Tea Drinkers

Options
So I recently started drinking tea (about 2months ago) & Im enjoying it. I switched out coffee for green tea in the morning, in the afternoon I'll have black tea (earl grey or black chai tea) & white tea after dinner. Its great because I dont need any cream or sugar, unlike how I like my coffee ,2 cream 2 sugar,( EEEK!) That 150 calories. That saves me 1050 calories a week!!!! Coffee is now a treat, I love coffee to much to give it up forever.

My skin looks amazing. And the weight is coming off a lot easier. Drinking a hot cup of tea def relaxes me. I love it! Now I brew green or white tea to put in my protein smoothies.

Who else loves tea!

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Darjeeling and Earl Gray. I enjoy Green tea with jasmine, but still have to put a teaspoon of honey in it occasionally.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I love tea too and am fairly new to tea drinking also. I picked up the habbit while I was in Turkey (they just kind of give you tea everywhere). I drink mostly green tea and black tea with a splash of light milk and stevia. I also love peppermint. So far I'm jsut drinking tea bags but I got a tea pot for my work secret santa so I'm going to buy some loose tea when I get a chance and start brewing my own. I have no idea how I ever made it 25 years without tea. Aaaaahhhhh :)
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I do everything in excess. I was drinking 5-10 cups a day at least. Turns out drinking lots of tea can make you anemic.
    Turns out not drinking it around meal times helps slightly.
  • jdrzal
    jdrzal Posts: 21
    Options
    I have no idea how I ever made it 25 years without tea. Aaaaahhhhh :)

I feel the same way!!!!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love tea now too! I mostly drink green tea and dandelion root tea (which actually isn't tea but I like the health benefits of it) i too love coffee but I'm a coffee snob and prefer it ground at home and made in a french press which I'm too lazy to do every morning so its more a treat for me when I get around to making some =)
  • strflt
    strflt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been a moderate tea drinker for a couple years now. I find it relaxing, too. :) One of my favorites is Lady Grey. I admit though, I do like to put cream in my English/Irish Breakfast... Heh heh. I also like to drink chamomile in the evenings. Very mild.

I have at least 5 kinds of tea sitting on my counter!
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had to give up caffeine (doctor's orders) about 6 months ago. I LOVE coffee and didn't look forward to not having it every morning. However, after some searching, I finally found a decaf tea that I absolutely love as much as I love coffee. It's from The Republic of Tea, Vanilla Coconut White Tea. It's delicious. I did some research about white teas, and feel really good about the health benefits I'm getting from drinking it. So it's a win-win!
  • optimist49
    Options
    I love all kinds of teas, I like to drink cinnamon tea after dinner as it stops cravings and keep your blood sugar level.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    As an Asian, drinking tea has been a part of my life since I was a child. I love green, ginger and peppermint teas. Plain. I typically have 1-2 cups of green tea in the afternoon, 1 cup of ginger tea after dinner, and 1 cup of peppermint tea about an hour before bedtime.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've fallen in love with tea! Well, I always enjoyed it- maybe once a month, now I have 1 or 2 travel mugs a day. I don't use milk or sugar in it. Sipping on it is relaxing and keeps me from bingeing. Win/Win!

I also think my skin looks better- not sure if it is the tea or just being happy!
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I gave up coffee, not because of the caffeine but because I can't drink coffee without cream and sugar and also because I didn't want to stain my teeth after getting them whitened. I grew up drinking unsweetened green tea so I went back to that and I haven't missed coffee at all. My favorite is the Japanese teas, with genmaicha being my favorite tea of all time. I usually drink 4-6 cups a day. Only bad part is the frequent trips to the bathroom, which is really annoying.

My skin also looks better and several people have asked me for my secret for glowing skin. I also don't know if its the tea or just being healthier, and therefore happier. I must say that I have never been so happy to be me so maybe it's not really the tea.
  • gayatrik
    gayatrik Posts: 173
    Options
    So I recently started drinking tea (about 2months ago) & Im enjoying it. I switched out coffee for green tea in the morning, in the afternoon I'll have black tea (earl grey or black chai tea) & white tea after dinner. Its great because I dont need any cream or sugar, unlike how I like my coffee ,2 cream 2 sugar,( EEEK!) That 150 calories. That saves me 1050 calories a week!!!! Coffee is now a treat, I love coffee to much to give it up forever.

My skin looks amazing. And the weight is coming off a lot easier. Drinking a hot cup of tea def relaxes me. I love it! Now I brew green or white tea to put in my protein smoothies.

Who else loves tea!

I was going through a post in FB the other day and found that Tea made of Cinnamon and honey helps to lose belly flat. Check this out...u may want to try!!

"drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. When taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. "
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use 1 black tea bag with 16oz water, 1 tbsp milk or less (just enough to get a tan color), and 2 tsp of stevia. Delicious
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I had to give up caffeine (doctor's orders) about 6 months ago. I LOVE coffee and didn't look forward to not having it every morning. However, after some searching, I finally found a decaf tea that I absolutely love as much as I love coffee. It's from The Republic of Tea, Vanilla Coconut White Tea. It's delicious. I did some research about white teas, and feel really good about the health benefits I'm getting from drinking it. So it's a win-win!

My cardiologist told me to cut out caffeine too because i was having terrible heart palpilations. Switched out my daily coffee for green tea and love it. I've always had the iced green tea, but I just started drinking hot tea in the morning.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Chai with about a tsp of sugar, every night. I have green tea and earl grey every now and then too.
  • RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is the only kind I can drink without sugar...so I drink lots of that. Helps stave off the hunger pangs between meals!
  • SheriKCourtney
    Options
    Bump
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I adore herbal fruit teas, I find them sweet enough that I don't need to add anything to them. They also make a great iced tea :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I drink green, white and black but I love all teas herbal or not. Must have real coffee first thing in the morning though!
  • SeekingOne54
    SeekingOne54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed tea (even green) since I was a small child. My paternal grandmother was Scottish so she taught my sister and me the charms of having afternoon teatime. Lovely! I still enjoy making scones and serving tea with my best tea set.

Recently, I discovered a cinnamon/hibiscus tea that is very good for those of us with high blood pressure. It's really delicious and I try to have a couple cups a day.