher BMR number with the BF, but the calorie guidelines are within 27 calores/day of what I get from MFP.

All of these methods are based on models. One works better than another for you depending on how close your body is to the model they are using or how much you can adjust the model to fit you in particular.

I have averaged a pound a week with MFP, so their model seems to fit me pretty well.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You're *
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    MFP calls their calculator a BMR calculator, but then it also asks you your level of activity, giving you a TDEE estimate. What MFP calls BMR is not actual BMR.

KM is said to be a more accurate estimate because it also asks you what your body fat % is, not just an estimate on your height/weight/age.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Bump. Because this is really good info and needs to be moved to the top!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Bump. Because this is really good info and needs to be moved to the top!

It's good info for some people, but horrible for others. The best way to calculate TDEE is to log consistently over a period of time.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Don't know if its been said yet but MFP uses Miffin-St Jeor equations to work out your BMR

(Copy and pasted from here...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator)

Our calculator uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equations to estimate your BMR which is believed to be more accurate than the more commonly used Harris-Benedict equation.