What do you feed your Pets?

Options

Replies

• pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The Fromm brand...whitefish and sweet potato. And I also give him a tablespoon of coconut oil everyday.
  • acpaton92
    acpaton92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Acana duck and pear; It's made here in Alberta and I've been to the facility where it's produced. All the ingredients are Canadian and the facility is excellent. They also make Orijin which I think is available around North America (I think Acana might just be available locally but I'm not sure?)
  • iamweird1
    Options
    Chicken, fruits, meat, dates, nuts, mango, potatoes, fish.....EVERYTHING!
  • DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My male chi was having hotspots on his coat and a natural pet store recommended a higher protein food. So they eat Acana Pacific flavor and love it!
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    some kind of special doggy food we buy from the vet.
    it took us forever trying different kinds until we found one that
    a) she can actually eat (she only has like 2 teeth because she's a runt)
    b) aren't too big, she's tiny and again, only 2 teeth
    c) doesn't make her gain weight like crazy (for some reason, any other dog food and BAM, next day she's gained 1 pound - and on a 6.5 pound dog 1 pound extra is a lot! )
  • KentClark
    KentClark Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I work at PetSmart and I feed my shih tzu Blue Buffalo Longevity, and sometimes Simply Nourish Lamb and Rice.

One cat eats Simply Nourish Turkey and Rice, and the other cat eats Royal Canin Urinary SO prescription food.

002_zpsa988ade6.jpg
    008_zps8eb66c31.jpg
    004_zps4cabf303.jpg
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Nutro Venison and Potato

Mine get the same.

One is allergic to almost everything, and this is the only kibble that doesn't give him issues.

I also make them big pots of brown rice with carrots and shredded turkey breast sometimes. Yes....I cook for my dogs.
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I just switched to EVO...It's expensive but supposed to be one of the top foods..More protein then most brands. Plus grain free.
  • Snicksitis
    Options
    I also feed my pup and my cats Fromm, really good food and they love the variety in flavors I usually get a different flavor every time.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Max gets natural balance limited ingredient chicken and sweet potato (anything else and we'll be up all night going out every hour on the hour to... ahem... *purge* the offending food from his system) he's allergic to corn, wheat, soy and a few other miscellaneous things, he's a 70lb mutt. Ella is a pure bred Boston terrier who's owner's dumped her at a shelter cause she itched all the time. After some trial and error we've got her on California Naturals kangaroo and lentil. No more itching and she's even off her allergy meds :)

The cats get something hmmmm.... canyon ranch something or other? I always forget what it's called, it's one of the all natural no byproducts ones and Sadie has a sensitive tummy and this works for her. Plus whichever natural wet food is on sale that week, right now it's wellness packets.

Oh and I split the yolk from my omelets between them most mornings too :)
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an English Bulldog and she has allot of issues, but after talking with our Vet, we started on one brand and just went from there. About the time, I thought 'yes, this one is going to work for her'....something else would come up.....soooo, after about 4 to 5 different brands and base ingredient foods, she ended up with a brand from Target. LOL! I think it's called Natural. But anyways, it's small bites, for sensitive dogs and is fish based. She's not overly in love with it, but she eats it......don't worry, she isn't starving, she is spoiled rotten!!! But she is allot happier and her skin is better and she is very healthy for her breed!! The only down fall from her food is, where it's fish based, our cat LOVES it!!! See, there is always an issue! :))
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    my kitties are currently eating blue buffalo kibbles and have canned every few days. they're too picky to eat it every day. i usually feed them blue buffalo or wellness. since we switched to a higher end brand with fewer fillers, the litter boxes have been much easier to take care of. and the kitty farts have all but disappeared :D i've considered cooking for them to supplement the kibble, but haven't had the time to really get in to it.
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I feed my 3 cats Science Diet mixed with Friskies canned from the grocery store. Science Diet was recommended by the vet for one cat that has a bladder inflamatory problem. She needs to make sure she gets lots of liquid so I mix the two cans and then add water. It looks like soup and they love it. The other two cats have no medical problems but they all eat the same thing. The reason I mix it half and half is because they like the Friskies so they will eat the other if it is mixed with it.
    That is amazing that your cat has done so well with cancer! Glad she is doing so well!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I feed my 2 basset hounds Orijen Grain free and my cat gets Evo grain free.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Our two bassets get a raw food diet that we prepare.

The only cooked food that is regularly served to them is canned tuna or salmon, once a week. The rest of their diet is raw meaty bones (beef, pork & chicken in rotation) for breakfast, and ground beef with added veg/pure pumpkin/whole raw egg for dinner.

Even their treats are grain free now. This week they're enjoying dehydrated beef lung.

Their coats and teeth are exceptional, and they are the only dogs I know that DO NOT have dog breath.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Kirkland lamb, rice & veg. We used to feed them Orijen but feeding 130lbs worth of dogs was costing an arm and a leg.

I switched to Kirkland Chicken & Rice after owning a German Shorthair who cheerfully mowed through 12-15 cups of Wellness per meal just to maintain his very lean 60 pounds. Liked it so much I've used it for every dog since.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    wellness the limited ingredient grain free
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Nutro - large breed adult.... and when they get old, Nutro Senior, and when they get fat, Nutro "light" -- and when I run out and forget to go to the store, , , oatmeal or eggs!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My cats eat Wysong Epigen 90 (dry food) for nutrition and a variety of canned foods (Evo, Natural Balance, Wellness) for extra moisture.

BTW, I highly recommend Epigen 90 for cats and dogs with stomach or skin issues. It has pre-biotics and pro-biotics. One of my cats has IBD. It completely cleared up all of her symptoms within 2 days of switching to Epigen 90.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    We feed our Dog Rachel Ray dogfood and he loves it haven't had any issues with that one at all