Spouse Trying to Sabotage Weight Loss

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Valentine's Day is a perfect opportunity to do this right! A huge box of chocolates and a French dinner would be a great kick off to your sabotage! You can wrap it all up with love and spoon feed her an eclair to top it off.

Excellent advice. Cloak all of your nefarious motives in romance. If you feed her high-fat foods while giving her roses, she will never notice.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Sounds like you have reason to fear the male attention she's getting. Lacking, eh?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm really sorry that your wife has been so insensitive. You could really use a hug.

Maybe you can talk her into cutting her calories so low that she goes into starvation mode.

She'll gain a ton.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    I'm with you 100% OP.

My wife lost weight and now she's dating a guy 10 years younger (19!)

I liked the food scale idea.

I would also start switching the low fat milk for the whole fat milk. You have to do this slowly so she doesn't notice the full fat goodness of the milk. I learned that the hard way.

Add bacon bits and avocado to your salads.

Make really negative remarks when she tries on clothing.

This is REALLY helpful. Thank you. I hadn't considered the negative remarks but I'm usually really supportive so I'm worried about her figuring it out if my behaviors change. But the idea of switching out full fat stuff for the 'guilt free' seems like a really great way to go.

Also, both "Wenchilada" and "Sunsntatheart" or whatever both saw the most obvious solution. Duh, Valentines. Get points AND get ahead.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    I'm with you 100% OP.

I would also start switching the low fat milk for the whole fat milk. You have to do this slowly so she doesn't notice the full fat goodness of the milk. I learned that the hard way.

YOU DID NOT TELL ME YOU WERE MARRIED.

Please delete the photos I sent you. I respect marriage and the right to sabotage that all partners enjoy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Add some sugar to everything she drinks.

^ this for the win. lots and lots of sugar.

fvcy6w.gif

that might be too much sugar. just watching this gif gave me the diabeetus
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Add some sugar to everything she drinks.

^ this for the win. lots and lots of sugar.

fvcy6w.gif

that might be too much sugar. just watching this gif gave me the diabeetus

lmaoooooo
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    I've noticed that she's been getting a lot more "male" attention and it's starting to make me uncomfortable.

Do you mean that this excites you? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

heh
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,012 Member
    You're in luck!!
    Valentine's Day is just around the corner!!
    Buy her chocolate.
    Buy her ALL the chocolate!!! :flowerforyou:
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Yikes I thought this was a joke. :(

The issue is within yourself and if she is flirting back then you have some major issues and whether or not she is fat or skinjny there is trouble.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Hello - looking for some help and support. My wife and I have both been losing a lot of weight recently and have been pretty successful counting calories.

I've noticed that she's been getting a lot more "male" attention and it's starting to make me uncomfortable. I'm not the jealous type but does anyone have suggestions for how I can sabotage her weight loss? Like, change the settings on the food scale, or ?

Convert to Islam, make her wear the full body burqa, and have her walk three steps behind you.

Or get over yourself. She is more likely to leave you because of your attitude than her weight loss.

:noway:
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Don't sabotage her food. You need to sabotage her eating.

The way you do that is to belittle her gains. Mock her body shape. Make her feel like she's really not accomplishing enough and you are disgusted with her minimal gains. Tell her she's fat and criticize when she eats anything with a hint of fat in it.

That sounds counter productive, but trust me, she'll rapidly become resentful and will stop eating well out of spite. It will also lower her self esteem and she'll avoid situations where she could get compliments from other men, and finally, it will make her more dependent upon you.

If that fails, there's always gaslighting.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I'm with you 100% OP.

YOU DID NOT TELL ME YOU WERE MARRIED.

Please delete the photos I sent you. I respect marriage and the right to sabotage that all partners enjoy.

WAS married

and I'm keeping the photo
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Hello - looking for some help and support. My wife and I have both been losing a lot of weight recently and have been pretty successful counting calories.

I've noticed that she's been getting a lot more "male" attention and it's starting to make me uncomfortable. I'm not the jealous type but does anyone have suggestions for how I can sabotage her weight loss? Like, change the settings on the food scale, or ?

first off, you really need to get some control over your castle there, bub. why are you allowing your wife to walk outside alone in the first place? the house don't get spic and span by itself. she needs to be home. i get that she has to use some of the allowance you give her to go grocery shopping, but if you tell her she has to go in the late morning/early afternoon, she won't get any male attention because all the men will be at work.

secondly, it's "loosing weight" not "losing weight". get your grammer together, chief.

I'm not sure if this whole thread is a joke or not but it's amusing.

For the record it is 'losing' weight as in you lose weight, you don't loose it. Also to double the irony you started the next sentence without a capital G. To add to the irony a final correction, it is spelt 'grammar' not 'grammer'.

I could have made myself look incredibly stupid here if the comment is intentionally ironic, but that would only add to the hilarious-ness.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    "Ain't no body got time for that!"
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member

first off, you really need to get some control over your castle there, bub. why are you allowing your wife to walk outside alone in the first place? the house don't get spic and span by itself. she needs to be home. i get that she has to use some of the allowance you give her to go grocery shopping, but if you tell her she has to go in the late morning/early afternoon, she won't get any male attention because all the men will be at work.

secondly, it's "loosing weight" not "losing weight". get your grammer together, chief.

For the record it is 'losing' weight as in you lose weight, you don't loose it. Also to double the irony you started the next sentence without a capital G. To add to the irony a final correction, it is spelt 'grammar' not 'grammer'.

I could have made myself look incredibly stupid here if the comment is intentionally ironic, but that would only add to the hilarious-ness.

"Hilarious-ness?" Really?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Woo bro..when she finds this thread I'd hide...lmao. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

Convert to Islam, make her wear the full body burqa, and have her walk three steps behind you.

Or get over yourself. She is more likely to leave you because of your attitude than her weight loss.

:noway:

I think you're being REALLY unsupportive of the OP

He's clearly trying to save his marriage.

What's more important? That his wife looks good or that they stay happily married?
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Sounds like you have bigger issues in your relationship. Man Up
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member

"Hilarious-ness?" Really?

Why not? I'm still not sure if this whole thing is a joke. But I think it's hilarious.