Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge Results?

Options

Replies

• XDiet_SlayerX
    Options
    Great for weight loss bad for body builders. I tried it a month ago and was not pleased. Some girl at my job is trying to push them on the other trainers to buy for 49 dollars or more. And I never pay for supplements that are that pricey.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Results of Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge? Loss of good money. Not all that great tasting. And nothing in the way of weight loss.
  • laurenlynn82
    laurenlynn82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to do the hard work of loosing weight I'd rather do it while eating real food. And they kinda seem like a pyramid scheme to me anyway.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I blogged my whole 90 Day Challenge. I personally loved the challenge. I know there are a ton of other programs out there. But I chose this because the motivation I got, the ease of the system and personally, I loved the shakes. I was too lazy to cook 2 good meals a day. But I learned a lot over the 90 days on how to moderate my food. How to cut out the junk. Lost 24lbs, a bunch of inches and all around felt great. No matter what anyone else says, I did the 90 Days, I did it to the program, worked out daily and blogged the whole process. So for anyone to doubt it, go look at the results. http://www.justaloadofbs.com/2012/07/03/end-of-week-1-body-by-vi-challenge/ and you can read all 12 weeks and make your decision. Let me know if anyone has questions about it.

Thanks,
    Brad Shifflett

shifty..you have one post on here ever and it's just for this challenge?
  • kada6305
    kada6305 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started this week only been doing it for 4 days and I am already down 2.4 pounds!
  • Shaylam82
    Shaylam82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes and work out. I lose a reasonable amount of weight and am looking forward to long term benefits. My Dr. specifically told me to watch out for soy due to thyroid issues associated with it. Body by Vi is like the new Herbalife. The profiles are similar.
  • mblanchard0625
    mblanchard0625 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking the shakes off an on for a year, just for breakfast.
    This last month I was more diligent and I am down 9 lbs!
  • goldencat01
    goldencat01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree eating healthy and working out is what keeps it off long term. body by vi is a quick fix, but it is basically starving LOL. I am doing it for a jump start, with healthy snacks for convenience for two weeks, then back to healthy food. Sometimes that kick of heck yes I lost 10 lbs is enough to start really working at it. It is important to eat healthy with these shakes.
  • goldencat01
    goldencat01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    that is great!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This is inaccurate.

If it is not a fad diet than where are the clinical double blind trials to back it up............ that's right there are none Plain and simple it a meal replacement once you go off it, if you do not change how you were eating to begin with you will not maintain the weight loss. research shows that diets don't work and that what does work is a change in behavior and change in how we eat. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/67422.php
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    One thing to note is that the shakes are made with non organic soy (though I did hear they do not use GMO beans, which is good if it is true) and contains sucralose (splenda) as a sweetener. Soy can be a hormone disruptor when it is not fermented, especially for women. Be sure to research the ingredients and make an informed decision if these will be something you plan to consume on a daily basis, particularly if you plan on drinking them several times per day.

I am not a fan of meal replacements or protien shakes in general, but there are much healthier alternatives with higher quality ingredients than this that will yeild similar results.

Good luck!

Agreed. I don't think it's a great idea to eat anything excessively, but when it's proven to cause several different kinds of problems, I don't go out of my way to pound back cups full of it. I mean the majority get enough soy in their diet to begin with. Try to find a regular loaf of bread in a grocery store that doesn't contain it. It's in things such as breads, crackers, cakes, rolls, or pastries containing peanuts, peanut oil, soy flour, processed and "natural" cereals, pasta, soy beans, soybean sprouts, sauces, fruit drink mixes, fruit toppings, coffee substitutes instant coffee, hot cocoa mixes, malt beverages, pork link sausage, deli/luncheon meats, commercially prepared meats (used as a meat extender), cheese substitutes, tofu, bean curd, textured vegetable protein, canned soups, commercial entrees, and combination foods, baked goods, such as cakes or cookies which contain soy flour, commercial ice creams and other frozen desserts, Hard candies, nut candies, fudge, and caramels, protein powders (even ones that are not soy protein based), margarine and butter substitutes salad dressings, mayonnaise, sauces, or gravies, Commercial vegetarian products and meat substitutes Heinz® Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins® sauce, fermented soybean pastes (miso and natto), soy sauce, tamari sauce, granola, breakfast bars, Imitation bacon bits, Roasted soybeans or "soy nuts"...
    http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/allergy/soy.html - Children's Hospital at Standford

There are many nutrients in soy that are wonderful, but it's added to so many of our foods these days, one hardly needs it added to their diet: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/labelling-food-packaging-and-storage/soy/eng/1332437930120/1332437995901 It's to the point that it's a big deal to not have soy in your food, so they put a big bold label on the front.

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIn2L90wA8&amp;feature=player_embedded <-worth watching

reads:
    Soy and the Thyroid (hormonal problems): http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
    Thyroid/Cancer/Soy: http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/kdaniel/2012/02/02/thyroid-cancer-on-the-rise-is-soy-a-cause/
    Pro Soy Cancer Doctor is even frightened by the facts: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/tofu.aspx

Studys:
    soys link to cognitive impairment and brain atrophy: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10763906?dopt=Abstract
    Soy info, Brain Damage and breast cancer: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx
    How to prevent thyroid disease: http://www.ehow.com/how_5678448_prevent-thyroid-disease.html

There are better references out there you can look up yourself or asked an informed doctor about them.

There are also many books out there talking about the negative affects of soy...I think the popular one is called "The truth about soy" or something and then there are the ones mentioned in the links above.

Also, there's different types of soy. Not all of them have been proven bad (which you'll get if you read the links and video).

That on top of all the links I could put down on the negative affects of low calorie diets...I think body by vi should be a giant nono.

You don't need to pay a chunk of change to lose weight, it's just a giant waist if you ask me. I could give the average human being all kinds of good info to lose wight for free without ever feeling hungry.

If you're not really doing the diet and you're just drinking the shakes because its a lazy quick way to get food into you, there are cheaper alternatives.

I have a bit of a girl crush on you right now!!! THANK YOU!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It's another MLM scheme that targets folks that either don't want to try to do it themselves, don't know how to, or don't care enough to figure out how to do it.

You don't have to do shakes to lose weight. Period.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It's another MLM scheme that targets folks that either don't want to try to do it themselves, don't know how to, or don't care enough to figure out how to do it.

Seriously. The truth.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Seriously. The truth.

I agree with this. Maybe it's just me, but after spending money since my early teens on fads, pills, etc...I'm glad I realized that I can lose weight for free..lol. In a way it ticks me off when I think of all that money down the drain but hey..lesson learned - better late than never :)

But best of luck to those doing it. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 90 day challenge. With summer, trips and my fair share of cheating I lost 10 lbs, but I lost almost 20 inches, starting weight 166 down to 156. I drank did breakfast and lunch with a healthy dinner. The lack of weight loss is gain in muscle, I started a strength and cardio class going 4-5 times per week when I started my challenge. I am a person that likes that number on the scale too much, but I did take pictures, so it definitely works, definitely saw a great difference. I will do another 90 day challenge.
    Gains in muscle while on a calorie deficit are minimal at best (with the exception of being very overweight/obese, athlete returning to lifting after a long lay off, a newbie who has NEVER exercised before).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options

1. It is physically impossible to tone. You can build, maintain, or destroy muscle mass, you can not however tone.

Sorry, but huh? What is toning if not building muscle? Call it toning or building, both have the result of... harder, prettier muscles. Is there some other definition of toning that I'm unaware of? Semantics, I suppose.
    There is no definition. Many people have a subjective view of what "toning" is. Some say to look skinny with a little muscle. Some say to have hard muscles, but not have them show. Some say no muscle and no abs showing at all. If you look at the history of the word, it' was basically made up by the fitness industry to try to trick females into lifting weights, but not make it seem as if it were "manly".
    You can "tone up" muscle, but you don't actually "tone" it or have a "tone" body. Look it up in the dictionary. Is it semantics? Probably, but personally I'd like people to know correct information rather than listen to what people think is correct. Kinda like eating 1200 calories a day is the way people should lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ANY program will work if it's followed correctly. Thing is most people want the program done for them already, rather than try to actually figure out a lifelong program they can actually do and stick to on their own.
    Calorie deficit is what's happening. Same can happen with MFP if the same effort is put into it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love the Challenge! It's a great way to jumpstart your weightloss and get all the nutriton you need. Idk about others but I have a hard time meeting all the nutritional and vitamin recomendations when I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. I just do. Vi shakesreally help with that. They taste good and they are good for you. I also love that a healthy lifestyle is so important to the Vi community. Everyone is so excited to get healthy that you can't help but be energized and inspired. I saw a comment in a previous post that said, "who needs it?' its true, you probably can get the same results by eating healthy and exercising, but if there is a challenge or a product that helps you on your journey, why not?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    ..but if there is a challenge or a product that helps you on your journey, why not?
    because living off of some miracle shake isn't teaching people how to eat and live for life.

also, there's no "jumpstart."

plus, it's a MLM designed just to make tons of cash for the "coach" folks that push that stuff harder that drugs on a playground. I'd rather not suffer through a liquid VLCD diet just to see some schmuck driving a new BMR around.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I notice people who into the Body by vi do what you should do. Most people have said they exercise. And have mentioned a healthy Dinner. Another poster said about the healthy lifestyle they are promoting.

This Site promotes all that for free :) and it's cheaper to buy more fruits and veggies. And I don't cook three meals a day :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!