Just broke up. ...feeling my motivation slipping away.

Options

Replies

• shrinkingjackie
    Options
    My motivation is to see the look on my Ex's face when he realizes just how dumb he was to let me go over something so temporary like weight...but then I guess there is a reason why he is an X and I am a happier and healthier single!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    There are two schools of thought here:

1] Go work out. Smash *kitten*. Run hard. Let the emotions drive you, and when you're done you will feel AMAZING.

2] Stop at the store, grab some ice cream, get in your jammies and watch a good movie while you cry and eat the whole tub. Emotions are important - we need to feel them and acknowledge them... if you don't take some time to 'cry it out' now, you'll need to eventually.

My personal choice would be to do 1 and then 2, and feel like a rock star in the morning.

This, this, this!!! Best of both worlds
  • georgehatten1
    Options
    Just remember why you started doing this in the first place and with your new and improved figure you will be able to do much better than your ex.
  • happypath101
    Options
    Go for a walk, take a bath, go get a pedicure. Do what you need to treat yourself AND get away from food. You're probably not ready to think this way, but when you are, motivate yourself with how hot you'll look for your next date. (Again, when you are ready, which you are clearly not.) For now, focus on nurturing yourself and remind yourself that food can nurture or hurt you. Just like a man. Hmm... making good choices now makes for happiness and stability in the future. <HUGS>
  • LPDLPD
    LPDLPD Posts: 25
    Options
    keep on the diet and show your ex just how good you can look!
  • myturningpoint
    Options
    My ex and Isigned divorce papers in May of last year. August we had a briht ray of hope for rekindling our relationship. By October this was utterly crushed. The 45 pounds I had lost in trying to be a better person for him... I gained it back. It is now February adn I have only truly lost about 10 of those pounds... and I'm looking at summer.

You never ever gain anything by giving up. You only lose more progress.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would say use the hurt to motivate your workout. You may want to just go to bed and never leave it, but that won't help you. Use the negative energy and make it fuel your workout.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    You're emotional health and physical health are both very important.

Not all days are equal and sometimes one type of health needs to be placed above the other.

Listen to your heart and body and make the decision accordingly.

:flowerforyou:
  • gloryofthis
    gloryofthis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i didnt cope i regained 60lbs.... trust me, you dont wanna go down that road x
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There are two schools of thought here:

1] Go work out. Smash *kitten*. Run hard. Let the emotions drive you, and when you're done you will feel AMAZING.

2] Stop at the store, grab some ice cream, get in your jammies and watch a good movie while you cry and eat the whole tub. Emotions are important - we need to feel them and acknowledge them... if you don't take some time to 'cry it out' now, you'll need to eventually.

My personal choice would be to do 1 and then 2, and feel like a rock star in the morning.

^^This^^
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    HIS loss! I agree with the post go run! Do something using super high energy and you will be amazed how good you feel afterwards. Don't give up. :flowerforyou:

Personally I like to crank up the music super loud and dance.
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I wish I had some good advice for you. I've never dealt with a breakup (married the first guy I dated, no regrets!), but have had some serious issues come up between my husband and I that I allowed to push me off track. At that point my starting weight was lower than this time around, and I'd lost 20+ lbs already, but I just dropped everything good that I was doing with my health, and gained the 20, plus 20 more beyond. So please grieve as you need to, but push through it, don't allow it to do to you what happened to me.
  • gloryofthis
    gloryofthis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i didnt cope i regained 60lbs.... trust me, you dont wanna go down that road x
  • littlebre33
    Options
    Use it as motivation!! Make him regret breaking up with you when he sees you all sexy and confident!!! Remember, you are doing this weight loss for yourself! Keep going and let the pieces fall where they may :)
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, my weight had nothing to do with our breakup. I'm getting in shape for myself, period. He was actually really supportive of my decision to get into better shape. Which is weird, because I almost feel like my getting in shape has pushed us apart on some level - don't really know why though. Thanks for all the advice, and I think I'm going to try and get in tonight's workout in one form or another. I just feel. ...empty. I know that whatever happens, things will be okay, but in this moment, I dunno. I just don't know where I am. This wasn't at all how I expected this day to go. I wish something about this situation made sense to me. But, when dealing with another person, sometimes the things they do just don't add up for you. I guess I just have to live with that. Thanks again, ya'll.
  • skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Step 1) Get really skinny and hot
    Step 2) When he asks to get back together say NO
    Step 3) Feel awesome!

Exactly :)
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Go sleep with someone right away! ASAP, before he decides he made a huge mistake and wants to get back together.

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Go sleep with someone right away! ASAP, before he decides he made a huge mistake and wants to get back together.

Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.
    This is so beyond disgusting!!!!
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    guuuurllll. I know you are sad but if you keep working at it and you will make him super jealous later and it will feel good! Just sayin'

Also, the book "It's called a break up because it's broken" is excellent.
  • montlucia
    Options
    Stay strong and try your best not to get into self-pity mode 'cause it'll be a slippery slope.
    Also check out baggagereclaim.com. That site helped me so much with the whole break-up angst stuff.