I really want that Milky Way candy bar

Options
2»

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    No need to deprive yourself.. if you are under most days going over 1 day isn't going to cause you to gain weight.. enjoy it..it might prevent a binge later.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I never deprive myself if I will fit in with my calories for the day.... have that candy bar!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Eat half that will satisfy the crave and you won't feel as bad later
  • ChubbyBunny212
    ChubbyBunny212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The way I do it is to figure what part of the day it is.
    If it's the end of the day and I have the calories left...I go fo it.
    If it's still early in the day and may need those calories for a meal... I wait.
    Make sure you keep only mini size candy bars and ice cream bars around the house.
    A mini size Milky Way ice cream bar is only 90 calories.
    Denying yourself an occasional 'goodie' is a great way to undermine your progress.
  • supergroovychick
    Options
    If, and only if, you have the willpower for it, Fun Size candy bars are great for timres like this.

IMHO, why bother with awhole MW candy bar? The Fun Size will work.
    If you have the willpower, keep the Fun Size in the freezer. It takes longer to eat a frozen funsize than a room temp full size so you get the taste you want/need in a smaller portion but the enjoyment lasts longer!
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Try to find something that you like just as much but doesn't have quite as high glycemic impact. A dark chocolate Snickers bar is better, and dark chocolate covered almonds are better still. Fast metabolizing sugars will delay your progress and increase your frustration, and denying yourself will make you unhappy. If you want real sustainable results, develop positive alternatives that you like.
  • foxfe
    foxfe Posts: 8
    Options
    if you want it ,eat it. The more you restrict yourself completely of a little "treat" the more likely you are to fail your diet completely. You can have a "free day" once a week where you can indulge a little. This will keep your immune system from plateauing
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calorie goals heck yes you should eat it! Take small bites and savor it guilt free! I had one of the new Milky Way Carmel's last week and it was amazing!!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I could not live w/o my chocolate! lol. Its ok as long as it fits your calories. Enjoy!
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Then eat it. :) And don't feel guilty. If you have calories left, it is on like donkey kong.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hehe just like everyone else has said.. have the bar!

I keep Costco almond chocolate covered toffee in the house for occasions like this. They are 75 calories a piece and one is all I need to satisfy the craving! A jar usually lasts me about 3 months.

Get the mini bars and go for it!