Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Ernothegreat
    Options
    I'm 46 and have lost about 30 since February of last year. Have another 20 I'd like to see go.
  • engrdad
    engrdad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 50 years old and would love to have a few more friends on this site.
  • patcruse
    Options
    I'm 57 and need to lose about 60 lbs.
  • minikeeper
    Options
    I'll be 50 in May and I am trying to lose the 20lbs. I've put on since getting married 3 1/2 years ago. It's a lot tougher now than it used to be. This site helps me stay focused and motivated.
  • niccy3768
    Options
    Hello
    Yes me. I have just turned 45 and have given up a 20 day smoking habilt. Hence a little extra weight has been gained. I have joined to try and nip any extra weight gain in the bud early on.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Tossing my hat in the ring!! Good luck to ya!! Feel free to add me.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Im going to be 40 in May and would like to lose 30lb.
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I will turn 42 next month. Still have about 45 lbs to go. Add me if you like.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41. I joined this site when I was 38 and lost 25 pounds in the first 5 months and kept it off for a year. Then I went through some major life changes and gained it all but 1 pound back in the last year and a half. I've been logging but I seem to have little control over what I consume in this new life of mine. I need to put my foot down and do this! I guess it's true what my doctor told me too, it really is harder to keep weight off in my 40s.
  • Littlejj225
    Littlejj225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 41 this month and wanting and needing to lose at least 50 lbs. Any encouragment would be greatful! Good luck to all of you!
  • chaoticmomx4
    chaoticmomx4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey There! Im 41 and I would like to lose 40ish pounds.I could use any tips, recipes, MOTIVATION, exercise ideas, food lists...!!!
  • kishwar129
    Options
    Hello
    I am 46 and trying to lose about 7lbs. and tone up. It is difficult to work out with busy schedules. My colleagues and I encourage each other to keep moving and eat healthy! The food diary really shows you what your putting into your body and how important it is to portion.
  • Dawn201065
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 years old and have managed to lose weight relatively easily before but after putting on a couple of stone I am finding it more difficult to lose the weight. That is the main reason why i have signed up to myfitnesspal to try and see where I am going wrong.
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find that your friendships and the support are AWESOME! Send me a friend request if you like and we will lose this weight together:flowerforyou:
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm about 18 months away from 40 so make sure to save me a seat.
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    45 and trying to lose 50-60 lbs.
    I started to read a book called The Plan.
    It helps you detect hidden food sensitivites that cause inflammation in the body and make you hold onto unwanted weight.
    It isn't crazy: you don't need a lot of stuff and you don't give up sugar, or carbs or fats or anything really.
    No crazy supplements (just a few in the beginning if you need/want them for a few days).
    Anyway, I am going to give it a try along with healthy eating and exercise and lots more water.
    I don't get how come I eat a little much and gain a lot much!
    I am here with ya!
    If you want to add me feel free.
    Just want you to know that you are not alone in your struggle to lose.
    :-)
    Good luck!!!
    Best wishes!
    Deetzah
  • Strive2BLean
    Strive2BLean Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 with 40 lbs. to lose. Just finished a weight management 6 week course with a dietician and lost 6 lbs in six weeks which is quite the accomplishment for me. The scale wasn't budging at all. She had me switch up my exercise routine to doing intervals. Hard work but apparently it helped.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi almost 43 and trying to lose a very stubborn 40lbs :)
  • iJayne
    Options
    Hi, I am also working on losing the weight I gained. I'm am "retired" from my job, due to am injury on the job. I've been home since 8/10 . I had spinal fusion surgery in 2011. Needless to say my mobility has been hindered. Before my injury I was in an active person.. Work and the gym kept me that way. Anyone here can add me. Support is the best tool . My brother started here and got me interested.. The premise is simple... Similar to weight watchers... Tracking foor makes us accountable.... GOOD LUCK !!!:bigsmile:
  • rachealmiles
    Options
    Hi

I'm 45 in a couple of weeks time. I am very unfit and started exercising at the beginning of Jan and counting calories, 1200 per day.

I went on a body analysis machine at the gym and although my BMI is normal my overall fat is 36% and my muscle is below normal.
    So my aim is to drop some fat and build muscle. I can't say I enjoy exercise but I'm beginning to accept that if I want to be healthy and to ease comfortably into old age then it something that needs to become part of my life.

Feel free to add me.