Anyone started at size 24...

Options

Replies

• spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A year ago I wore size 24 pants and 3XL top. Today I wear size 8 and Med or Small tops.
  • bethanykf
    Options
    I'm a size 24, but they're starting to get loose. :)
  • tapdance66
    Options
    I was a 26/28 when I started in Jan '00 and got down to a size 4 (sometimes a 6) by Dec '02and have maintained it since then. Honestly, if I did it, anyone can. It's all a mental thing - so start by conquering that first. Easier said than done. It took me a year of preparing myself (1999) by researching, planning, and journaling before I even seriously tried to lose weight! I knew I could be successful if I could just have a long-term plan that I could wrap my head around and actually tackle. I was the queen of positive saying sticky notes for quite a while back then! :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just need to know that I"m not alone. What is your current size?

I started at size 24, and I am just now getting into size 20 after losing over 50 pounds. I still need another 5 pounds down for a certain pair of size 20s to fit me as well as they should. But my other pair of size 20s fit me well. So, no, you are not alone.
  • dancinnik
    Options
    Just starting out at 22/24 pants and 3/4x depending on style. Trying to get to at least a 10/12. 8/10 would be even better! Could always use extra support so feel free to add me if you want.
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started at 32. Now I wear a 22. Yeah :)
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Started at 26, now a size 12.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    hmmm. cannot get picture loaded for some reason, odd b/c done this before...

will try again later.

meanwhile, best on your journey! you can do this :-)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Started at a size 22 360 days ago. Down to a size 12 now & almost a 10. I'm a small in top & we are talking a Supre small (like not normal small...but a little smaller than small) and my size 12 skinny jeans & shorts are falling down already. I'm 37, 159cm & before Feb last year....had not exercised EVER. Now I do it daily.... and hard. I eat at my limit here on MFP (fitbit gives me some more that I ignore) and will very rarely eat my exercise back cause I just don't feel hungry enough to eat it all. So it looks like I net at or below 500 every day.

Hang in there, work hard for it. You will get there.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i started at size 30.. im now size 18.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was pushing size 24 about a year and a half ago, now 14W. It's a journey, but can be done, despite highs and lows. Slow and steady is my motto.

Started my weight loss a few months before finding MFP, so it does not quite align with MFP weight loss ticker, yet LOL!

For reference, I am 5'8", 44 y/o.

Just log! You will learn sooo much! Best wishes to you :flowerforyou:

245to195_Jan2013_zps1cd84172.jpg
  • corrincain
    Options
    I'm almost that big. I'm a size 18/20 now. I used to be a size 6. I weigh 215 now but I used to weigh 130 pre-pregnany.My goal is to get even smaller than my pre-pregnancy weight but i doubt that will happen:'((((
  • Pennylane918
    Pennylane918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey on 6/7/12. 31 yo, 260 lbs, 22/24 and seriously over it. I just decided to start logging and that did it for me. I'm down 40lbs and now in an 18. I lost my motivation for a few months, and I can't seem to get back on track. I know that I can do this, I've done it before, but all it takes is 1 or 2 "oh it's ok I can have that and I won't log it" for me to slide backwards and back up the scale. I can't go back, it's not good for my health, or my emotional well being.
  • StephG1130
    StephG1130 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started at size 24/26... I have lost 45 lbs and can fit into 18, but usually wear 20/22. some size 22 are too big. :)
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Picture on the left was last February, size 22. Picture on the right was this past Monday at size 8.

almost1year_zpsf39123b6.jpg
  • lulubinks4
    Options
    I started at size 26/28 (370) and now im a 16/18 (240) you can do it!! ;)
  • beckaboonorton
    beckaboonorton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since January 2nd of this year. I am at a 22/24 (I have a few things in the closet that are a size 20, but in general 22/24 is where I am most comfortable). I started at 281 and am down 15 pounds as of this morning. I am noticing change under my bustline the most and I noticed yesterday that a couple of my skirts and tops are fitting more loosely than they have...I haven't been to a store to try on a smaller size yet, I figured I'd get to the 20 lb mark before I went. :) You're not alone!!!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I started my journey several years ago at size 28-shoulda-been-a-30. I'm now comfortably into a 24 and can pour myself into a 22. My current goal of losing another 75 or so will probably put me into somewhere around a size 16.
  • dtcortez
    Options
    Hey
    I'm a woman size 22 with type 2 diabetes age 37. I had to see the diatician and my doctor told me I needed to lose 20 lbs by May 7th. I am currently at 225lbs. I am trying to walk or work out 5 times a week, plus my diabetic diet. Since January 22 when I started the diet and exercise, I was 234lbs. I think I'm doing really well considering I never done anything about my weight before. Please add me a a friend if you want.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I started out a size 24 W and weighed 220 pounds this time last year. I am not 182 pounds and a size large on top and almost a 16 regular on the bottom. I likweise put I lost 15 pounds on my current weight on my eating lifestyle plan to access how I am doing.

you are not alone at all