Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• redjch
    redjch Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, I'm Judy! I'll be 52 years young in July and I want to lose about 20-25 lbs and get back in shape. I have found that the older I become, the more difficult it is to lose weight. but, I'm not going to give up this time!!
  • MelMel7j
    Options
    I'm soon to be 44 and just getting started on anew and healthier life. I have so many changes that are going on right now. I will be having a major surgery at the end of this month and have a goal to be 15 lbs lighter. I will be non active for 6-8 weeks after that so I need to start at a good point... I'm also trying to plan better meals. Thanks to all those that recommended cookinglight.com. (Tried the Philly cheesesteak two nights ago and I loved it and so did my Boyfriend and his daughter..)

Just moved to a new city and hoping to make some friends... Both here in the Salt Lake City area and at MFP...

Good luck everyone!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45 and I have lost 69 lbs....59 here on MFP and 10 before joining :)
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I park at the end of the parking lot at the mall...my 10 year old asked me why we can't park closer like other people. But hopefully I am instilling the need for exercise in her.
    I loved the post! I do the same thing and my daughter laughs at me all the time!
  • mhadams2668
    mhadams2668 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am and I need help! I am just huge!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    50 here!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 this year! I have 4 kids ages 8-29 and 4 grand kids ages 3-12! I have lost 26 pounds so far and am looking to lose another 40 pounds.

Anyone can add me as a friend!! I need all the help I can get.
  • mlandholt1
    Options
    I'm 50 and trying my best. Have lost 4 pounds since last week! Woohoo! I'm hoping I can keep myself going on this once I start work! Good luck to you all!
  • Momma258
    Options
    I am 54 years old and still trying to get slimmer. I have been on a diet-modification my entire life. Now my doctors want me on a gluten-free and casein (dairy)-free diet, and I am doing a medicinal de-tox for fibromyalgia. Hopefully this straightens me all out. Best of luck to everyone.
  • mamajulie6
    Options
    ME...I'm 43, six kids later and military wife, oh and thyroid disease! If that isn't a challenge I don't know what is. Struggling, but not giving up EVER! Add me and hopefully we can get through this together!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep ,, anyone can add me.
  • M_on_a_Mission
    M_on_a_Mission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and had about 30 lbs to lose. A little over half way there.
  • lwinters09
    lwinters09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am 51 and need to lose about 60 pounds. Please, please help.
  • Gusman14
    Options
    I turn 50 next month and was over 300 pounds after the New Year started, I was miserable, out of shape and hated where my life was going. MFP has been a Godsend for me and I am so glad to have it working with me. Good luck in your weight loss endeavor...
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and back on track again after losing 78lbs in 09/2010 which I let tragic things and life in general get in the way so I gained it back plus more ........but I can say I am back with more of a positive attitude and willpower....Good luck everyone and anyone is more than welcome to add me .. Thanks Megan
  • lisamalizia
    Options
    I'm 44 and have about 5 more pounds to lose! Add me as a friend if you like? :smile:
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Leann and I'm 42 and I have 20 more lbs to lose! I am a single mother of 2 and I am determined to go skydiving for my 43rd birthday!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am 46, a Mum of three and a Grandma to one, a few more lbs to lose and more tone to gain really
  • wntrbreez
    wntrbreez Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 & have 40 more pounds to lose. I certainly appreciate encouragement, as well. I find it very motivating to have friends on here that actually post comments from time to time to offer support. I will admit that I enjoy looking at other's daily food journals because it gives me ideas on low calorie meals......so feel free to add me.....but I prefer friends who have their site preferences to allow friends to view their journal. If that sounds like you (or anyone else wanting an online friend) please do forward me an ADD request. :) You can check out my profile for more info about me.
  • coldenkamp1022
    coldenkamp1022 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    52 year young, full-time grandmother here.. Keeping iup with my 2 year old grandson has been a huGe motivation to become the strong woman I was in my 40's. Please add me if you'd like. I'm not using menapause as an excuse any more for this extra weight on my tummy. i've been eating clean for a month and have dropped 12lbs. 20 more to go!